Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes #11)” as Want to Read:
The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes #11)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet (Sherlock Holmes - Die alten Fälle (Reloaded) #26)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  1,523 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Seis aventuras com Sherlock Holmes, o mais famoso detetive inglês: “O Carbúnculo Azul”, “A Faixa Manchada”, “O Polegar do Técnico”, “O Solteirão Nobre”, “O Roubo da Coroa de Berilos” e “As Faias de Cobre”.
Paperback, 48 pages
Published December 1st 2005 by Kessinger Publishing (first published May 1892)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Yousra
لجأت لصديقي هولمز المغرور قليلا ليخرجني من حالة الكآبة التي أصابتني بعد قراءة رواية "العمي" لساراماجو وليعيدني للقراءة عموما بعد أن زهدت فيها فترة

لن امل من ترديد أن مغامرات شيرلوك هولمز هي بمثابة الشوكولاتة التي أحبها وألتهمها بنهم :)

هنا مغامرة مثيرة يتنازع أبطالها أشكال شتى من العواطف ومحاولة الموازنة والموائمة بين العقل والقلب وإملاءات كل منهما

أحببتها بالفعل

شكرا هولمز ^_^
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Perfect length for a cuppa.

How can these family's do this to each other?

Another great story. I love Holmes more and more with each one. Why didn't I read these sooner?
Mohammed  Ali
Jul 19, 2016 Mohammed Ali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
مغامرات شارلوك هولمز , تأليف السيد آرثر كونان دويل

قضية " تاج الزمرد " هي القضية الحادية عشر من مغامرات شارلوك هولمز .

قصة تاج فيه تسع و ثلاثون زمردة ترك من طرف أحد النبلاء الكبار في بريطانيا بعهدة أحد كبار المصرفيين بعد أن تدين منه مبلغا من المال , و لكن و قع المحظور بعد أ تمنت سرقت ثلاث زكردات من هذا التاج الذي أخذه المصرفي معه إلى منزله خوفا من فقدانه . فيتهم الإبن بالسرقة و تحبسه الشرطة و هنا يتدخل شارلوك ليبث في أمر هذه القضية و يحسمها .
Roberto Mattos
Aug 13, 2014 Roberto Mattos rated it it was amazing
Nice short story. If you are used to Mr. Doyle style, you can almost infer the solution to this one, with some imagination... The plot is interesting: A banker, Mr. Alexander Holder of Streatham, makes a loan of £50,000 to a socially prominent client, who leaves the Beryl Coronet — one of the most valuable public possessions in existence — as collateral. Holder feels that he must not leave this rare and precious piece of jewellery in his personal safe at the bank, and so he takes it home with hi ...more
Walter Mendoza
May 31, 2015 Walter Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excellent short story of Conan Doyle. Simple and interesting plot, with a banker, and most valuable possession. A powerful game of deduction. I recommend this work, adventure and well written mystery story.
Amanda Lila
Dec 19, 2016 Amanda Lila rated it really liked it
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was a fun ride full of interesting mysteries that I mostly solved with easy but still story by story this eccentric detective grew on me and I found myself truly enjoying a book after a long reading slump that was on and off during the whole year.
Julia
Jan 09, 2017 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
A short one. Part of a fancy coronet goes missing. Sherlock Holmes talks down to people, runs around a bit without telling Watson what he's doing, and then proudly produces the missing gems with a flourish and some self-congratulating. That's about it!
Nina
Jun 06, 2012 Nina rated it liked it
Reminded me a bit of The Boscombe Valley Mystery in that there was an obvious suspect that only Holmes believed wasn't the guilty one. Very enjoyable and nicely put together.
Željko Filipin
May 08, 2017 Željko Filipin rated it really liked it
Things are not as they look, as usual.
Sweetlaitue
Dec 06, 2016 Sweetlaitue rated it it was ok
Une histoire beaucoup trop prévisible mais écrite dans un style toujours délicieux.
Thawra A
جميلة.
لم تكن غامضة بالنسبة لي، فمنذ البداية تمكّنت من حل اللغز بشكلٍ جيّد.
Frank
Mar 16, 2016 Frank rated it liked it
The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet is the eleventh short story about Sherlock Holmes. It’s also one of the most mixed bags of all.

