Start by marking “Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways #1)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  38,180 ratings  ·  1,373 reviews
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.

Wealthy beyond most men’s dreams, Cam has tire
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2007)

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenOutlander by Diana GabaldonDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëGone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Favorite Historical Romance Novels
18th out of 2,455 books — 4,530 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardThe Duke and I by Julia QuinnSecrets of a Summer Night by Lisa KleypasMine Till Midnight by Lisa KleypasOutlander by Diana Gabaldon
Best Romance Series
4th out of 823 books — 1,342 voters

More lists with this book...

Someone sprinkled crack onto the pages of this series. I have no other explanation for what is happening to me right now.

I know you're probably expecting a review. And I'd love to write one. But the next book is staring up at me, whispering things.

"Come on, Navessa. Just one more hit..."
Sep 15, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of LK's Wallflowers series; historical romance fans
Can The Hathaways series compete with Lisa Kleypas's fantastic Wallflowers series? Well I had my doubts, but if the first book, the wonderful Mine Till Midnight, is any indication of how this series will play out, my answer is a resounding Yes!

This book just flew by for me--I never once wanted to put it down! I loved the Hathaway family, with all their eccentricities, although (other than young Beatrix with her love for critters and her 'sticky fingers', and of course eldest sibling Leo with his
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

There’s something just so special about a historical romance done the Lisa Kleypas way. Light, yet with substance. So much sexual passion and yet such tender love. Her books are always a delightful escape and her heroes are always so sigh-worthy.

This is a touching story about a tight knit, albeit quirky, family consisting of four sisters, Amelia, Win, Poppy, and Beatrix; their one brother, Leo, and Merripen, who as a young boy was wounded and left for dead following a Gypsy hunt. He was brought
5+ stars – Historical Romance

It simply doesn’t get any better than Lisa Kleypas. I loved the Wallflowers series, and I’ve been looking forward to Cam’s story, ever since he so completely captivated me in Devil in Winter. Instead of flying through this lightning fast like I did with the Wallflower books, I took my time and savored it, which was well worth it because Cam Rohan is like the finest, rarest dark chocolate.....exotically decadent and sinfully delicious!

Mine Till Midnight is a beautiful
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I hadn't read any Kleypas for a while when I started reading this book. It reminded me of how effective and seductive Kleypas is as a writer. She really does write a beautiful love story. Her stories are dreamy and elegant, full of imagery that draws me into the story and out of my everyday existence. She really is a wordsmith to this reader.

I know a lot of fans were unhappy that Cam was not paired with Daisy, but I have no regrets. Cam and Amelia were meant to be together. Cam was searching for
Kat Stark
Nov 23, 2015 Kat Stark rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kat Stark by: Navessa
Shelves: romance, others, reviewed

Second Book: Seduce me at Sunrise
Third Book: Tempt me at Twilight
Fourth Book: Married by Morning
Fifth Book: Love in the Afternoon

Ahh! I absolutely loved this novel!

So, it was a rough start off. In the beginning I was so worried that there would be insta-love. THERE IS NOT LADIES AND GENTLEMAN. There is insta-attraction (but at least that's more believable). The female MC isn't going coocoocachoo over the guy either. She just thinks, "oh, he looks good" and that's it. There's no gawking or sw
NiCoLeTa E.
The Hathaways are a strange and eccentric bounce...
Why bounce??? This family consist from four sisters and one brother...
And every single one of them is eccentric, with their own problems and you need a lot of courage to be a part of this family...
But i can not talk to you about all of them because each one of them has his/hers own book, so you have to wait about the others...

In this book, we will talk about Amelia Hathaway, the older from the sisters...

After the lost of their parents, Amelia to
When I started reading Teresa Medeiros’ romance novels, I started to really get into romance novels. I finally heard about another romance author and her name was Lisa Kleypas! “Mine Till Midnight” is the first book I have read from Lisa Kleypas and it is also the first book of the Hathaway family series. If you have not read a romance novel full of sexual tension, drama and mystery, “Mine Till Midnight” is definitely a romance novel that is worth checking out!

The Hathaway family (Leo, Amelia, W
Shona aka ღ❤️ Pandora's Pandemonian Bookwhore ❤️ღ

Looks like its finally time to read this one out and add it to my favs shelf....

Oh! the burdens The Shona must bear!!! Bemoan ye my fates!!!!

