Start by marking “The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a YES! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success” as Want to Read:

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  1,217 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
From the bestselling author of The Little Red Book of Selling...

Every business winner has one thing in common: a YES! attitude that's powerful enough to help them achieve the impossible! When you've got a YES! attitude, you assume everything will start with "YES!"...and you'll find a way to "YES!" even when the first, second, and third answer you hear is "NO!"

You say y
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published January 6th 2009 by Simon Schuster Audio (first published December 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude

GoldGato
Where do you rank on the YES! scale:

A. Given an uncomfortable situation, you walk away, muttering "I pity the fool".

B. You use the situation to make yourself stronger. Like the Hulk.

C. You turn the negative into a positive. Right.

Good. Whatever your answer was, you know where this book is going to take you. Into the world of YES!

photo 16210a9a-6b0a-4bd2-870a-8931b01c98e1_zps57e21a4a.gif

I like to keep Jeff Gitomer's books on hand, as they help complete the obligatory business-self-help goals with which each organization is obsessed. They are easy to ho
Saleem Khashan
annoyingly all the time happy people (because of probable subtly undiagnosed mental abnormality) disturb the shit out of me with the promotion they have for books like this one. True; when you start reading you have this burst of energy telling you "be positive be happy, there is so much to be happy about". first of all, this violates my personal freedom to misery and devastation!
Be positive and everything will be well, oh yeah. So to the happy believers who think NLP is all you need to control
Kyle Elworthy
Aug 15, 2012 Kyle Elworthy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Use this daily to help put my life into perspective and realize how fortunate I am
Ged Cusack
As you would expect from the title this is a book about having a positive attitude.
The difference between a standard positive attitude and the “YES” attitude in this book is that with the YES attitude you are focused and portray a perception that your answer to questions will be YES.
The book is Split into six elements of Insight to your inside attitude, attitude self awareness, attitude actions, attitude attributes, attitude achievement and attitude fulfilment.
This is a book that provides a grou
Nikolay Mollov
Apr 14, 2011 Nikolay Mollov rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Да. Има какво да се затвърди. Хубавото е, че затвърждението остава като едно-наум-светеща лампичка - оранжева, с висока степен на позитивна нагласа, - която те кара да отвориш отново книгата, след като си я прочел.

Умишлено написана на прост-елементарен език.

Изкушавам се да споделя един скромен, но твърде важнен, критичен абзац:

"Ще кажеш сигурно: "Ама Джефри, новините са най-популярното телевизионно шоу!" Популярно е, защото тези, които го гледат, нямат ясна цел в живота или пък се чувсват нещаст
Mike Sambuco
Dec 15, 2011 Mike Sambuco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Jeffrey Gittomer. I found him to be a straight shooting, no nonsense type of guy who tells it as he sees it. There is much to learn and absorb, and I was impressed at how much he had to offer. It was not the most easy read for me, as there is need for a lot of self-examination and reflection, which I find to be time consuming and somewhat difficult. He has some practical attitude scorecards to rate where we are currently. (I found myself in a big club of peopl ...more
Jim Brown
This is the 7th or 8th time I have read this book or listened to it on CD; it is that good.

Very easy to read in a short period of time. Wakens you to how important it is to be vigilant to what you think and more importantly how to think about your attitude. Gitomer points out that there are very few courses given on Attitude, maybe none. So if your attitude determines your altitude as Zig Ziglar was fond of saying, what are YOU doing about improving your attitude?

I found this book to be very go
Joshua
First, let me tell you that this is the only self-help and success book I have ever had the privilege to say was actually fun to read. We all have days were we find ourselves lacking in motivation, and this book is designed to address that reality. Gitomer's "Yes! Attitude" is an amazing resource that can truly assist the reader in adopting a mindset conducive to success in the workplace. This in an interactive text, full of salient examples, online material, and colorfully impactful power state ...more
JP
May 18, 2013 JP rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've heard colleagues rave about this "little book" series, but this particular selection provided nothing new for me. Moreover, I didn't care for the approach. It was a continuous diatribe repeating the same basic admonition to have a Y--! Attitude (we're not allowed to actually use the phrase without permission), supplemented only occasionally with an example or a re-interpretation of wisdom I've read elsewhere. He even re-interpreted Stephen Covey, stating that Covey had his "Seek first to un ...more
Challa Fletcher
I think the book had great points and I am trying to implement them. For the book to be so short it took a lot out if me to read it. The chapter break up I believe was to work with the authors suggest to read two pages of something positive each morning. I also understand that it wasn't a speed through book, it required reflection and thinking in order to implement it. Yet in still I grew exhausted with it some nights with only 5 very short pages read.

