How Will I Know?

How Will I Know?

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  404 ratings  ·  22 reviews
It was love at first sight for Claire and Bill Hudson. They met at Claire's fifth birthday party and they were destined to be together for the rest of their lives. When baby Georgia came along, it was the icing on the cake. So when a tragic accident snatched Bill away, Claire felt like she'd lost everything--except Georgia. In the three years since, Claire has devoted her...more
Published August 29th 2005 by Headline Book Publishing (first published 2005)

Jaya
The nice men are ugly. The handsome men are not nice. The handsome and nice men are gay. The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men, have no money. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money, think we are only after their money. The handsome men without money are after our money. The handsome men who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual don't think we are beautiful enough. The men who think we are beautiful, that...more
Amafle
Tenia este libro es proceso de lectura hace varios días, la verdad su sinopsis no me llamaba la atención, comencé a leerlo para descansar mi mente de tanta lectura paranormal y erótica(es en serio) y paso lo que no creí que pasaría, me encanto.
Es un libro muy fácil de leer, que por lo menos a mí me engancho en su primer capítulo, Claire es una mujer muy valiente, a pesar de sus miedos, de sus lagrimas, de sus recuerdos, dedicada a su hija que es la locura y que me encanto, Georgia es un personaj...more
Marina Caner
Touching but I expected something nice and operative at the end...
Femke

Sheila O'Flanagan is voor mij geen nieuwe schrijfster. Ik heb al meerdere boeken van haar gelezen en helaas vielen deze wel wat tegen. Moeder gaat op stap is een boek boordevol humor, emotie en situaties die je serieus aan het denken zetten. Ik vond dit boek leuk om te lezen, maar wederom is het boek niet helemaal top.
Jaime
The cover of this book, and presumably the marketing, is deceptive. At a glance, it looks like fluffy chick-lit. It definitely is a women's interest story but it's on the more serious side of the spectrum, dealing with the aftermath of loss, many kinds of loss. It's not a dirge, by any means, but it's not a silly romp, either.
Raymond
“IT” Just did not happen. ‘How Will I Know’ felt as if the story was being told in a monotone ~ no ups or downs. Not that I was looking for gratuitous sex, murder rape or mayhem – the tale flowed along to smoothly; just a little variety (excitement) would have enhanced the readability.
Deb
Solid - not soppy - about women approaching 40 with the real type of problems that women might actually have. Like how to help a teenage daughter when you've no idea what is going on out there, how to battle the actual problems (lost jobs) that people have.
Melisa
Good fluff reading. LOVED the jag about men...the nice ones, handsome ones, etc. and how they see themselves in relation to the women who might be interested in them.
Orla Hegarty
This is the sort of book that puts the liberation of women back 100 years. It was like watching a train wreck. You can't keep your eyes off it.
Gemma
Quite nice book, if a little predictable. Sheila does have this knack of writing casually and sweetly that an everyday story becomes so charming!
Pauline
Quite enjoyed this book. Not as chick lit as I thought it would be.Will be looking out for more of hers to read.
Janine Causley
Loved it typical chick lit but has a sad background kept me turning the pages would recommend it
Sefa
Very funny and interesting book. I couldn't put it down. A bit sad in the beginning though
Lisa (scarlet21)
Bit predictable but a light and amusing read though it has a serious side.
Claire Coleman
Can't beat an easy holiday read... Sand in pages. Memories!
Alvi Harahap
Reading this book like reading my life as well :)
Gabriela
brilliant!!! I loved every page of it!!
Roisin
Brilliant!!
absolutely loved it :)
Clipsy
Enjoyed the characters and storyline.
Rhona
Easy reading, enjoyable book
Celestine Close
Celestine Close is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
Mahy Ali
Mahy Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Hoa Ho
Hoa Ho marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Helle Rysgaard
Helle Rysgaard marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • Sundowners
  • Men I've Loved Before
  • Wish Upon A Star
  • Beautiful People
As you can see, a Dubliner all my life. My parents owned a grocery shop in the Iveagh Markets, in the Liberties area of the city and I guess city blood runs through my veins.

As a child I enjoyed reading and telling stories and everyone thought that I end up in a job which had something to do with books and literature. But though I applied for a job in the library all of the job offers I got were i...more
More about Sheila O'Flanagan...
Bad Behaviour Isobel's Wedding Too Good to Be True Yours, Faithfully The Perfect Man