Played you guys,didn't I!?!?!!!! :-D
(stop rolling your eyes...its "improper")

Where were I!?!?!?!!???

Oh yeah! I was going to say how excited I was to get my hands on this fab book!!! :-D

ummmm..... why don't I just show you instead.....

And YES,this book IS completely deserving of a top-notch position in best HR nov
I loved Cam Roham since his first appearance in 'Devil in Winter', so I was more than thrilled when Kleypas made him the 1st hero in her new Hathaway series. Unfortunately, his story didnt live up to my expectations. Dont get me wrong, Cam was still as interesting as ever in 'Mine Till Midnight', but little else was up to par. :(

Where do I begin? Well, lets take Amelia Hathaway, Cams heroine. She was nice enough, but I just didnt feel her "connection" with Cam. I got the feeling that she was mor
Updated review after re-read 5/3/15. Bumped up to 4.5 stars!

"I find you thoroughly, deeply interesting. I want to open you like a book and read every page." A smile curled the corners of his lips ad he added huskily, "Footnotes included".

Cam Rohan is the most wonderful hero of all times. Cam Rohan is protective, sweet, strong, wicked, charming, hot and everything you could ever wish for in a hero. He is mystic in the best sense of the word.

"You're like someone from a fairy story written in a la
Coming from different walks of life Amelia Hathaway and Cam Rohan couldn't be more different then day and night, but just click together like two puzzles pieces making a whole.
Amelia comes from a family of so called misfits and as the oldest female has taken the role of protector of her family's welfare at the risk of danger and the occasional headache. Coming into a recent wealth and a title for her bother to boot. Amelia and her family are thrust into a well to do society one that they have
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

What's this strange feeling that's warming me up from the inside and making me feel dizzy with joy? *looks around the room, bewildered*

But yes! It's the sweet, lovely, sexy, thrilling, incredible Historical Romance expressing all its potentiality! It's been ages since I've felt this way and almost didn't recognize it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dear GR friends and members of this community in general, please meet Cam, the biggest HR, period movies and TV series, and history enthusiast on the planet. She's watched the Siss
Rating: 4.5 / 5

If I'd noticed back when this book came out that it was about Cam Rohan from the Wallflowers series (I think he was just in one book...), I would have read it much sooner! Cam was such an intriguing character when Kleypas gave us a peak at him before. I was actually rather disappointed that he didn't end up with Daisy. But I'm glad Kleypas brought Cam back and let us see more of him. I ended up liking him even more!

The heroine of Mine Till Midnight is a "spinster" named Amelia Hat
Yz the Whyz
My first Lisa Kleypas book, and I had some pretty high expectations considering that she is highly regarded by most of my GR friends. To my delight, they were quite right.

Mine Till Midnight was a quick, highly-readable, story. We get to meet the quirky, eccentric Hathaway family, lead by the highly-responsible Amelia. As she struggles to keep everybody in check, including a self-destructive brother, her path crosses with Cam Rohan. Cam, a man torn between two worlds, is enraptured by Amelia's ch
Jul 13, 2010 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All fans of historical romance with incendiary leading men
5++ Stars
*All Time Favorite Book List*

If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. I honestly haven't enjoyed a book this much in AGES. Cam Rohan is now firmly planted very close to the top of my list of all time favorite leading men.

The chemistry between Cam & Amelia is just breathtaking. I have always been a sucker for an Alpha male, and Cam is about as Alpha as they come. When he finally sets his mind to having Amelia, he won't let anyone or anything stand in his way. He's fierce, compell
Aug 26, 2008 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who like an exotic hero
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Mine Till Midnight is a novel that completely took me by surprise. Although its cover just screams "bodice ripper," don't let that fool you. In reality, Lisa Kleypas' first Hathaways novel is a story of tender relationships, growing family, and understanding love. It's a novel that defies most of the typical norms set on historical fiction, instead taking a less-trodden path and succeeding all the more for it. While you would expect plenty of sensual encounters, dashing dukes,
I don't think I can say it enough: Lisa Kleypas is AMAZING.

I wasn't sure what to expect at first with this book. I definitely didn't expect a ghost incorporated into the story. It sounds weird right? And though, while at first I didn't like the direction of that plot twist, it suddenly became an intricate part of the whole story making it much more mystical.

