Start by marking “Jael's Story (Women of the Bible)” as Want to Read:
Jael's Story (Women of the Bible)

Jael's Story (Women of the Bible)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The third installment of Women of the Bible, a compelling series for fans of historical romance and fiction.

Like most brides, Jael hopes for a loving marriage. But when Heber takes her home to his other women, her dreams crumble. The women warn Jael that to bear the sons Heber demands, she must risk shame, betrayal of her vows, even execution. But in this darkest moment,
Published March 7th 2006 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Jael's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jael's Story

Flora Bateman
This was a wonderful story. This is the story of Jael who is briefly mentioned in the bible. She was married to Heber who was a blacksmith. Her family believed that he would provide for her and treat her well because of his wealth and social standing. Jael soon came to learn this wasn't the case. When she becomes part of his household as second wife she quickly learns how he treats his wives and concubines. And being women they have no protection against his abuse.

I loved seeing a glimpse of lif
Anne Hawn Smith
This is the Biblical story of Jael who is mentioned very briefly in the Old Testament. The author has created a story that could have taken place at that time an included a lot of historical detail to give a sense of what life might have been like for Jael. One of the major points was the vulnerability of women then. Jael's husband was brutal, but his wives and concubines had no protection under the law. Jael's husband was a blacksmith and the family lived in a large tent and moved with the army ...more
Meghan
Recently I read "Deborah's Story" and decided to read "Jael's Story" next, since it seemed they fit together. I enjoyed this short book quite a bit, it was an interesting tale of a Israelite spoils-of-war concubine who converted Jael to belief in the One True God, and, of course, how she did Sisera in. I was glad we got to meet Deborah again, as well.
Marilyn
loved learning about another amazing woman.
Hilary
A surprisingly light read for the women of the bible type series. I'm always amazed at how the women were able to be treated and I was very happy at the end. I think I'll read another one of the series next time I get around to the library.
Moonmomie
Very enjoyable Biblical Fiction read. Strong female main character and satisfying plot. There are four unrelated books in this series. All are equally well written.
Juanita Haden
Loved this book. It helped you to feel like you were back in biblical times seeing how the women lived and were treated. I also lived the bit of romance thrown in.
Tgirl
This book was neither repelling or jaw-dropping. I enjoyed the overall feel of the book, but there were parts that were definitely bland and boring.
sally diana
Aug 22, 2007 sally diana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: rebecca, laurie
This is a quick read. Informative and entertaining, this is a good companion to Deborah's Story since their lives are connected.
Bobbie Ann
Interesting. Would like to read other books in this series. Want to compare to Bible version. Read by Effie Johnson
Loved this book. It was a great story about what might have been. I read it super quick and loved it.
Carol Fillmore
Learned Biblical history...wasn't familiar with this woman...now I am.
Carol Simon
Carol Simon marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Maria Patterson
Maria Patterson marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Nov 15, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Lajuan Floyd
Lajuan Floyd marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Annelisa
Annelisa marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
  • Martha
  • Abigail (The Wives of King David, #2)
  • Delilah: A Novel
  • A Reluctant Queen: The Love Story of Esther
  • Jezebel
  • Love's Sacred Song (Treasure of His Love)
  • Chosen: The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther (Lost Loves of the Bible #1)
  • The Heavens Before (Genesis, #1)
  • Grandpa's Stolen Treasure (Adventures of the Northwoods #7)
  • Harvest of Rubies (Harvest of Rubies, #1)
  • The Triumph of Deborah
Rahab's Story (Women of the Bible) Deborah's Story (Women of the Bible) Abigail's Story (Women of the Bible)