As for the content I would recommend readin
Kendra
Aug 30, 2011 Kendra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sales books about having a 'winning attitude' are annoying, or "hokey" as Jefferey puts it...and Thank God somebody said it because it needed to be addressed, and that's the only reason I even gave this book a chance. I also have seen Jefferey live, and I like his style...but it's really hard to get 10-year sales veteran like me to perk up and read about a "Yes" attitude...and I'm glad I did. It's also one of those I recommend downloading and listening to in your vehicle when you're looking at s ...more
Jeremiah
Mar 31, 2008 Jeremiah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sales
I'm not usually a big fan of books about attitude (you might say that I have a bad attitude about them), but this book is different. All things being equal, a positive attitude is preferred over a negative one in all aspects of life. And what Gitomer does in this book is to try and give the reader a diagnosis of what his/her current attitude is, what are some of the "triggers" that cause a negative attitude, what negative attitude habits we have that we don't notice, and then what track can we b ...more
Maura
I really like this little book. I listened to the audio, read by the author, and he is certainly a character. His voice and pronunciations sound like Raymond (as in Everybody Loves Raymond) - he is from New Jersey, and he sounds like it :) If you want a little sass with your motivation Jeffrey Gitmore is your man. The audio is 3 CDs. The whole thing could have been boiled down to about 1.5 - 2 CDs but there is benefit to repetition. I'm considering buying the book because there are activities th ...more
Molly
Apr 19, 2008 Molly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs a 'tude adjustment
Recommended to Molly by: saw it on the shelves
This book was so full of Positive Attitude it almost made me want to puke...but that is the point of the whole book, to change your attitude.

It was not an easy read.

I love Gitomer's books because they are full of little nuggets of information. You can read a page waiting in line almost anywhere. They are chock full of great cartoon images to bring the point home.

He is also not above kickin' you in the pants with a verbal beating to be sure you REALLY get what he is saying.

I really enjoyed the li
Waseem
Dec 11, 2014 Waseem rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although I don't mind listening to the same old regurgitated self help stuff from time to time - this wasn't great or feeling of anything groundbreaking whatsoever

The author has a straight talking direct style , which can be fine - but nothing inspiring - this "yes attitude" trademark term of his seems unnecessary - and just rehashed bits of good self help foundational principles branded has his "yes attitude"

Am not digging it... Found myself switching off from time to time

Waseem Mirza
Don Weidinger
Oct 16, 2013 Don Weidinger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
all news negative vs do 30 min to improve self, internet negative, do you effect news or news effect you, negative news blocks creative, negative people worse thru occurrences, don’t blame change, st Francis seek to understand vs be understood, be self aware of attitude, knower vs seek to improve, appreciate always, Ayn Rand philosophy, character counts, philosophy of service to others, laughter as first medicine, develop consistency, drain brain to sleep, end happy wake happy, learn a lot by fa ...more
Kimberly
The way this book was written is very interesting! You cannot get bored reading it because it's more than just plan words on each page. I orginally listened to this on audio cd first before buying the book, (which Gitomer explains why to buy the print book in his audio version) and I really enjoyed listening to Gitomer's voice. Learning to have a Yes! attitude will make all the difference in your life! Make sure that you go get your free Git Bits on his website as instructed! Awesome book!
Heath
Nov 22, 2010 Heath rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book by Gitomer that is full of fact-based tips on attitude and how your attitude can change not just the outcome of a situation but literally your life. I would recommend this but but it is still lacking the 1-2 punch that I crave. It's one thing to tell me how to do it in bullet-list format but I need some stories/case studies to show how it is applied. Par for the course - good points but not much by way of meat (lotsa sizzle but no fat).
Dra.
Oct 17, 2007 Dra. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: howto
Bagus banget buku ini, buku yang menunjukkan cara meraih kesuksesan dengan cara berpikir positif setiap waktu. Jauhi hal-hal yang negatif, misalnya jangan kebanyakan nonton berita di tv yang isinya berita bencana,perang ( negatif).
Memilih teman juga harus yang baik, teman yang bisa memberikan pengaruh positif.

Di dalam buku ini juga ada test tentang sifat kita.

Seru deh, bagus ini buku. Yang mau pinjam bisa ketemuan di Blitz tanggal 28 Oktober 2007.
Christian Stevenson
Just a fantastic and motivating "short" read. The audio book is just over 3 hours long and as soon as I finished it the first, time I started back through it again.

