Start by marking “Darkside Blues” as Want to Read:
Darkside Blues

Darkside Blues

In the near future, almost the entire world lies in the iron grip of a huge conglomerate, the Persona Century Corporation. One day, a mysterious good-looking man appears in Shinjuku, one of the few places not dominated by Persona Century. Shinjuku is a dangerous and lawless place, teeming with rebels and terrorists. The stranger's name is Dark Side - and with the help of a ...more
Published April 13th 2004 by ADV Manga (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Darkside Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkside Blues

Heather *live on coffee & flowers*
People have a right to live in peace.
Even when that peace is corrupt?

I first became obsessed with this story in anime form. It was one of those I was lucky enough to randomly pick up from the video store. Then I bought it on tape, and eventually on DVD.

This is both sci-fi and fantasy, with a bit of dystopia/apocalyptic thrown in. There is so much to this story, yet so much is left unexplained. I watched it and re-watched it, and eventually started developing theories. I even made a fansite for
Anne Barwell
Aug 10, 2010 Anne Barwell rated it liked it
Shelves: library, manga
This one, although a good storyline, I'm a bit more undecided re whether I'd recommend or not. It left a lot unexplained about characters, but there isn't anymore in the series, and there was one hell of a lot of graphic violence/torture in places. I enjoyed the read, but it wasn't one I felt I needed to have more of, or my own copy of. The latter, I think, is usually the gut reaction deciding factor on something for me.

The manga carries a horror tag but I didn't think it really strayed into th
Leila Anani
This one-shot can be mighty confusing - it contains characters and plot worthy of a series in just a single volume. We have Kikuchi's trade-mark post-apocalyptic dystopian future where 90% of the world is ruled by the Persona Century Corporation who live on a floating island satellite above the Earth. Shinjuku is the last free zone and a band of rebels have attacked the corporation HQ. The one surviving rebel escaped and ended up in Shinjuku where he meets up with a delinquent street gang known ...more
Mazohyst
Jan 25, 2011 Mazohyst rated it really liked it
While I'm not all too fond of the sci-fi genre, I found that I really enjoyed this manga. There was some blatant nudity in the beginning, and even more blood and gore throughout, but not so much that I would consider this as a horror. Everything's really futuristic, but the artwork has that classic, 90's feel. I almost felt like I was reading Dragon Ball Z (bad comparison, both great works).

Even though this volume is over 300 pages, I found it to be relatively short. It had nice bits of action s
Subbu G
Apr 24, 2011 Subbu G rated it liked it
Exceptional artwork! .. The story seemed very promising, it has lot more to offer than what can be accomplished with just one Volume. This manga deserves to be continued.
Lauren Mc
Oct 16, 2011 Lauren Mc rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
A bit confusing, and it ends on what could be considered a cliffhanger. The majority of the characters go unexplored, but the ones we do see more than just a few scenes of are interesting.
Jeff S.
Jeff S. rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Marissa
Marissa rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2009
Kienie
Kienie rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Richard Lanson
Richard Lanson rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Jim Pyke
Jim Pyke rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Andrew Butler
Andrew Butler rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2015
AM10000
AM10000 rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2010
Christos Corliss
Christos Corliss rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2012
Laura (ローラ)
Laura (ローラ) rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Linnea Smith
Linnea Smith rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2014
Gloria
Gloria rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2010
Toby
Toby rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Aschelle
Aschelle rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2011
Saud Aldrees
Saud Aldrees rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2012
C Agent
C Agent rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2013
Mustafa
Mustafa rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Arec Rain
Arec Rain rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2010