Start by marking “A Soldier's Devotion: Wings of Refuge” as Want to Read:
A Soldier's Devotion: Wings of Refuge

A Soldier's Devotion: Wings of Refuge (Wings of Refuge #6)

U.S. Air Force pararescue jumper Vince Reardon was headed to a lifesaving mission. Until a too-pretty lawyer crashed her fancy car into his motorcycle--sidelining him for two weeks. Vince can barely accept Valentina Russo's heartfelt apologies. Ever since his brother was wrongly convicted--and killed in prison--Vince has lost respect for lawyers. But wait--is that Val volu ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Soldier's Devotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Soldier's Devotion

Kristal Singletary
Mar 05, 2012 Kristal Singletary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a great inspirational romance
Recently Cheryl Wyatt released a new Love Inspired series called “Eagle Point”. When I picked it up, I realized that it was a spin-off of another widely popular series of Ms. Wyatt’s “Refuge”. While I came in late on the Refuge series and only got to pick up the last two books, the Refuge series was why I recognized Cheryl Wyatt’s name on this book and picked it up. Therefore, I’m going to take you back to those two books before I start on this new series, but I can already tell you that I’m loo ...more
Sep 04, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Attorney Valentina Russo (Val) is new in Refuge. She was on her way to the courthouse when she got a call on her cell phone that her aunt had toppled down her basement stairs on a medical scooter. She got a ticket for talking on the cell phone while driving.

She saw the red light too late and hit Vance Reardon on his bike. Though her aunt was in dire need of her, she stayed and prayed for him until the ambulance arrived. She got a ticket for disobeying the a traffic signal.

Although she wasn't spe
Sally
Jan 09, 2012 Sally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Soldier’s Devotion
By: Cheryl Wyatt

This is another great book by Cheryl Wyatt! A Soldier’s Devotion is about a pararescue jumper, Vince Reardon, and his journey to faith. Have you had something happen in your past that you didn’t understand, or thought God had deserted you? You will have your faith restored by reading this book! As Vince learns, God doesn’t desert you. He has plans for you, and loves you. Things will happen that we don’t understand, but with our faith in God, we can overcome a
Molly
Aug 11, 2010 Molly rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The Love Inspired novels are generally rather short and prove to be any "easy" read. I'm usually able to finish in a long afternoon, so they're not really those books you become engrossed in. Therefore, I normally don't "love" them.

This one though, I couldn't put down. It may have to do with the fact that it involves the military, with which I immediately relate. I have never read any of the other Wings of Refuge series, but I will definitely keep an out for them now.
Kame
Feb 08, 2012 Kame rated it it was amazing
This is the book I found in the library that made me want to visit Refuge over and over again!

I loved Val and Vince's story - but I loved their bond with their church and friends even more. I have gone on to read every other book in the series I could find.

I went to a used bookstore and bought all of them that they had - they are on my nightstand and I will reread when ever I need the comfort of a good book.
Abigail Adrian
Jul 05, 2015 Abigail Adrian rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4 Stars
First off I am not usually a fan of romance books but this one is written very well, The humor in it is Hilarious, But the thing I didn't like about it was the V names? That just annoyed me, But other wise great book.
terrance
May 17, 2010 terrance rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
If you're name doesn't start with a 'V' then you're not a main or important character in this book! LOL I laughed throughout this whole book, the characters were just hilarious and the plot was fantastic! I would reread this in a heartbeat!
Alyssa
Dec 31, 2013 Alyssa rated it really liked it
This author does an excellent job of making a group of men with the same profession (para rescue jumpers) have a different, believable and dynamic characters. This story continues the series with a great romance and action that makes for a fun read.
IrenesBookReviews
This is one of my favorite books by Love Inspired. Good romance and believable story.
Dana
Jun 16, 2014 Dana rated it it was amazing
I have read this book four times. It has everything...romance, action, high emotion. I fell in love with the strong characters immediately and felt invested in their story.
Karen
Feb 02, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Vince and Val meet after Val crashes into Vince's motorcycle with her car while talking on the phone! OK so this one is updated, but still very predictable.
Rachel
May 31, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loveinspires, romance
One of my favorite books of all the ones I've read. I enjoy the humor and the story very much. (And to be honest, Vince sounds pretty dreamy!)
April
April rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2013
Valerie Van Moorsel
Valerie Van Moorsel rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Kimmy Stewart
Kimmy Stewart rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2012
Mistyblue
Mistyblue rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2010
Eva Hamilton
Eva Hamilton rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2011
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
May 17, 2010
Angie Scott-cleary
Angie Scott-cleary rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2013
Readenqueen17
Readenqueen17 rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
BritGirl
BritGirl rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Tawney
Tawney rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2011
Angie Scott-cleary
Angie Scott-cleary rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2013
Mary Connealy
Mary Connealy rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2010
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Justme
Justme rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2011
Gin
Gin rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 05, 2015 10:54AM
  • The Perfect Blend
  • The Baby Bond
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • A Soldier For Keeps (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #9; Granger Family Ranch, #1)
  • Butterfly Summer
  • Doctor Right (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #3)
  • Winter's End (Slocum Family #1)
  • At His Command (Homecoming Heroes, Book 3) (Love Inspired #460)
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • The Rancher's Reunion
  • Second Chance Dad (Aspen Creek Crossroads #2)
  • Hearts Afire (The Flanagans, #5)
  • The Cinderella List
  • The Best Gift (Sisters & Brides, #1)

Wings of Refuge (7 books)
  • A Soldier's Promise (Wings of Refuge, #1)
  • A Soldier's Family (Wings of Refuge, #2)
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • A Soldier's Reunion
  • Soldier Daddy (Wings of Refuge #5)
  • Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)