I really enjoy Gitomer's style and personality. Some might say he just calls out the obvious, but frankly it's the simple things that get overlooked on a daily basis. His reminders to commit just a little bit everyday really speaks my language.
Vaishali
Sep 17, 2014 Vaishali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Very inspired by Jeff's solution to reward employee mistakes with $100. What a fantastic view toward human behavior: since mistakes don't happen on purpose, taking chances should be rewarded. Wow! That's a fantastic leader. At first I was upset with its lack of language polish, but I gave this book a second chance, and I'm really impressed with some of his tactics to maintain positivity. Quite a useful book.
Artricia
Jan 26, 2011 Artricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book that significantly changed my paradigm about life in general. It's very applicable to both mundane and major life scenarios! Furthermore, the witty stereotyped illustrations Jeffrey used throughout the book truly helped me to achieve an in-depth understanding of the book.

I read YES! more than 3 times already. Highly recommended by me, a former nay-sayers whose life has been profoundly changed for the better. Hope yours will be too :)
Amy
Oct 25, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awsome book, explaining a simple yet very powerful way to handle difficulties and frustrations that life tends to constantly through at us and instead of fighting them this book teaches us how to accept their existence and be happy in spite of every thing because being happy is our primary birth right.
Amy
Aug 10, 2009 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
I'm going to give up on actually finishing this book...I tend to read it when I'm feeling down about business, or just need a positive shot in the arm. I am more than half way through it, but life has gotten a bit busier and crazier and I'm not sure it's going to get finished any time soon. GREAT book for positive thinking!
Cris
Jun 09, 2008 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed to see the author quote himself on the first page, "At the beginning of a task, more than anything else, your attitude will affect its successful outcome." Too close without attributing William James' "It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect it’s successful outcome.” – William James
Terri
Nov 13, 2008 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone but especially those in sales.
While "Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude" is geared toward business, sales in particular, it has something for everyone. Keeping, not just a good attitude, but a YES! attitude will open doors that stay closed to those with a "sour puss" Gitomer says to learn from your mistakes, own them, and move on.
Suzanne
Jun 14, 2013 Suzanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a great book to help me examine my attitude and see where I can improve. I liked this quote from p. 51, "You've been given a bag of cement and a bucket of water. You can either build a stumbling block (a concrete barrier), or a stepping stone (a bridge to wherever you want to go)." And I scanned a couple of other pages so I can refer back to them on a regular basis.
Mylene
May 21, 2014 Mylene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Listened to it some time ago, and forgot to add it to goodreads - and I cannot remember anything from it (except the difference between a positive attitude and a "yes" attitude), so I guess it doesn't deserve more than 2 stars...
Jared Fontaine
Aug 17, 2010 Jared Fontaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book! This is a must read for everyone! I am going to read this book once a month for the entire year so that I can get the lessons over and over! It is much better to live in a YES! Additude!!
Mohsen
Feb 09, 2011 Mohsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book as an audio narrated by the author. "50% of success depend on attitude, so how come you didn't get training on it" - the author. totally agree with him and I like the practices to maintain the PMA.

Recommmended.
  • 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • Building Mental Muscle: Conditioning Exercises for the Six Intelligence Zones
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business  (From the author of 'How to Win Friends & Influence People')
  • Managing Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide
  • Seven Years to Seven Figures: The Fast-Track Plan to Becoming a Millionaire
  • Create Your Own Future: How to Master the 12 Critical Factors of Unlimited Success
  • Change Your Life in 30 Days: A Journey to Finding Your True Self
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
  • Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities
  • Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior: A Companion to the Book That Changes Lives
  • What Clients Love: A Field Guide to Growing Your Business
  • The Velveteen Principles: A Guide to Becoming Real; Hidden Wisdom from a Children's Classic
  • Do It!: Let's Get Off Our Buts
  • The Time Trap
  • Read and Get Rich: How the Hidden Power of Reading Can Make You Richer in All Areas of Your Life
  • Surviving Your Serengeti: 7 Skills to Master Business and Life: A Fable of Self-Discovery
  • It's Not My Fault: The No-Excuses Plan for Overcoming the Effects of People, Circumstances or DNA and Enjoying God's Best
AUTHOR.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. All of his books have been number one best sellers on Amazon.com, including Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless, The Patterson Principles of Selling, The Little Red Bo
More about Jeffrey Gitomer...

“What is a positive attitude? The simple definition is the way you dedicate yourself to the way you think. Interestingly, it's also the definition of a negative attitude.” 1 likes
“SALES ASSESSMENT ONLINE. The world's first customized sales assessment, renamed a "successment," will judge your selling skill level in 12 critical areas of sales knowledge and give you a diagnostic report that includes fifty mini sales lessons. This amazing tool will rate your sales abilities and explain your opportunities for sales growth. This program is aptly named KnowSuccess because you can't know success until you know yourself.” 1 likes