Deadpool: Suicide Kings

Deadpool: Suicide Kings

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  814 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Deadpool's latest job has gotten him into a world of trouble. Everyone wants a piece of him - and for a crime he didn't commit That's right: Someone's framed Deadpool, and it just might be the same guy who hired him in the first place, a guy who just might be using the mouthy merc as a wild card in a twisted wager. If Wade's going to clear his name and serve up some reveng...more
Published October 14th 2009 by Marvel (first published 2009)

Eòsaph
What can I say? Deadpool is friggin awesome. Buy everything with him in it :-)
Mirco Parisi
Ho dato 5 stelle a " Deadpool: I re del suicidio " per mille motivi: perchè ha dei disegni pazzeschi, contenuti molto violenti, solite gag demenziali, perchè ci sono i miei personaggi preferiti (Deadpool, il Punitore,Devil,l'Uomo Ragno) e dulcis in fundo perchè dopo mesi di ricerche online, sono finalmente riuscito ad averla!

Procediamo con ordine: Deadpool riceve da un ragazzo l'incarico per una missione da un milione di dollari, incarico che si rivelerà essere una trappola! Finirà così braccat...more
Brenda
I read blogs. Sometimes a person's style will strike a cord with me. Now one particular blog I once watched occasionally would have a love fest on the comic book hero Deadpool. I asked them what would be a good book to start if you were unfamiliar with Deadpool. They suggested this book.

Now this is a graphic novel. It has two Deadpool stories in it. The first one is my favorite. It has better art and the story is better. I enjoy the banter. It's villain is Tombstone,an excellent baddie in this t...more
zxvasdf
This is by far the most gratuitously violent Deadpool story arc to date. Don't get me wrong. There is always violence in Deadpool stories, but in Suicide Kings, it is much more visceral at a level that seems needless. It destroys the image of Deadpool as a cuddly mercenary maniac that warm the cockles of our hearts. Perhaps it is because it features the Punisher, well known for his extreme ultra-violence.

In converse, the usually humorless Punisher takes on an element of comedy in Suicide Kings....more
Lillian Hong
One of the best Deadpool books I've read. It had everything that makes Deadpool what he is: conversations with his voices, snarky and witty dialouge, fourth-wall breaking, Pool-O-Vision, and just enough blood and gore to remind that this is a Marvel comic book you're reading. There will be no happy fairies granting wishes here, people.
Also, Deadpool wasn't the only funny guy in the book; there was the Punisher, Daredevil, and - YAY - Spider-Man. Personally, I like the scenes with Deadpool and Sp...more
Anthony
Deadpool: Suicide Kings - So so book, has a lot of the big names
(Spidey, Daredevil, Punisher) but I'm just not sure what they were doing
there...I didn't see any real reason for them to be involved. The story
is pretty simple and nothing special. Bratty rich kid gets himself in debt with the wrong guy, Tombstone...now with a name like that you better be tough, because you'll never see a real REAL bad guy named "Zachary", It's just got no "EVIL" to it...and that's a good thing, right Zack?...Gulp....more
Gavin
Third time's a charm. This was my third (and possibly final) attempt to read a Deadpool book, because I always figured the combo of brutal violence and sarcastic 4th wall humour would be my kinda thing. Sadly, the first 2 tries turned me off quite a bit.
I'm happy to say that Mike Benson's 5 issue series was exactly what I hoped Deadpool would be. There's laugh out loud jokes, snicker jokes, and a ton of insane violence.
It also helps that Deadpool is framed for a crime, and the Punisher comes aft...more
steven
This might be the first complete story arc I've ever read with Deadpool. I've always liked his shattering of the fourth wall, his witticisms, his excellent combat skills. I've also been turned away by his careless disregard for human life and, well, he's not a hero.

But he's a likable misanthrope, and his singular power of regeneration makes him a formidable foe. I'm still not entirely sold on the man I see here, but I can appreciate him all the same. He does not claim the moral high ground, as t...more
Sesana
A Deadpool miniseries, plus a one-shot. The five issue miniseries is really a very typical Deadpool story. Which begs the question: why bother releasing it as a mini, instead of just as five issues of Deadpool? (Answer: Money, of course. Deadpool was selling.) It is a decent story, with an elevated level of violence even for Deadpool. Tombstone makes for a credible villain here. (I have no idea if this is normal or not, since I don't read much Spidey.) Probably would have been better if it hadn'...more
Michael (Tattoogirl Reads)
Deadpool: Suicide Kings was an alright read. It’s my first brush with Deadpool and I’ll probably read more about him but I get the feeling I’m going to think most of it is just alright. So you’re probably wondering why I would continue to read about him, right? Well, he’s an asshole. And for some reason he’s says just enough ridiculous stuff and offends just enough people for me to want to read more of his comics.

For those of you who haven’t read much about Deadpool I’m just going to let you kno...more
Natalia Rox
Punisher, Deadpool, Spiderman, and Daredevil.... oh my.

"Call me Deadpool, call me the gangster of love, some people call me Maurice..."

Great moments, okay story. :)
Victor
David
Jun 03, 2012 David rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I'm a fan of Deadpool, but the dialogue in this book often is ridiculous, even by comic standards. It reads like a transcript from someone who just watched several hours of MTV and BET and thinks that's how black people talk. It's embarassing.
Terry
Deadpool's framed for a crime, drawing the attention of The Punisher, Daredevil and Spider-man. This book is hilarious, with Deadpool and Spidey sniping at each other and Deadpool's usual awareness that he's a comic book character.
J.
This is a really forgettable Deadpool story. It's got tons and tons of cameos and team-ups, but not much else (including plot, humor). It's very violent, which I guess is good, but overall: Meh.
K
The Deadpool + Spidey + Daredevil bits really made this book for me. So much fun. (Though now it just makes me want a DP & Spidey book a la Cable & Deadpool. Sigh.)
Darius
Spiderman shows up and it gets real funny. One of the goriest Deadpool arcs I've ever read though, thanks to some lazy writing for Punisher.
Keenan Lee
its solid deadpool action with spiderman, daredevil, and the punisher thrown in, what more could any one really ask for.
Frankie C
I love that Deadpool finally gets laid at the end. Spoilers!!
Liquidshark
"hey that's out of context
Sebastian Gil
Sebastian Gil is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
Ksenia
Ksenia is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
John Muñoz
John Muñoz marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Kirstin Warren
Kirstin Warren marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Maddy Leonard
Maddy Leonard marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2)
  • Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 1: If Looks Could Kill
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2
  • Dark Reign: Deadpool/Thunderbolts
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
Deadpool Pulp Luke Cage Noir The Punisher MAX: Naked Kills Moon Knight, Vol. 4: The Death of Marc Spector Moon Knight, Volume 5: Down South