Start by marking “Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything” as Want to Read:
Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything

Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything

It seems we're all growing more negative. Bad news on the TV and in the papers makes us all feel fed up and we find it easier to talk about what's wrong instead of looking for what's good. But imagine knowing a simple trick that you could use to help you feel better about everything. No matter how bad, how upsetting, how annoying or how frustrating the situation, wouldn't ...more
Published September 22nd 2009 by Pearson Longman

To ask other readers questions about Flip It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flip It

Aj
Oct 03, 2012 Aj rated it really liked it
Reading the back page you will think the book is just another one of those self-help "you can do anything" books, but luckily I ignored my knee-jerk reaction to drop the book.

The whole book is about one technique and that is "re-framing". The book could probably have been less pages, but knowing what the technique is, doesn't automatically leads to a successful application of it. Each chapter goes through examples of how to use it across various challenges in your life: work, friends, family, w
Tim Corke
Mar 18, 2013 Tim Corke rated it it was amazing
How to get the best out of everything is life changing. If you're stuck in a rut or just want to kickstart and propel yourself forward read this book.

I've benefitted from reading this book by making key notes to refer back to but would definitely consider getting myself a copy given the range of helpful, supportive and inspirational tips and phrases it contains.

It's written very well; lists of key points and a friendly personal approach that reads like you're on the phone to a good friend giving
Bjorn Hardarson
Oct 08, 2011 Bjorn Hardarson rated it liked it
I believe it is actually great to read books that tells you some good suggestion on your way of thinking your life, work, goals and etc. If you have read a lot it does maybe not actually gets you a new kind of knowledge. But I believe reminders are often better to "first learning" The good thing about Flip it is that it tells the truths focus on goals, task list and working with thoughts. At last it is short and does not take you long to read/remind you. just tell it as it is and Remind you as ...more
Vicii
Jul 02, 2016 Vicii rated it really liked it
loved this
Robert C.
Apr 16, 2015 Robert C. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knowledge
This is such a wonderful little book. If this book was a bag of crisps, they would be chocolate coated, in a bed of liquorice ice cream with sprinkles.

Every single page is filled with lovely things you can do in order to make your life and that of those around you into a multiverse of goodness and success and stuff like that.

The language used is simple and easy to interact with - rather like it is programmed to behave like your favourite film star (or starlet), you know, the one you would stalk
Maya Panika
Jul 19, 2015 Maya Panika rated it really liked it
Surprisingly inspirational - it certainly got ideas flowing for me (17 notebook pages so far on a business idea I'm working on). The 'flip it' concept isn't especially new and it builds on many well-worn positive thinking models, but it's nicely done here and it certainly got me thinking. The core idea gets a bit lost sometimes too, becoming a more generalised positive thinking tome. I found the chapter on relationships a little patronising - that's probably just me. For the most part, though ...more
Richard
Sep 09, 2012 Richard rated it liked it
this book tells you how to change your out look in life (quality). it begins with attitude, instead of asking why, the book suggests to ask how? the book also says that quality of life comes from what you eat and activity levels, it claims this is done on an 80:20 rotio. 80 percent of what you eat is down to your weight and the remainder is down to exercise (20 percent). tells you how to be a better lover/ friend.
gramakri
In this book the author offers his approach for thinking and taking actions that lead to higher levels of happiness, confidence, creativity and success. He calls this approach "Flip It".
A good light reading material. But it does not have an USP which can clearly differentiate it from other self-help books in the market.
More details about this book at
Stuart Brunger
Apr 08, 2016 Stuart Brunger marked it as to-read
I get it, I should not be asking 'why on earth did I buy this, but How on earth did I buy it. Well I wanted to try out Itunes audiobooks compared to audible. So now instead of thinking why is it so condescending, I'm thinking How come it sounds so condescending.....
Andrea Lewis
Sep 14, 2011 Andrea Lewis rated it it was amazing
Flip It is simplistic yet powerful. It's basically being positive as opposed to negative. Instead of focusing on the problem. Flip It! I love the term.

Michael encourages to look at alternative and creative ways to live a happy life. This book was concise and to the point.
Dave
Apr 28, 2014 Dave rated it liked it
Flip It; or, in other words, every cloud has a silver lining.
That's the overriding message of this book, with short chapters covering most aspects of life.
A good book to dip into, nothing too deep.
Martin
Sep 30, 2012 Martin rated it really liked it
Some quite interesting ideas. I'd like to think I'd be able to put some into practice. We'll see.

Susan
Aug 15, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
It is good food for thought. Turing your attitude around and/or your habit around. I have found it useful to go back and re-read chapters. This I rarely do with any book.
j thompson
Aug 04, 2016 j thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring read

Couldn't think of a way to improve it. Does what it says and challenges you to shift perspectives.
Practical tips rather than just the philosophical.
Terry Marsdens
Feb 01, 2010 Terry Marsdens is currently reading it
Instead of your glass being half empty, try and see it as half full. Learn to make the most of things.
Nora
Jun 13, 2015 Nora rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A great book full of ideas. Some of them you will know already. The one that made me laugh the most: "Do you eat everything you see? No? Then don't believe everything you hear."
Rosie Amber
Jan 12, 2013 Rosie Amber rated it it was amazing
This was a great read for January when we all need a motivational boost. Lots of ideas and ways to see things differently. Easy to read and well set out.
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Alicia Drummond
Alicia Drummond rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
My BookSwap Club
My BookSwap Club rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Paula Williams
Paula Williams rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2013
Asmaa Richi
Asmaa Richi rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2013
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Matt Gardner
Matt Gardner rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Rorreta Lampica
Rorreta Lampica rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Louise Lewis
Louise Lewis rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Nyjolene Grey
Nyjolene Grey rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Ayoub Radil
Ayoub Radil rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Mike Minh
Mike Minh rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
  • Leadership: Plain and Simple
  • الذاكرة
  • Stop the Excuses!: How to Change Lifelong Thoughts. Wayne W. Dyer
  • One Plus One Equals Three: A Masterclass in Creative Thinking
  • Natural Selections: Selfish Altruists, Honest Liars, and Other Realities of Evolution
  • Business Plans for Dummies
  • How to Spot a Liar: Why People Don't Tell the Truth...and How You Can Catch Them
  • ريح بالك
  • Change Your Mind, Heal Your Body: When Modern Medicine Has No Cure The Answer Lies Within. My True Story of Self- Healing
  • 365 Ways to Live Happy: Simple Ways to Find Joy Every Day
  • The Art of Action: How Leaders Close the Gaps between Plans, Actions and Results
  • Venus on Fire, Mars on Ice: Hormonal Balance--The Key to Life, Love, and Energy
  • The Twelve Universal Laws of Success