Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 7: The Truth (20th Century Boys, #7)” as Want to Read:
Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 7: The Truth (20th Century Boys, #7)

Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 7: The Truth (20th Century Boys #7)

4.47  ·  Rating Details ·  1,165 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
This is the story of a group of boys who try to save the world!; As boys, Kenji and his friends came up with a bunch of stories about an evil organization bent on world destruction. As adults, someone is now turning their fantasies into reality!

Published February 16th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published October 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 7

Anthony Chavez
Jul 28, 2012 Anthony Chavez rated it it was amazing
Really liking where this story is going. I can possibly see this series surpassing Monster in greatness.

We finally get more answers to the Bloody New Year's Ever; however, the story isn't completely told as to what happened. This volume ended on a cliffhanger on that story line, but it was great to see the original gang more then the previous volume. The time jumps in storytelling are seamless and never confusing, Urasawa seems to have mastered the craft.

I wanna know what happened to the robot!
Brad
Apr 13, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sci-fi
So, prison breaks and school reports. I can see how much the two have in common, and I'm immensely relieved that we can get a little history.

But oh my god, what has god been up to in space? This manga still manages to fascinate and have me sit on the edge of my seat.
Vold Kira
Feb 02, 2016 Vold Kira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡¡Finalmente más historia de la Sangrienta víspera de año nuevo!! <3
John Wiswell
Oct 20, 2014 John Wiswell rated it liked it
An unfortunately shaped book. This tells chunks of three stories, none of which get to end before the volume runs out of page space, which is particularly annoying at the end as it robs us of finally finding out what happened to Keiji. You see, a slacker student does a history paper on the awful New Years Eve that this series used to be about, and by an obnoxious path eventually finds a surviving cast member who relays part of the story. That story is touching, particularly in how two minor char ...more
নাজমুল হাসান
We get a glimpse at the events unfolding on the fated last day of 20th Century. And how the 20th Century Boys fought with their all to stop the world from being destroyed. The volume ends with a cliffhanger, even though we know they failed miserably. On the other hand, in present time Kanna is being chased and Shogun escaped from prison to save their last hope. The plot twist of how the destroyer becomes the savior- we can relate to that in real life also. There are quite a few examples like tha ...more
Jesus Flores
Oct 15, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
20 century 7
After Osho escapes the island he begins to tell the manga artist that escaped with him about the past, when the world fair was in Japan
On another part, a girl at school ends up doing a homework assignment on the events of New years and Kenji’s group, she meets the old man called god.
Between the two flashback, we see the beginning of what happened that time, when Kenji and friends went to stop the giant robot.
It’s a nice good first part of telling the events of that night, wanting to
Mikael Kuoppala
May 28, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it
The fifth volume of the "20th Century Boys" saga surprised us by offering what would have intuitively been the ultimate destination of the saga; the beginning of the final conflict between the Friend cult and our gang of protagonists. Then it surprised us again by suddenly moving the story years into the future, leaving the occurrences of the fateful confrontation- Bloody New Year's Eve- in the dark. Now, two volumes later, Naoki Urasawa finally takes us back to the night that changed the world. ...more
Norman Cook
Jan 27, 2015 Norman Cook rated it it was amazing
This volume begins to tell the details of Bloody New Year's Eve from two different perspectives. The story in school textbooks turns out to be propaganda (I'm shocked!). The "Truth" involves a giant robot storming through Tokyo while Kenji and his buddies confront the men who control it. But what secret does the robot hold?
Tar (Smoke)
Mar 21, 2014 Tar (Smoke) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Esta saga sólo mejora mejora y mejora. Es repetirme decir esto pero de verdad es una joya.

Los personajes son todos muy carismáticos, la historia avanza muy muy rápido y para mi gusto nada le sobra a 20th century boys.
William Hanley
Mar 11, 2014 William Hanley rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Of all the volumes that I've read so far, I think volume 7 sums up the series best.
Fadheelah alrasheed
Nov 20, 2015 Fadheelah alrasheed rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
the arc of this chapter deemed to be very childish
Abel
Nov 20, 2015 Abel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Se me enredó un poco la historia, pero sigue buena
Seno
Jun 14, 2016 Babs Grr marked it as to-read
FALSE
Max
Oct 07, 2014 Max rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Хичкок нервно курит в сторонке
Abeer Sultan
Jul 15, 2015 Abeer Sultan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danielle
Jan 16, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing
More answers about Bloody New Year's Eve, more heroics from Kenji and the gang. I love the snapshots of the gang as children, and the story of the Expo is great. Donkey, Kenji and Otcho are just such terrific characters. Go jailbreak!

Reread Jan 2015.
J.
Mar 02, 2010 J. rated it liked it
Better than volume 6 in that it has more to do with the primary plot of stopping the robot. I'm still not wild about telling it all through flashbacks, but I'm assuming that will pay off. The art is still superb, though.
Stephen
Oct 16, 2011 Stephen rated it it was amazing
Good volume - the different timelines converge in really fun and interesting ways, and the plot continues to develop. A genuine atmosphere of menace. Good stuff.

Durning Library - last due date 14/06/2011
Trey Jackson
Aug 24, 2011 Trey Jackson rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, comics, manga
FINALLY shifts the narrative back to some characters I'd been wondering about, which was nice. Otherwise, still really solid storytelling.
Laurelyn Anne
Apr 13, 2016 Laurelyn Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
Almost third of the way through! Long form, suspenseful, well crafted (even the subplots!) tragedy big and small in this volume.
Dave
Jul 26, 2012 Dave rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
The story gets back on track as what happened at the big showdown is finally revealed. (Not in one volume, of course).
Jamil
Mar 17, 2010 Jamil rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, manga, urasawa
a bit like LOST in that when you finally begin to get some answers, mysteries pile upon mysteries...
Dru
Sep 12, 2013 Dru rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-graphic-novel
About halfway through two different characters begin to tell what happened on Dec 31, 1999.
Snow
Mar 07, 2010 Snow rated it it was amazing
reviewing for Graphic Novel Reporter
Gigi
he knows it will end In death, so he plays rock music; kickass!
Adam
Mar 13, 2010 Adam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
Glad to finally get some answers. Really liked this one.
Nia
Jan 28, 2009 Nia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sold, komik, urasawa-naoki
Lagu rock tahun 70-an itu berjudul "20th Century Boys"....
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Planetes, Volume 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 5 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2
  • Adolf : A Tale of the Twentieth Century
  • Vagabond, Volume 4
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Blame!, Vol. 7
  • A Distant Neighborhood, Vol. 2
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)