Start by marking “Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi: Ajaran-Ajaran Spiritual Jalaluddin Rumi” as Want to Read:
Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi: Ajaran-Ajaran Spiritual Jalaluddin Rumi

Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi: Ajaran-Ajaran Spiritual Jalaluddin Rumi

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  241 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This is the most accessible work in English on the greatest mystical poet of Islam.
Published February 2001 by Qalam (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi

Tim
Past often appropriated quotes from Rumi, it was this book along with the Mathanawi that truly introduced me to Rumi a few years ago. A spiritual mentor had taken me through part of the Mathnawi, plus the writings of Chittick, which in turn opened me to the teachings of Ibn Al-Arabi, and the foundation of my view of Islam comes from that background.

I remember this mentor instructing me in the Islamic view of the transcendent God, which is always bigger than we can imagine but at the same time c
Ruhat alp
Sep 20, 2012 Ruhat alp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
According to Rumi, in order for us to be saved, we should first turn inside ourselves
and see our mistakes. we should cleanse the house of the heart from dirty thoughts.
We should keep it as clean as a house of worship. we should endure the calamities
that strike us. We should believe that everything comes from God and nothing
happens without His will, and for this reason we should not complain of diseases,
poverty, and sorrows. we should see the trouble that comes from the Beloved as a
remedy.Life is
Hala Abu ali
Sep 19, 2015 Hala Abu ali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!it holds answers to sooo many questions that always run through my mind. It was really a moving spiritual journey to read through Rumi's words .not to forget the way these words were presented by William C. Chittick.I would definitely recommend it .
Miroku Nemeth
Jul 18, 2013 Miroku Nemeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book. Not enough people know of the tradition of loving devotion in Islam--we all need to spend some time with Rumi from time to time to remind us of what is important.
Uzma
Excellent, most beautiful. Not only does it give you a taste of Rumi's writings but also an understanding of his philosophy. Perfect book for a beginner in Sufism, Rumi & Islam
Brittany
Aug 07, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
inspiring read. i will keep this book and these teachings with me.
Sharon Rainey
Apr 16, 2016 Sharon Rainey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book for the beginning student. This was my first book about Rumi, his history, and his amazing wisdom and insights. Loved every page.
Jill
Nov 03, 2011 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
This is the best book on Rumi's poetry that actually shows you the meaning and application of what the great Sufi poet. If anyone of you are serious about understanding God and/or Sufism, I highly recommend picking this up. It can seem a bit dense at first glance, but it has answered so many questions I have had about God and why life is the way it is.

I will probably always be 'reading' this book.
Corrina
Jun 11, 2008 Corrina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We took a reading from Rumi to use for my daughter's Ceremony of Blessing and Thanksgiving at ChristChurch Cathedral, Oxford. It was so lovely, and so fitting.
Dennis
Oct 07, 2007 Dennis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Passages from the poetry and prose of Rumi on a variety of different topics.....inspired and inspiring
Shamsa
Mar 18, 2016 Shamsa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sufism, spiritual
More of a reference book or a catalog of Rumi quotes organized by the author under major headings.
Mansoor Ahmad
Jul 14, 2012 Mansoor Ahmad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is recommended for any body who wants to understand Rumi and his poetry.
Lou
recommended by several people who study comparative religions.
Shahid
May 01, 2009 Shahid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An array of beautiful translations from the Divan-i Shams
Keerthana Gopinathan
Keerthana Gopinathan marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Mac
Mac is currently reading it
May 24, 2016
Sadat Qureshi
Sadat Qureshi marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Sitti Khalizdha
Sitti Khalizdha rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Farheen
Farheen marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Gabriele
Gabriele marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Adv Ghazanfar
Adv Ghazanfar marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Uzair Suhaimi
Uzair Suhaimi marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Adam
Adam is currently reading it
May 11, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Nadia
Nadia marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Bruce
Bruce marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Besnik Sinani
Besnik Sinani rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Le Freebird
Le Freebird marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
  • The Triumphal Sun: A Study of the Works of Jalāloddin Rumi
  • The Sufi Path Of Knowledge: Ibn Al ʻarabi's Metaphysics Of Imagination
  • The Kashf Al-Mahjub (the Revelation of the Veiled) an Early Persian Treatise on Sufism ('Ali B. 'Uthman Al-Jullabi Al-Hujwiri)
  • Al-Ghazali on the Remembrance of Death and the Afterlife (Book XL of The Revival of the Religious Sciences)
  • Sufism and Taoism: A Comparative Study of Key Philosophical Concepts
  • The Lives of Man: A Guide to the Human States: Before Life, In the World, and After Death
  • Essential Sufism
  • Three Muslim Sages: Avicenna, Suhrawardi, Ibn 'Arabi
  • Women of Sufism: A Hidden Treasure
  • The Book of Sufi Healing
Profile in Farsi: مولوی

Mawlānā Jalāl-ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī (Persian: مولانا جلال الدین محمد رومی), also known as Mawlānā Jalāl-ad-Dīn Muhammad Balḫī (Persian: محمد بلخى) or Maulana Jalal al-Din Rumi, but known to the English-speaking world simply as Rumi , was a 13th century Persian (Tādjīk) poet, Islamic jurist, and theologian. Rumi is a descriptive name meaning "the Roman" since he lived most pa
More about Rumi...