Start by marking “Tom Strong: Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Tom Strong: Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2

Tom Strong: Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Comics legend Alan Moore, the writer of WATCHMEN and V FOR VENDETTA, introduces readers to the foremost science hero Tom Strong in this deluxe hardcover edition of the popular series illustrated by Chris Sprouse. His remarkable exploits over a nearly century-long career feature an amazing supporting cast of characters that include his wife Dhalua (the daughter of a mighty ...more
Published April 20th 2010 by WildStorm

To ask other readers questions about Tom Strong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tom Strong

Kyle Burley
Alan Moore's last truly mainstream comic book work is a love-letter to golden age pulp-fiction. Titular character Tom Strong is an old-fashioned square-jawed hero who combines elements of Doc Savage, Flash Gordon and the earliest versions of Superman. Great supporting cast includes Tom's wife Dhalua, daughter Tesla, robot butler Pnueman, and King Solomon, a talking gorilla with a very proper English accent. A smart, fun look back at the earliest days of comic books and American genre fiction.
A n
Daniel
A very entertaining mix of scientific super heroes, pulp stories, golden and silver age comics written brilliantly. Lots of experimentation with flashbacks, histories inside histories, non-linear story telling. Incredible setting. I have read it twice and I always go back to it when I want to feel good. At the end of the day, probably the happiest work of Alan Moore, yet probably one of his best Volume 1 is considerably light toned than volume 2, yet overall spectacular.
Federiken Masters
Mar 09, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans del autor y la serie.
Recommended to Federiken by: Fanatismo
En su momento leí los capítulos que componen este tomo entre revistas sueltas españolas y estadounidenses. No sé si habrá alguna edición deluxe en castellano (tampoco sé hasta cuándo podrán conseguirse los tomos de Norma, ni si después de ellos los reeditará ECC), pero si alguna vez aparece seguro switchee a esa por los motivos de siempre. Los capítulos de este tomo no me gustaron tanto como los del primero, pero tampoco aflojan tanto como para bajarle el puntaje. ...more
Jamie
I am finally getting around to Alan Moore's America's Best Comics series (I already have Top Ten and Promethea under my belt from years back). This is a very different comics than your normal Alan Moore affair.

The thing that I enjoyed most about it is that it's clear, like Oscar Wilde before him and like Stephen Fry, Alan Moore loves language and he loves what can be done with it.
David
Tons of fun, like the first volume, but having gotten used to the leaps of imagination and charming/goofy science in Tom Strong's world, it didn't bring too much more to the table. If you liked the first, it's still good here, and if you like science fiction and imaginative adventure stories, have at it. But I wouldn't expect anything life-changing.
Ed van der Winden
As always, mr. Moore produces excellent comics. Tom Strong is as much a comment on the super-hero comic as it is a super-hero comic itself. Full of wonderful ideas, a fun read!
Heine
I love these deluxe Tom Strong collections, I really do. Pulp and comic stereotypes lovingly stirred into a new and fresh stew. This may be America's Best Comics.
Aaron
A fantastic Golden Age style story told through modern devices. Incredibly fun read.
Christian
Brilliant, beautiful edition of a sort-of classic.
Isaac Lugalia
Aug 09, 2013 Isaac Lugalia is currently reading it
GREAT!!
Clint
Clint marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Alistair
Alistair marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Travis Heller
Travis Heller marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Jae Hong
Jae Hong marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Alan Moore is an English writer most famous for his influential work in comics, including the acclaimed graphic novels Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egypt
More about Alan Moore...
Watchmen V for Vendetta Batman: The Killing Joke The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1 From Hell