The story is quite compelling, it might be one of the better written stories, except it makes similar flaws to the original and second book. The “mystery” is relatively easily solved, however the full explanation that Holmes makes is not clear. In fact the reader doesn’t get any of the biggest clues until Holmes is explaining his deductions. Without them, the full my
...more
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This one was about on par with most of the other mysteries in this group. It's interesting, but sort of has a long winded feel to it that the other more enjoyable installments lack.
Rob Thompson
Mar 26, 2016 Rob Thompson rated it really liked it
"Holmes," said I as I stood one morning in our bow-window looking down the street, "here is a madman coming along." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

A great short story were the clues allow the reader to infer the solution at the same speed as Sherlock Holmes.

(view spoiler)
...more
Stacey Kym
Dec 28, 2016 Stacey Kym rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reviews
'The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet' is the eleventh short story of the twelve which make up the novel, 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes'.
The short is about a banker, Mr. Alexander Holder of Streatham, who makes a loan of £50,000 to a socially prominent client, who leaves the Beryl Coronet as collateral. Holder takes it home with him to lock it up there. He is awakened in the night by a noise and is horrified to see his son Arthur with the coronet in his hands, apparently trying to bend it. Th
...more
Rao Javed
Mar 23, 2014 Rao Javed rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-story
Yet again Sherlock is being challenged to illuminate some mayhem but this time a very rare object will lead to the conclusion!

As the story takes part in winter and there is a hell of a snow but nothing can shatter the sprite of Sherlock unless it is some sought of lack of data.

The story deals will a lot of themes like love, trust, distrust, treachery, loathsome and a silence! Indeed silence is the thing that made Sherlock vies through a hell of an exertion but in spite of the silence Sherlock u
...more
Emily
Mar 06, 2016 Emily rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story, partly because I was able to figure out at least part of it just from the client's explanation. I also enjoyed this story because it shows Holmes doing the leg work. Some of the stories make it seem like Holmes is able to figure everything out just by listening, but Holmes does a lot of research and grunt work. I love that he dresses up as people from different stations in life to do some of this work. This story does lack some adventure, and this is the one Sherlock Holmes ...more
Janith Pathirage
Jun 16, 2015 Janith Pathirage rated it liked it
Not the best Sherlock Holmes story , but it's not bad at all. This time SH saves the ass of a honest man by examining some footprints in the snow. This story was adapted for an episode of the 1965 television series Sherlock Holmes with Douglas Wilmer as Holmes and Nigel Stock as Watson. It was a good adaptation.
Abdullah
Oct 10, 2016 Abdullah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
العُقدة وحلها، والعمل التحقيقي وتسلسله المنطقي، كانت كلها بارعةً في مغامرة تاج الزمرة.

حوت أيضاً أحداثَ إثارةٍ دالة على قوّة شارلوك هولمز وتصرفه السريع :).

