Start by marking “Moon Knight, Vol. 5: Down South” as Want to Read:
Moon Knight, Vol. 5: Down South

Moon Knight, Vol. 5: Down South (Moon Knight)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Out of the frying pan... into the inferno. Marc Spector may be dead, but Moon Knight is very much alive. Hiding out in the dark underbelly of Mexico City, trouble quickly finds the fugitive vigilante when a mysterious millionaire begs him to ensure the safe return of his kidnapped daughter. Problem is, the girl is in the clutches of corrupt cops that are currently in the c ...more
Published July 22nd 2009 by Marvel (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Knight, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Knight, Vol. 5

Quentin Wallace
This was the final volume of this particular Moon Knight series, and while it wasn't great, it was good. Moon Knight has abandoned his Marc Spektor identity and is going by a different persona. He's still crazy, just not quite as much as before. He's hiding out in Mexico and ends up in a prison break fiasco along with The Punisher. I've always liked the Punisher/Moon Knight team-ups because the characters work so well together.

A few things brought this volume down, however. Mark Texeira didn't
Here is my final scathing review of Moon Knight. In the last volume Moon Knight moved locations. Now he's in Mexico living as one of his alternate personalities. This is a problem because this personality seems exactly the same as Marc Spector so this is more of pseudonym than a alter-ego. Surprisingly the dialogue has been toned down, I'm not sure whether this was an editorial decision but there are far less swear words in the dialogue than in previous issues.

The usual duration problem still e
Fun read with our sad, flawed hero Moon Knight. The best thing about this book is it was extremely unpredictable. Many elements were set up that built-up tension nicely, and the resolution was almost anti-climatic, but I liked it because it was so strange and unexpected.

Seems like the on-going theme is that MK is a loser with serious mental problems.
His mental problems are one of the things that make him one of favorite "Batman" reiterations, and the loser-dom gets a little old
though it does a
Nice solid revenge and twists story. Benson is really solid in the story of a guy with nothing to lose and lots of bad memories/spirits to haunt him. Reminds me of Ennis' work quite a bit.

The real treat tho is the funny pair of characters introduced into the Moon Knight pantheon. This kicked the book up into Matt Fraction territory for me.

The art is actually pretty damned good too. Very strong sense of kinetic style, and appealing to my artsy side. Couple of times I couldn't figure out if I was
Curtis Hempler
I really liked Jefte Palo's art - it's a good fit for a crime/action story. Also, I enjoyed Mike Benson's style of writing & dialog, but the plot didn't do much for me. This definitely makes me want to read more Moon Knight, if nothing else.
Richard Anderson
Richard Anderson marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Paulius marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Jesse A
Jesse A marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Ilmari Henttinen
Ilmari Henttinen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Christopher marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Comicbookacount marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Greg marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Duncan Egberts
Duncan Egberts marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Moon Knight (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Essential Moon Knight, Vol. 1