Bounce: The Art of Turning Tough Times into Triumph

Bounce: The Art of Turning Tough Times into Triumph

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Why do many people and companies crumble in the face of difficulty, while others use adversity to bounce back even stronger? Here from New York Times bestselling author Keith McFarland is a leadership fable for those wary of fables, a story that rejects pat, heard-it-before advice and shows–in a startlingly fresh way–how to use challenges to make both yourself and your org...more
Published September 15th 2009 by Crown Business (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bounce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bounce

Debs
Has our educational system sunk so low that every book on management has to be written at a 6th grade reading level?

Has our "War on Terror" mentality branched so far out that we should look to the military when it comes to saving businesses?

Have we really made so little in-roads into the corporate culture that management books must have a theme that the macho way is the best way?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Bounce is the book for you.

I do believe that innovation can come...more
audrey
I'd like to compare "Bounce" to most fairy tales. Both are unrealistic and vague. And both are short and end happily, ever-after. After the "story", the author summarizes the few points made throughout the book into what I took to be the only somewhat thought-provoking aspects of the entire book. If anything, read the last 30 pages.
Kim Ford
Very easy read with some business basics that are sometimes forgotten. Business problems don't have to be that complex, really can be very easy to understand root cause and solve, if you follow these basic steps. In today's environment, this is a good time to read this book and put some of the points to practice. I am going to.
Carrie
Pretty good business and resillance book. I think I'm annoyed with it because, when trying to manage UP, how does one get those "in charge" to take a hard look at themselves and recognized their behaviors as described in this book. In some ways, a company is only as strong as its leadership TEAM.
Rob
This book lacks the academic rigor that made McFarland's first book insightful and educational. If you need a bedtime story then this is the book you should read, but if you're interested in learning how to improve your business you should not waste your time.
Astrid
Easy to read story about a basiclprinciple in management and running a business. Well done! Of course it needs more to survive though times with a company. But having a though time in private life, this book certainly sent some trust in a positive outcome
Cathy
This book was different than other self-help books I've read. Told in the format of a short story made it flow more easily than normal work help books that I feel the need to keep a high-lighter near by.
Tanya
I know that many people think this type of book is silly... but parables are useful. You really can get a lot out this book and others in its genre. Highly recommend.
Rick
Good principles imbedded in a story. Many aspects of the story seemed a bit contrived and artificial, but those underlying principles are valid.
Adam Hinckley
Good Read on turning things around. This book and Swith help create a great change agent model.
Clay
A good little novel about reacting to adversity and actually growing through the experience.
Andrea
I found this book to be a quick read with some good take aways for the office and life.
Sidney
I found the book helpful for both personal and professional goal setting and planning.
Brett Noneman
A good read IIF you've read his first book "The Breakthrough Company"
Sue
A good quick business read and some good thoughts to start 2010.
Crystal
good application for these times
Leah Martin
Leah Martin marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Arielle Hale
Arielle Hale marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Joshua Nielson
Joshua Nielson marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bounce: The Art of Turning Tough Times into Triumph Bounce The Breakthrough Company: How Everyday Companies Become Extraordinary Performers Bounce: The Art of Turning Tough Times Into Triumph The New Business Model, a World Innovation Forum meets China's Economic Emergence: Does such change offer Charlotte, NC insight to further success?