Start by marking “The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a YES! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  603 ratings  ·  73 reviews
From the bestselling author of The Little Red Book of Selling...

Every business winner has one thing in common: a YES! attitude that's powerful enough to help them achieve the impossible! When you've got a YES! attitude, you assume everything will start with "YES!"...and you'll find a way to "YES!" even when the first, second, and third answer you hear is "NO!"

You say y...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published January 6th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published December 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude

GoldGato
Where do you rank on the YES! scale:

A. Given an uncomfortable situation, you walk away, muttering "I pity the fool".

B. You use the situation to make yourself stronger. Like the Hulk.

C. You turn the negative into a positive. Right.

Good. Whatever your answer was, you know where this book is going to take you. Into the world of YES!

photo 16210a9a-6b0a-4bd2-870a-8931b01c98e1_zps57e21a4a.gif

I like to keep Jeff Gitomer's books on hand, as they help complete the obligatory business-self-help goals with which each organization is obsessed. They are easy to ho...more
Saleem Khashan
annoyingly all the time happy people (because of probable subtly undiagnosed mental abnormality) disturb the shit out of me with the promotion they have for books like this one. True; when you start reading you have this burst of energy telling you "be positive be happy, there is so much to be happy about". first of all, this violates my personal freedom to misery and devastation!
Be positive and everything will be well, oh yeah. So to the happy believers who think NLP is all you need to control...more
Challa Fletcher
I think the book had great points and I am trying to implement them. For the book to be so short it took a lot out if me to read it. The chapter break up I believe was to work with the authors suggest to read two pages of something positive each morning. I also understand that it wasn't a speed through book, it required reflection and thinking in order to implement it. Yet in still I grew exhausted with it some nights with only 5 very short pages read.

As for the content I would recommend readin...more
Kyle Elworthy
Use this daily to help put my life into perspective and realize how fortunate I am
Mike Sambuco
This is the first book I've read by Jeffrey Gittomer. I found him to be a straight shooting, no nonsense type of guy who tells it as he sees it. There is much to learn and absorb, and I was impressed at how much he had to offer. It was not the most easy read for me, as there is need for a lot of self-examination and reflection, which I find to be time consuming and somewhat difficult. He has some practical attitude scorecards to rate where we are currently. (I found myself in a big club of peopl...more
Nikolay Mollov
Да. Има какво да се затвърди. Хубавото е, че затвърждението остава като едно-наум-светеща лампичка - оранжева, с висока степен на позитивна нагласа, - която те кара да отвориш отново книгата, след като си я прочел.

Умишлено написана на прост-елементарен език.

Изкушавам се да споделя един скромен, но твърде важнен, критичен абзац:

"Ще кажеш сигурно: "Ама Джефри, новините са най-популярното телевизионно шоу!" Популярно е, защото тези, които го гледат, нямат ясна цел в живота или пък се чувсват нещаст...more
JP
I've heard colleagues rave about this "little book" series, but this particular selection provided nothing new for me. Moreover, I didn't care for the approach. It was a continuous diatribe repeating the same basic admonition to have a Y--! Attitude (we're not allowed to actually use the phrase without permission), supplemented only occasionally with an example or a re-interpretation of wisdom I've read elsewhere. He even re-interpreted Stephen Covey, stating that Covey had his "Seek first to un...more
Vaishali
Very inspired by Jeff's solution to reward employee mistakes with $100. What a fantastic view toward human behavior: since mistakes don't happen on purpose, taking chances should be rewarded. Wow! That's a fantastic leader. At first I was upset with its lack of language polish, but I gave this book a second chance, and I'm really impressed with some of his tactics to maintain positivity. Quite a useful book.
Maura
I really like this little book. I listened to the audio, read by the author, and he is certainly a character. His voice and pronunciations sound like Raymond (as in Everybody Loves Raymond) - he is from New Jersey, and he sounds like it :) If you want a little sass with your motivation Jeffrey Gitmore is your man. The audio is 3 CDs. The whole thing could have been boiled down to about 1.5 - 2 CDs but there is benefit to repetition. I'm considering buying the book because there are activities th...more
Kendra
Sales books about having a 'winning attitude' are annoying, or "hokey" as Jefferey puts it...and Thank God somebody said it because it needed to be addressed, and that's the only reason I even gave this book a chance. I also have seen Jefferey live, and I like his style...but it's really hard to get 10-year sales veteran like me to perk up and read about a "Yes" attitude...and I'm glad I did. It's also one of those I recommend downloading and listening to in your vehicle when you're looking at s...more
Jeremiah
I'm not usually a big fan of books about attitude (you might say that I have a bad attitude about them), but this book is different. All things being equal, a positive attitude is preferred over a negative one in all aspects of life. And what Gitomer does in this book is to try and give the reader a diagnosis of what his/her current attitude is, what are some of the "triggers" that cause a negative attitude, what negative attitude habits we have that we don't notice, and then what track can we b...more
Mylene
Listened to it some time ago, and forgot to add it to goodreads - and I cannot remember anything from it (except the difference between a positive attitude and a "yes" attitude), so I guess it doesn't deserve more than 2 stars...
Thomas Schneider
Overall a positive message, albeit a bit redundant. I like Gitomer's "no nonsense, in your face, tell it like it is" style. I will give his other books a look...
Molly
Apr 19, 2008 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs a 'tude adjustment
Recommended to Molly by: saw it on the shelves
This book was so full of Positive Attitude it almost made me want to puke...but that is the point of the whole book, to change your attitude.