وأيضاً قال هولمز حكمته الشهيرة مطبقاً إياها في مجريات التحقيق: " إنَّ من المبادىء الأساسية الأصيلة عندي أننا حين نحذف المستحيل، فما يتبقى يجب أنْ يكونَ الحقيقة مهما صَعُب تصديقها".
محمد
لطشت هذا الكتاب من دون أن أقرأ العنوان عليه، وكنت أريد أن تكون أول قراءاتي لهذه السلسلة عشوائية غير خاضعة للوصاية أو الأفضيلة ( أحب أن أمارس هذه العشوائية، وأن تكون أولى قراءاتي للكتاب الجدد عن أوائل ما كتبوا :)
الرواية متوسطة بالعموم، لكني أتوق لقراءة أخرى قريبة
أحببت هذه الشخصية من خلال حبي للمسلسل الكرتوني "المحقق كونان" :)
Amélie Boucher
Jul 30, 2015 Amélie Boucher rated it really liked it
What at first seemed like a simple case turned out to be a complex one. I have to admit that, although I did not have all the details figured out, I was expecting the ending. Nonetheless, I still found the story interesting. It always seems so simple when Sherlock Holmes explains the process he went through to figure things out, but he has once again proven how competent he is at his job.
Zainab Al saba'a
Aug 13, 2016 Zainab Al saba'a rated it it was amazing
Not only that he is smart. I love the way Holmes handles matters with compassion and wisdom. I Am soo falling in love with a fictional character. And the fact that I see the image of Robert Downey jr. Whenever I think about him doesn't help either
Erin
Jul 14, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
I liked that his story had so many intricate details. Personally, I dislike Doyle's stories that don't offer many clues to the readers, but this was had so many details it was fun to hear how it all happened.
Raoofa Ibrahim
Jun 13, 2015 Raoofa Ibrahim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, dead-authors
مصرفي يقرض شخص معروف مبلغا كبيرا من المال ويترك تاج الزمرد ضمانا ...المصرفي سيحاول حمايته من السرقة و من حصول اي ضرر
(view spoiler)
Kemal Maulana
May 22, 2014 Kemal Maulana rated it it was amazing
One of the best stories along with The Speckled Band, I must say. I really admire how Holmes came into conclusion mostly by examining footprints. I also like how love drove the characters to do what they did in the story. Such a great and enjoyable read.
Serena
Dec 10, 2015 Serena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 19th-century
the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again.
Lisa
Jan 30, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
I now know what a beryl is.

Holmes bugs me a bit because there are very few clues laid, so the reader has no possibility of figuring out what happened. But, for listening to while I'm working around the house, it isn't bad.
Williams
Apr 26, 2014 Williams rated it liked it
My problem with this story was that it offered some clues, but the most important ones were only mentioned once in Homes' conclusion at the end (all the footprints,..).
I knew right from the start who stole it, but couldn't conclude more than that because of too few information.
Joanne G.
Nov 06, 2013 Joanne G. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classic, mystery
Arthur is found red-handed with the stolen coronet, and only Sherlock believes him to be innocent. Arthur stoically takes the blame in order to spare one he loves. Although the guilty parties slip through Holmes' hands, he restores Arthur's good name, if not his broken heart.
Ragne
Jan 30, 2013 Ragne rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics, crime
Ah, the time of gentlemen, where you do everything you can to avoid a family scandal. If it had been today, the Sun would probably have known the story from the beginning, and rejoiced in the opportunity to destroy a man's reputation.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 6
  • The Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories
  • سري للغاية
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. X of X (V for Vendetta, #10)
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Netcast: Zero (The Frontiers Saga: Fall of the Core #1)
  • Indonesia Incorporated
  • Classical Mythology
  • The Brownie and the Princess & Other Stories
  • The Thing on the Doorstep
  • The Gospel According to Luke: KJV
  • Kill the Shogun (Matsuyama Kaze, #3)
  • Now You Die
2448
Arthur Conan Doyle was born the third of ten siblings on 22 May 1859 in Edinburgh, Scotland. His father, Charles Altamont Doyle, was born in England of Irish descent, and his mother, born Mary Foley, was Irish. They were married in 1855.

Although he is now referred to as "Conan Doyle", the origin of this compound surname (if that is how he meant it to be understood) is uncertain. His baptism record
...more
More about Arthur Conan Doyle...

Other Books in the Series

Sherlock Holmes - Die alten Fälle (Reloaded) (3 books)
  • The Adventure of the Yellow Face (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #2)
  • The Adventure of the Missing Three-Quarter (The Return of Sherlock Holmes, #11)

Share This Book