Start by marking “Lights Out, Night's Out” as Want to Read:
Lights Out, Night's Out

Lights Out, Night's Out

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From Accord's New York Times best-selling AniMotion series, Lights Out, Night's Out takes readers on a nighttime safari to see the world through the eyes of clever nocturnal critters ranging from hedgehogs and hippos to frogs and fireflies.

High definition fluorescent inks, exclusive to this collection, appear in both page illustrations and animation windows to heighten vis
Published September 15th 2009 by Accord Publishing, a division of Andrews McMeel (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lights Out, Night's Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lights Out, Night's Out

Bold, Bright, Glow-in-the-dark Illustrations! The story...ugggg! I did not like it at all! "What does night mean when you're blind? Since dark is dark, bats hardly mind." It was misinformation like this, implying bats are blind, that made me cringe. I know, I is a children's book for the youngest set. In the back of the book, there is a brief notation for each of the animals mentioned to explain further, ie. "Bats don't see very well, but have great hearing. They find their way by mak ...more
I liked this book. I feel like the holographic parts of the illustrations really added to the book because it showed a realistic motion of the animal. I also feel like the holograms in addition to the well-drawn illustrations will really draw reader to this book. This book does a great job telling about nocturnal animals and I would use it during that unit.

2010 Independent Publisher Book Awards - Gold Medal Winner (Children's Pict/7&under)
Lights Out, Nights Out turned out to be a book that all my kids enjoyed and that hardly ever happens. Lights Out, Nights Out (LONO) is a cardstock picture book that has ani-motion images throughout. I did not like this book for the storyline; I enjoyed it for several other reasons.

See full review HERE
BEAUTIFUL pictures the one I read is a glow in the dark edition. Very cool. This would make for a good bedtime read as it discusses night time critters (bats owls, etc). But it doesn't have a story line, so if your kiddos need a plot in order to be happy with their book, this one isn't for them.
My 5 year old loves this book!
This is a very neat book with the animals discussed "coming to life" with the Ani-Motion technology used to make the book. I loved how the animals seemed to move on the pages and so did my boys! Very interesting section on all the nocturnal animals covered in the book on the last two pages. Animals included hedgehogs, fireflies, hippos, and wolves to name just a few.
Pretty cool book about nocturnal animals with the "AniMotion" technology as the real star of the show as it provides for very cool moving images by flipping the page back and forth (although it is a little on the dark side). Neat.
nocturnal, scanimation
Seth added it
Jun 27, 2015
I Love
I Love marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Amelia added it
Nov 14, 2014
Rachel added it
Sep 29, 2014
Jess added it
Jul 27, 2014
Becca'sChild marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Dana added it
May 30, 2014
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Dawayne marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
William Boniface may or may not exist. Ordinary Boy, after all, tells his own story. Mr. Boniface could simply be a creation of the publisher in order to fulfill the requirement that an author be listed on the cover of this book. Given that possibility, there is no harm in revealing that Mr. Boniface has lent his name to over two dozen far less wordy children's books that were also in need of an a ...more
More about William Boniface...
The Hero Revealed (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #1) The Return of Meteor Boy? (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #2) The Great Powers Outage (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #3) Max the Minnow (Eyeball Animation!) Mystery in Bugtown