Start by marking “Letters to a Love Rat” as Want to Read:
Letters to a Love Rat

Letters to a Love Rat

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  26 reviews
What do you do when the love of your life turns out to be a good-for-nothing love rat?

a)Pour your heart out to him in private letters that he'll never see. (Secretly you think it's a big fat waste of time but your therapist says it's the prefect way to express your inner rage and who are you to argue with science?)

b)Pretend it's not happening and carry on? (The pressure to
Published October 27th 2009 by Penguin Ireland (first published May 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Letters to a Love Rat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to a Love Rat

I've Got Your Number by Sophie KinsellaSleeping with Santa by Debra DruzyA Girl Like You by Gemma BurgessTwenties Girl by Sophie KinsellaGirl On The Run by Jane Costello
Books to adore
39th out of 47 books — 25 voters
Whose Life Is It Anyway? by Sinéad MoriartyMe and My Sisters by Sinéad MoriartyCoco's Secret by Niamh GreeneThis Child of Mine by Sinéad MoriartyThis Child of Mine by Sinéad Moriarty
One I Wrote Earlier
16th out of 16 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Leah
Molly, Eve and Julie all have one thing in common: a man named Charlie. Molly has just married Charlie and is shocked and stunned when, after just coming back from their honeymoon, Charlie ups and leaves by leaving a note saying that she needs to put the recycling out, but also, that he’s leaving her. Eve has never gotten over Charlie and believed he was the love of her life until the day she caught him in bed with someone else. Her therapist now has her writing letters to Charlie. Letters she w ...more
Gina
I found this book to be so much of a struggle that I couldn't even finish it. I felt empathy with Molly's character after being dumped by her husband Charlie although it seems she was still hung up on her ex David & wasn't as into Charlie as she seemed so why did she marry him?
I felt annoyance at Eve's character - it's been 2yrs since Charlie not only cheated on you but then left you, move on already! He's clearly not worth it!
Julie's character wasn't that likeable & the fact that she'
Ashley Ismynickname
I'd give it a 2.5 actually. It was a good book but waay to many characters and they are all connected in some weird way, more than just Charlie. To sum up --- Spoiler alert --- If you guys are waiting for all 3 girls to confront each other and figure it all out then u r wrong. They won't. And Molly's ending was too dramatic and desperate =P I actually face palmed myself reading this ----
Amy Jones
It was entertainin; an easy read from three women's points of view that could either appeal to you or not. If you're the type of woman that has pms then read this, you will love it and it's witty humour from the author; if not then read another one of her books, because I'm sure she'll apply her wit and light hearted fun in others of her collection.
I read this on holiday about 2 years ago if not more, it was entertaining and kept me busy for a few days. It's short so won't be a commitment read,
Steph Dinning
A good enjoyable read that was made all the better for the different way each women's story was told...Eve's told through letters to Charlie, Julie's through a blog about Charlie and Molly through the actual telling of the story just after she married Charlie.
I liked Molly whereas I had no liking for Julie and Eve just needed to get her confidence back again before she could see what was staring her in the face.
It was all quite predictable but it's the drama in between that was entertaining.
Char
Leenna Naidoo
In brief:
It's been a little while since I've read a good fun chick-lit novel like this. I'm a fan of Meg Cabot and Niamh Greene produces a crazy, gossipy, humor-filled read; which still manages to leave you with a satisfied sigh that all is right with the world after all.
Letters To A Love Rat had me amused, thoughtful and shaking my head (both ways).
While Letters To A Love Rat may have Molly, Julie and Eve lying to themselves and to everyone else, they are never mean girls who veer into pure ev
Lizzy Attwood
Niamh Greene is one of my favorite authors, she is witty and her stories all seem to have a good moral and a happy ending, in this book it links three main characters to the one "Love Rat" and it shows how different these women are from each other, even through having this one man in common. Truly a great read light and funny
Sabrina
Wow, this is a confusing book! You really have to concentrate on even the tiniest bits! I mean.. there are three women talking about their lives and the people they meet and in the end you see that they're all connected - not only by Charlie. Loved that!
Barbara Elsborg
Sorry, I didn't like it. The format sounded interesting, women all connected with the same guy telling their stories about a man who clearly is a rat. But that was part of the problem for me. Why on earth did they fall for him? We were never shown the lovely Charlie so it was hard to sympathise with the women, some of whom were far more interesting than others. I'm sure many will like it but it wasn't for me.
Cathie
Made it to ten pages in decided not to bother with the rest. Really dislike books that are made up of so little story and are comprised of email etc. Was willing to consider continuing until I got to a blog post and its comments everything all mashed together an difficult to follow properly.
Siobhan Johnson
It was a ok book but to many characters and it drags on a bit and quite predictable. You'll need to be a patient reader to enjoy this book.
Kelly Spillane
I absolutely loved this book. It had me laughing from start to finish. I also found that it was an easy book to read and hugely enjoyable! A must read if you need cheering up on a bad day :)
Rosie
I really enjoyed the book in the end, although it did take a while for me to get into it. As I said Molly was my favourite character and I loved reading her story and even teared up a little at the end. I really felt sorry for Eve but that was it for that character, I wasn't rushing to read her letters. Julie (and the people reading her blog) gave me the most laughs in the book however I felt that she was quite self centered and I was glad she saw sense in the end.

All in all the book was good b
Chay
To understand the essence of this book you have to read the whole thing... it does drag on a bit and is quite predictable but there is a life lesson that only really comes to light at the end of the book which made me look at my past a bit differently. . . you will need to be a patient reader to enjoy this book
Suzuki
Sep 01, 2013 Suzuki rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
The lives of three women are linked because of one guy. Easy/light read. A little confusing at first trying to establish who was who but overall, good read. Really enjoyed the interaction and close encounters of both major and minor characters.
Ainsina hardy
Letters to a love rat doesn't have the same raw humour that the Demented Housewives series does, but it's still a good read as the format is quite quirky. I also like the idea of hearing from the other woman and the wife!
Aileen
This book is about 3 women with 1 man in common; I found the book quite
funny at times a good read.

Frances Bell
hmmm - ok I suppose. When will I realise that the blurb that says it's hilarious is just a sales gimmick???
Aimee
A light, chick lit novel - easy to dip into and an easy read but no real depth or variety
Emmalene

Was an easy to read book, quite liked the different girls telling their story.
Chrissi
This book was okay, easy read and funny in places.
Beth Lloyd
Not exciting, ended up skipping past the quiz bits
The Casual Librarian
Cute but predictable.
Jeanette
very funny. an easy read.
Danielle
another good book
Paula Evans
Paula Evans marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Hannah Davies
Hannah Davies marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Hello Heartbreak
  • Thick and Thin
  • Keeping It In The Family
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • The Accidental Proposal (Ed & Dan, #3)
  • Recipe for Disaster
  • We Need To Talk About Ross: A True History Of The Ocarroll Kelly Gang
  • Suddenly Single
  • Love Is the Easy Bit
  • Not Untrue And Not Unkind
  • Where Have All the Boys Gone?
  • The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder
Secret Diary Of A Demented Housewife Coco's Secret Rules for a Perfect Life A Message to Your Heart Confessions Of A Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year