Start by marking “Moon Knight, Vol. 5: Down South” as Want to Read:
Moon Knight, Vol. 5: Down South

Moon Knight, Vol. 5: Down South (Moon Knight)

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  97 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Out of the frying pan... into the inferno. Marc Spector may be dead, but Moon Knight is very much alive. Hiding out in the dark underbelly of Mexico City, trouble quickly finds the fugitive vigilante when a mysterious millionaire begs him to ensure the safe return of his kidnapped daughter. Problem is, the girl is in the clutches of corrupt cops that are currently in the c ...more
Published July 22nd 2009 by Marvel (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Knight, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Knight, Vol. 5

Quentin Wallace
Apr 11, 2015 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it
This was the final volume of this particular Moon Knight series, and while it wasn't great, it was good. Moon Knight has abandoned his Marc Spektor identity and is going by a different persona. He's still crazy, just not quite as much as before. He's hiding out in Mexico and ends up in a prison break fiasco along with The Punisher. I've always liked the Punisher/Moon Knight team-ups because the characters work so well together.

A few things brought this volume down, however. Mark Texeira didn't
Nathan
Aug 07, 2011 Nathan rated it did not like it
Here is my final scathing review of Moon Knight. In the last volume Moon Knight moved locations. Now he's in Mexico living as one of his alternate personalities. This is a problem because this personality seems exactly the same as Marc Spector so this is more of pseudonym than a alter-ego. Surprisingly the dialogue has been toned down, I'm not sure whether this was an editorial decision but there are far less swear words in the dialogue than in previous issues.

The usual duration problem still e
Sean
May 08, 2016 Sean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
Still one of my favorite Moon Knight stories. Moonie goes to Mexico and picks a fight with a cartel, with some appearances by the Punisher, a hatchet wielding vigilante named Toltec, and two goofy luchador assassin brothers who listen to Huey Lewis. Complimented by great art.
Sonic
Jun 17, 2011 Sonic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read with our sad, flawed hero Moon Knight. The best thing about this book is it was extremely unpredictable. Many elements were set up that built-up tension nicely, and the resolution was almost anti-climatic, but I liked it because it was so strange and unexpected.

Seems like the on-going theme is that MK is a loser with serious mental problems.
His mental problems are one of the things that make him one of favorite "Batman" reiterations, and the loser-dom gets a little old
though it does a
Mike
Jun 11, 2011 Mike rated it really liked it
Nice solid revenge and twists story. Benson is really solid in the story of a guy with nothing to lose and lots of bad memories/spirits to haunt him. Reminds me of Ennis' work quite a bit.

The real treat tho is the funny pair of characters introduced into the Moon Knight pantheon. This kicked the book up into Matt Fraction territory for me.

The art is actually pretty damned good too. Very strong sense of kinetic style, and appealing to my artsy side. Couple of times I couldn't figure out if I was
Curtis Hempler
Aug 27, 2012 Curtis Hempler rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, crime, superhero
I really liked Jefte Palo's art - it's a good fit for a crime/action story. Also, I enjoyed Mike Benson's style of writing & dialog, but the plot didn't do much for me. This definitely makes me want to read more Moon Knight, if nothing else.
Carmelo Aiello
Carmelo Aiello rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Dusty
Dusty rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
joey
joey marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2016
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Tjavierb
Tjavierb rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Daniel
Daniel added it
May 28, 2016
Wooga
Wooga rated it it was ok
May 27, 2016
Yamen
Yamen rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Nicholas Sacco
Nicholas Sacco marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Marvel Reader
Marvel Reader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
ekin
ekin rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2016
Miłosz Bojan
Miłosz Bojan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
T Icon
T Icon rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Ashton Patrick
Ashton Patrick marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Colton
Colton rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2016
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Moon Knight (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Essential Moon Knight, Vol. 1