It was not an easy read.

I love Gitomer's books because they are full of little nuggets of information. You can read a page waiting in line almost anywhere. They are chock full of great cartoon images to bring the point home.

He is also not above kickin' you in the pants with a verbal beating to be sure you REALLY get what he is saying.

I really enjoyed the li...more
Don Weidinger
all news negative vs do 30 min to improve self, internet negative, do you effect news or news effect you, negative news blocks creative, negative people worse thru occurrences, don’t blame change, st Francis seek to understand vs be understood, be self aware of attitude, knower vs seek to improve, appreciate always, Ayn Rand philosophy, character counts, philosophy of service to others, laughter as first medicine, develop consistency, drain brain to sleep, end happy wake happy, learn a lot by fa...more
Dave Pereira
This is one of my favourite books written by Jeffrey Gitomer.
John Bocook
Starts strong then fizzles out. It's short so that's good.
David
Surprised me, this was really pretty good.
Maryann Washington
Love this book! Finished reading it and immediately started over. Having a positive attitude is a good thing, having a YES! Attitude is life changing! I highly recommend this book for everyone.
Kimberly
The way this book was written is very interesting! You cannot get bored reading it because it's more than just plan words on each page. I orginally listened to this on audio cd first before buying the book, (which Gitomer explains why to buy the print book in his audio version) and I really enjoyed listening to Gitomer's voice. Learning to have a Yes! attitude will make all the difference in your life! Make sure that you go get your free Git Bits on his website as instructed! Awesome book!
Heath
Another good book by Gitomer that is full of fact-based tips on attitude and how your attitude can change not just the outcome of a situation but literally your life. I would recommend this but but it is still lacking the 1-2 punch that I crave. It's one thing to tell me how to do it in bullet-list format but I need some stories/case studies to show how it is applied. Par for the course - good points but not much by way of meat (lotsa sizzle but no fat).
Dra.
Oct 17, 2007 Dra. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: howto
Bagus banget buku ini, buku yang menunjukkan cara meraih kesuksesan dengan cara berpikir positif setiap waktu. Jauhi hal-hal yang negatif, misalnya jangan kebanyakan nonton berita di tv yang isinya berita bencana,perang ( negatif).
Memilih teman juga harus yang baik, teman yang bisa memberikan pengaruh positif.

Di dalam buku ini juga ada test tentang sifat kita.

Seru deh, bagus ini buku. Yang mau pinjam bisa ketemuan di Blitz tanggal 28 Oktober 2007.
Artricia Rasyid
The first book that significantly changed my paradigm about life in general. It's very applicable to both mundane and major life scenarios! Furthermore, the witty stereotyped illustrations Jeffrey used throughout the book truly helped me to achieve an in-depth understanding of the book.

I read YES! more than 3 times already. Highly recommended by me, a former nay-sayers whose life has been profoundly changed for the better. Hope yours will be too :)
Atul Nagi
Must read to cultivate Yes Attitude..
Christian Stevenson
Just a fantastic and motivating "short" read. The audio book is just over 3 hours long and as soon as I finished it the first, time I started back through it again.

I really enjoy Gitomer's style and personality. Some might say he just calls out the obvious, but frankly it's the simple things that get overlooked on a daily basis. His reminders to commit just a little bit everyday really speaks my language.
Suzanne
This is a great book to help me examine my attitude and see where I can improve. I liked this quote from p. 51, "You've been given a bag of cement and a bucket of water. You can either build a stumbling block (a concrete barrier), or a stepping stone (a bridge to wherever you want to go)." And I scanned a couple of other pages so I can refer back to them on a regular basis.
Cris
Disappointed to see the author quote himself on the first page, "At the beginning of a task, more than anything else, your attitude will affect its successful outcome." Too close without attributing William James' "It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect it’s successful outcome.” – William James
Amy
I'm going to give up on actually finishing this book...I tend to read it when I'm feeling down about business, or just need a positive shot in the arm. I am more than half way through it, but life has gotten a bit busier and crazier and I'm not sure it's going to get finished any time soon. GREAT book for positive thinking!
Terri
Nov 13, 2008 Terri rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone but especially those in sales.
While "Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude" is geared toward business, sales in particular, it has something for everyone. Keeping, not just a good attitude, but a YES! attitude will open doors that stay closed to those with a "sour puss" Gitomer says to learn from your mistakes, own them, and move on.
Amy
awsome book, explaining a simple yet very powerful way to handle difficulties and frustrations that life tends to constantly through at us and instead of fighting them this book teaches us how to accept their existence and be happy in spite of every thing because being happy is our primary birth right.
  • The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior: A Companion to the Book That Changes Lives
  • Giant Steps: Small Changes to Make a Big Difference
  • 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
  • Managing Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide
  • Self Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Self Leadership
  • Beyond Reason: Using Emotions as You Negotiate
  • Know-How: The 8 Skills That Separate People Who Perform from Those Who Don't
  • The Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force that Undermines Health & Happiness
  • 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever
  • 25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks
  • Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive: Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate, and Outnegotiate Your Competition
  • The Immortalization Commission: Science and the Strange Quest to Cheat Death
  • Tell to Win: Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story
  • The Path: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and for Life
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
AUTHOR.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. All of his books have been number one best sellers on Amazon.com, including Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless, The Patterson Principles of Selling, The Little Red Bo...more
More about Jeffrey Gitomer...
Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness: How to Make Sales Forever The Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers: 99.5 Real World Answers That Make Sense, Make Sales, and Make Money