Start by marking “De Donkere Toren Concordantie” as Want to Read:
De Donkere Toren Concordantie

De Donkere Toren Concordantie (Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance #1-2)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  7,491 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
De Donkere Toren is het verbindende element in Stephen Kings legendarische oeuvre. Meer dan dertig jaar geleden begon hij eraan, geïnspireerd door onder andere J.R.R. Tolkiens In de van van de ring, de poëzie van Robert Browning en de wersternfilms van Sergio Leone. Het is het verhaal dat King al die jaren trouw is gebleven, zijn magnum opus. Overal in zijn andere werk vin ...more
Published July 2009 by Luitingh (first published July 15th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about De Donkere Toren Concordantie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De Donkere Toren Concordantie

Jonathan
Stephen King's Dark Tower series is my favorite epic work ever. Over the course of eight books he creates worlds, characters and scenarios that that truly display just what an awesome imagination the man has. The Dark Tower is massive and sprawling and a good guide is invaluable when making the trip to the Tower with Roland and Co.

This concordance, updated to include the newest "interquel" "The Wind Through The Keyhole" is a must-have for anyone who has fallen in love with King's magnum opus.
Christina Brummett
One small quibble so far...on page 390, while defining "Territories", RF States that "Every human being in our world has a 'twinner ' in the territories." However, it's actually a plot point that the territories are smaller and not everyone has a twinner. --
The Talisman, pg. 52 paperback: "'There's people in this world have got Twinners in the Territories,' Speedy said. 'Not many, because there's a lot less people over there -- maybe only one for every hundred thousand over here. But Twinners ca
Murat Gonul
Feb 24, 2017 Murat Gonul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: king
It was amazingly brilliant work!

Solid and thorough reference book for the magnificent Dark Tower Series. It has all the characters and the relations between them. It has all the maps of the places, and lyrics for the songs, references to our world and litetature references. All in all great companion for the long and beautiful journey that is The Dark Tower Series. A must-have to all the fans!
Cameron
Mar 15, 2013 Cameron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would be lying to say that I have "read" this nearly 700 page book - it is a reference book, you don't read it cover to cover!

However, I have read the intro and referenced secgtions to clean up my own maps - The earlier maps I have seen (and the current ones) for " The Gunslinger" and "The Drawing of Three" are not quite right.

However I got a huge buzz out of this (making it 4 stars instead of 3), when Furth exoplicitly maade the connect for me that around 300 years had passed while Roland wa
Becky
Oct 23, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the ultimate companion piece to Stephen's King 'The Dark Tower' series, listing every person, place and thing of note within the series, describing each item and providing both information from throughout the series on each item (helping straighten up some clues and references) as well as further information, including potential references to other Stephen King books. A must have for any Tower fan.
Carl Shaw
Aug 25, 2014 Carl Shaw rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, reference
It was not what I thought it was going to be. I would only recommend this to the most die hard Dark Tower Fan. This is a reference manual than categorizes previous information from the series and comics. Does not give any new info from what I can tell.
April (The Steadfast Reader)
A useful tool in reading the Dark Tower series. Especially if you stop in the middle to read something else. Great resource.
Elizabeth
Mar 11, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great reference book for Dark Tower nerds
Julia
Yeah I'm reading a concordance of a Stephen King novel. Don't be hating!
Joanne
Feb 24, 2017 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THis is a gReat reference, has everything you want to know and remember from the series, makes me want to re read or listen to them all soon!!!
Cristhian
I kinda dislike this book for several reasons.
After reading some of the dark tower comics, i have cometo the realization that i am not a big fan of Robin Furth style of writing or even of some of her interpretations about the dark tower. I think that King left some holes in the story that she is trying to fill in her definitions during this book.
Another thing that bothered me was that the book makes a little bit of emphasys in The Wind through the keyhole, which to me is an irrelevant addition t
Dave Metzener
Oct 19, 2011 Dave Metzener rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone reading or have read The Dark Tower series.
Though I didn't fully "read" this book. I skimmed it to see how complete it was as a reference to the Dark Tower universe. This universe includes many books that Stephen Kink has written like The Stand.

The Dark Tower universe is quite vast and a book like The Complete Concordance is a great companion while reading the series.
Billy
Feb 01, 2011 Billy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A HUGE, detailed companion book to the epic Dark Tower series. Written by Robin Furth, the supposed foremost expert on all things Dark Tower, besides Sai King. I dont think this book is essential for the series, but having it as a reference tool is priceless if you want to squeeze every last drop out of the Dark Tower. Basically an encylopedia for DT Junkies
Ed
Jan 23, 2008 Ed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-have for Dark Tower fans, a comprehensive guide to just about every person, place, and expression used in the Dark Tower novels. Perfect for refreshing your memory, or just perusing at your leisure and it is easy to use as each entry contains corresponding page numbers for the books themselves. Also contains an introduction by Stephen King himself.
Mary
Jun 22, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this is Stephen King and as an avid reader,i feel any reader who reads to travel to different worlds this series is the best of many worlds. He done an excellent job keeping it all together and keeping every one on edge for the next book (which he took a little long in finishing, but it was worth the wait).
Michael L.
Was intended to be a slow read, to be picked up for a few minutes at a time occasionally. Very informative!
Patrick McWilliams
R.F. does an excellent job of compiling Dark Tower data. Fans of the series could probably read this concordance straight through and thoroughly enjoy it!
Kit★
Jan 04, 2013 Kit★ marked it as wishlist-want-it  ·  review of another edition
I have the original two separate volumes of the Concordance, but I'd love to have this new revised one!
Agneata
So this is not one that you read cover to cover. But it goes nicely with the series.
Roxy
Apr 13, 2015 Roxy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this series so many times and simply love it. The story line includes Mr King himself and in my opinion is great!
Kathy
Sep 04, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Encyclopedic reference of the Dark Tower series. It was helpful but not as interesting as I'd hoped. I wanted more explanation of how King's other books fit into the DT world.
reader
Mar 19, 2016 reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. But then I'm a fan of all of his work.
Joshbgosh
Joshbgosh rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
AJ Bendt
AJ Bendt rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
hlamode
hlamode rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Angelee Persaud
Angelee Persaud rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Tina Taylor
Tina Taylor rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2012
Ty
Ty rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Tamara Weatherstone
Tamara Weatherstone rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2008
Stephen King Fans: The Complete Concordance 9 78 May 21, 2011 07:46AM
  • The Stephen King Universe: The Guide to the Worlds of the King of Horror
  • The Stephen King Companion
  • Nightmares in the Sky: Gargoyles and Grotesques
  • The Lost Work Of Stephen King: A Guide to Unpublished Manuscripts, Story Fragments, Alternative Versions and Oddities
  • Bare Bones: Conversations on Terror with Stephen King
  • Stephen King: The Art of Darkness
  • Haunted Heart: The Life and Times of Stephen King
  • The Dark Tower Companion: A Guide to Stephen King's Epic Fantasy
  • Stephen King's N.
  • The Stand: Hardcases
  • Road Rage: Two Novellas (Duel & Road Rage)

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance (2 books)
  • Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance, #1
  • Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance, #2

“Ka is a wheel; its one purpose is to turn. The spin of ka always brings us back to the same place, to face and reface our mistakes and defeats until we can learn from them. When we learn from the past, the wheel continues to move forward, towards growth and evolution. When we don’t, the wheel spins backward, and we are given another chance. If once more we squander the opportunity, the wheel continues its rotation towards devolution, or destruction.” 11 likes