Fast Track Photographer: Leverage Your Unique Strengths for a More Successful Photography Business

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Become the professional photographer you were meant to be.
Competition in the photography industry has never been fiercer. But in this empowering guide, acclaimed photographer and speaker Dane Sanders reveals that the key to success is to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and start focusing on your most powerful resource: "you." Discover how to:
- Use your un...more
Published May 18th 2010 by Amphoto Books (first published January 1st 2010)

Bryan
Oct 24, 2012 Bryan added it
I choose neither the path of the Freelancer nor the Signature Photographer. Money or fame is not my motivation. I'm more of a hobbyist. I take pictures as my chosen form of artistic expression (mainly because I can't sculpt, paint, or draw with s***). While the fortune or renown that may stem from a full-blown or side-bar career in photography sounds appealing, I still think it's nice to get some sort of laudatory notice once in while.

Anyway, I picked out Fast Track Photographer in a public libr...more
Andrea J
The budding professional photographer has a library of photography-related topics available in book form: technical ("Understanding Exposure"), business ("Best Business Practices for Photographers"), inspiration (name your favorite photographer coffee book), and now motivational ("Fast Track Photographer").

Honestly, if you've ever been to a photography workshop or seminar, you soon find that they are more about motivation than they are about sustainable learning. The same applies to this book: M...more
Natalie
I found most of the worth in this book being in the pdna test and the recommendation to take a strengths test. The problem is that I've read so many books and watched so many videos at this point that advice saying "be yourself, be awesome!" all kind of blends together. Worst, I found that on the pdna test, I am almost 100% medium in everything, which left me with a lot of ambiguity reading the rest of the book. I'm already on the Signature Boutique path as it is, so I'll have to work to change...more
kimberly
not too shabby - he tells it like it is and his advice is sound.

i hate books where you have to take a quiz online which also costs additional money (at least, it did in my case since i got this from the library). even though i didn't take the quiz or join the forum, i felt like i got a lot of good information from the book.
Sara Wilde-Franz
Definitely worth a revisit (once I finish his other book!)
Spencer Harris
Great book!
Johan D
Johan D marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Ashley
Ashley is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Lillian-lotus
Lillian-lotus marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Amanda Singleton
Amanda Singleton marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Ronice
Ronice marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Lori Taber
Lori Taber marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
2039738
Hi. I’m Dane. I’ve authored two business books for creatives – both published by Random House – as well as a number of other resources for photographers.

More recently, I founded fasttrackcreative.com, home of the Better Together Creative Community and Converge: the business of creativity podcast.

In addition to my books, I’ve been grateful to have some of my work featured in a number of publication...more
More about Dane Sanders...
Fast Track Photographer: The Definitive New Approach to Successful Wedding Photography The Fast Track Photographer Business Plan: Build a Successful Photography Venture from the Ground Up