Start by marking “The Collected Alison Dare, Little Miss Adventures” as Want to Read:
The Collected Alison Dare, Little Miss Adventures

The Collected Alison Dare, Little Miss Adventures (Alison Dare #2)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Alison Dare is back in this new collection of stories! Thrill as Alison and her boarding school friends journey into the "Heart of the Maiden!" Shriek with girlish glee at the adventures of the costumed avenger The Blue Scarab! And laugh and learn as world renowned archaeologist Dr. Alice Dare teaches a thing or two about museum mayhem! All your favorite adventurers are he ...more
Published October 25th 2005 by Oni Press (first published August 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Alison Dare, Little Miss Adventures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Alison Dare, Little Miss Adventures

Robin
It is easy to see why this book was nominated for an Eisner award as I'm sure any young girl looking for a hero would love it. Heck, I'm 35 and I enjoyed it immensely. Featuring a lead character with a wild imagination and an equally wild real life family (Mom's a world famous archaeologist and Dad's a superhero. Not to mention an Uncle who is master of disguises) the book was a fun read that made me chuckle in a few spots.

It is a comic that I wish I had around when I was a young girl going thro
Freda mans
This is, by far, a fantastic comic book! In the same style the Archie's comics are written, comes an adventurous 12 year old girl and her friends. Always into mischief, but not in trouble, these girls take you on a great journey.
I think this is a great comic book that any young child, 8-13 would love, boy or girl.
Definitely going on my recommendation list, since it made me laugh out loud!
Canadian Children's Book Centre
Reviewed by Lynette Terrill

Alison Dare may look like an ordinary student at the St. Joan of Arc Academy for Girls, but this feisty, excitement-hungry heroine is anything but. Her mother is an internationally famous archaeologist. Her father a mild-mannered librarian who leads a secret life as local superhero The Blue Scarab. And whether it’s a visit from Uncle Johnny the super-spy or an ancient artifact’s power unleashed, adventure has a way of finding them all.

The first volume, Little Miss Adv
Liam O'Donnell
Adventure-seekers everywhere have a new heroine to call their own in J. Torres and J. Bones 3-part Alison Dare graphic novels. This May, Tundra Books reprints the first two books in the series: Alison Dare: The Heart of the Maiden and Alison Dare: Little Miss Adventures. Since it was first published in 2002, the realm of children's graphic novels has expanded greatly, but there is still no hero like Alison Dare. Readers and librarians will enthusiastically welcome onto the their bookshelves twel ...more
Althea J.
My girls are going to love this book!

It's the adventures of a girl, Alison Dare, as she sneaks out of boarding school to solve mysteries with her friends. Alison is used to adventures as she tagged along with her mom the archeologist over the summer. And as if that weren't enough excitement for one girl, Alison's dad is a superhero known as The Blue Scarab.

So much fun and the art, by J. Bone, is perfection.

I just wish there were even more adventures of Alison Dare to read about.
Kate
Alison Dare: The Heart of the Maiden is an exciting and action packed graphic novel aimed at younger readers. With a famous archaeologist for a mother and a superhero father, Alison Dare has some mighty big shoes to fill.

The Heart of the Maiden is an interesting introduction to the Dare family. Told in mini-episodic stories, the novel is sure to keep a younger reader's attention. But for me, it was a little all over the place. It seemed that every time I would get into the flow of the novel, the
Kristen
I really dug these graphic novels. Alison is the daughter of a superhero and an archeologist and definitely is not beyond getting into trouble with her own adventures. I love the style of these books, along with the characters and the constantly moving plot. They're the type of graphic novels I want in my elementary school library and they're definitely making it on the list for next year. I think it offers a lot to kids who like superheros and those who like real life stories. It's a great blen ...more
Alea
I think that in Volume 2: The Heart of the Maiden, Alison really shines. These stories take place at Alison's boarding school with her two friends, Wendy and Dot. I like how the entire book contributes to one larger story unlike Volume 1: Little Miss Adventures. We still have all the same characters and Alison getting into trouble and being sneaky but it all ends up focusing on a mystery at Alison's school involving the nuns, the heart of the maiden, ninjas, and a other few hilarious things!

Agai
Brett
Once again, although the story's timeline seems a bit choppy, I enjoyed Alison Dare's wild adventures, some harrowingly real, some a little more made-up. Think tween-age Indiana Jones for girls.
Jill
Fun book! Reminiscent of Harry Potter and Scooby Doo :), only a group of all girls who live at a private school and solve mysteries. Great book for young girls and reluctant readers
Allanna
Cute little-girl version of Indiana Jones, complete with superhero connections.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Brigid Taylor
Brigid Taylor marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Zoe-Mai-Ann
Zoe-Mai-Ann marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Comic book writer whose credits include the Eisner Award nominated Alison Dare, the YALSA listed Days Like This and Lola: A Ghost Story, as well as Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Love as a Foreign Language and Teen Titans Go, which garnered him a Shuster Award.
More about J. Torres...
Into the Woods (BIGFOOT Boy #1) Teen Titans Go!, Volume 1: Truth, Justice, Pizza! Jinx Days Like This Teen Titans Go!, Volume 6: Titans Together