But what really sold this was Cam Rohan. He was sublime. He was the alpha with the quiet disposition that could challenge the most rigorous
Krishna *needs a pink katana*
Why Cam, why? I had such hopes for you. I was hoping you would be dashing, rakish and set my blood on fire. Instead I get a bunch of apiary related scenes and a horse tattoo.

I like learning things while reading stories, even light hearted fluff like HR. But I do not like info dumps. I found the book extremely didactic at some points, especially where Gypsy heritage is involved.

Amelia was ok, but methinks the lady doth protest too much, especially about the ring.

Lisa Kay
Pooka at Midnight

(This is a review of the audiobook.)
It was pure pleasure to return to the first in Lisa KleypasHathaways series and the wonderful Rosalyn Landor, the narrator, brought it to life all over again. She does an excellent job of discerning these unforgettable characters’ voices with their multiple accents and distinct personalities. She helped me remember why this quirky family tugged on my heart strings the first time around. You can hear Cam and Amelia discover a tender, lasting
Oct 01, 2010 AH rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Have you ever finished reading a novel and just sat there and sighed? Did you ever feel sad that the book was finished? Sad, yet happy, at the same time? A goofy smile on your face? Mine Till Midnight left me feeling like that. What a thoroughly enjoyable book.

I had never read anything by Lisa Kleypas before, but I was assured that I was in for a treat. The book is like a festival for the senses. I literally did not put it down. The reader is transported to England in the mid 19th century. I was
Mmmm... can I have a Cam of my own? *wink*

What a delightful book! I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Cam and Amelia.

Amelia wants only to care about her "strange" family: her young sisters, her other sister, closer to her age, who's still slowly recovering from her illness and her brother who's wasting away and who wants to join his dead fiance. A heavy burden...

Cam, a half Rom forced by circumstances to live as Gadje. He's charming, sensual and burden by a "good luck curse"!

Cam wants Amelia sinc

What a great read!
Really, I have to admit that I have no excuse for not having read sooner HR by Lisa Kleypas! It was a book that I enjoyed very much and left me wanting more!

Amelia is a young woman with too many responsibilities in her life. After the death of her parents, she must take care her brother and sisters. The tragedies hit hard the family and she's the only one who thinks practical. Until she meets Cam Rohan. Then everything changes in her life...

I liked Amelia a lot! She's a survivo
Αν μου έλεγε κάποιος πως μια μέρα θα διάβασα το "Δική του τα μεσάνυχτα" και ότι θα μου αρέσε κιόλας αποκλείεται να το πίστευα.Ποτέ μην λες ποτέ όμως μιας και πηγαίνοντας σε τοπικό σουπερμαρκετ μια δύο φορές ήταν ικανές για να με πείσουν να πάρω από το ράφι το τσαλακωμένο και κατασκονισμένο αντίτυπο.Για να το ξεκαθαρίσω η ένσταση μου πως στο συγκεκριμένο βιβλίο δεν έχει να κάνει με το γεγονός πως πρόκειται για άρλεκιν(αν και στο εξωτερικό χαρακτηρίζεται ως ρομαντικό ιστορικό μυθιστόρημα) αλλά με ...more
Four years have passed since I first read this novel. A novel that I had as one of my all time favourites.
As such, I was a little scared that a re-read would destroy the happy memories I had of this book..but fear not _lol _ this was more than apt to pass the re-read _and age _ test! *yes, lots of exclamation points. It deserves it!*
I just love Amelia and Cam together. I do!
They're so cute and hot...and hot...
I would like to be able to write a somewhat rational review about it, but I can't
Kim  *Mo Chridhe*
I've never read a Lisa Kleypas book. *gasp* this needs to be rectified soon.
This is probably the first romance I've read in which the hero doesn't come with an impressive title.
Fear not though! Swarthy gypsy Cam Rohan has plenty of money and with the countenance of an exotic angel, a face that has definitely been created for sin, the brooding mouth of a fallen angel, the angular jaw and golden-hazel tiger eyes shaded by long straight lashes you still get your money's worth.

So Cam, what do you look like?
Hmm probably not...

An Indian gypsy: if those aren't romance novel e
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • In Bed with the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #1)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Unveiled (Turner, #1)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas...

The Hathaways (5 books)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)

“The question, love, is whether you want me enough to take the risk.” 208 likes
“...whether he stayed or left, whether they walked the same path or not. They could live on opposite sides of the world, and she would still be his.” 100 likes