Power Play (Forbidden Fantasies #14) (Harlequin Blaze #502)

Power Play (Forbidden Fantasies #14) (Forbidden Fantasies)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Keep her hands to herself?

Not easy for Emily Saunders, who's in Elk Crossing, Idaho, for a family wedding. She's double booked in the same hotel room with a sexy cop attending—of all things!—a hockey tournament. As a massage therapist, Emily's soon itching to soothe Jonah Betts's gorgeous muscles—both on and off the ice.

Jonah can't believe his luck—a sexy single woman shar...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published 2009)

Auntee
Oct 22, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of quick contemporaries
This was a cute little romance between a massage therapist (Emily) who's come home to tiny Elk Crossing, Idaho for her cousin's big family wedding, and a cop (Jonah) who's entered a hockey tournament in the same town. Through a series of somewhat unbelievable and often humorous circumstances (bedbugs!), they end up having to share the same hotel room. I know it all sounds a bit predictable, because you know what's bound to happen when you put two single, attractive people in the same hotel room...more
Mojca
***READER'S NOTE***
The blurb sucks by the way, having (almost) nothing to do with the story.
***END OF READER'S NOTE***

Emily is in Elk Crossing, Idaho, her home town, as a bridesmaid for her cousin's wedding. Jonah, a Portland cop, is in Elk Crossing to participate in the Over-Thirties-Hockey Tournament

A case of bed bugs and absolutely no vacancies thanks to the hockey tournament, forces them to share the last room available in the Elk Crossing Lodge. And an unfortunate incident of the wrong pers...more
Jane Stewart
4 ½ stars. Fun, enjoyable romance. I was chuckling several times. Characters and plot worked well. Nothing annoyed me.

STORY BRIEF:
Emily is a health center massage therapist who is in town for her cousin’s wedding. Her relatives take advantage of her by asking her to run errands, do wedding chores, etc. She’s staying in a hotel to avoid the additional stress of staying with family members. Jonah is a detective who plays in an ice hockey league for guys over 30. He’s in town for several days for a...more
Carolyne
Ok, as a "Blaze" book it was as good as the rest, but since hockey is key to the plot you would think the author would have at least looked up a few things about the game. All the hockey talk was wrong and stupid.

1. hockey equipment is not called a "uniform"
2. hockey players do not carry around two pair of skates unless you are in the NHL
3. hockey skates do not have liners you remove
4. no one plays hockey only for the win or the exercise. they play for the love of the game
5. you cannot swim in f...more
Norma
What a fun story. I really enjoyed this. I knew I'd like Jonah when he was described as having more hair than necessary and then referred to as "hairy guy." LOL Jonah and Emily are fun and likable. No misunderstandings, no TSTL moments, no separation. Oh and they actually talk! Emily felt real and I felt like she was someone I could be friends with. She didn't feel like an untouchable heroine. Jonah, while he's the hero and a cop, is not an unrealistic alpha male. He, too, felt like any man. I t...more
Anastasia
I'm finding that the more I like a book, the quicker I gobble it up. Seems like an obvious cause/effect, but it really hit home when I finished Power Play in THREE HOURS!

The only things that stood out more than the steamy bedroom scenes were the unexpected and hilarious laugh-til-you-cry scenes.It's been a while since I've literally laughed out loud when reading a book and there were multiple moments where I not only smiled and giggled, but I bellowed out full-on laughs during this book.

Good-g...more
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2011- Power Play has been on my wish list for over 6 months. June Category: Contemporary

3.5*

Entertaining and humorous story with very likeable characters. The opening scene made me laugh, and set the tone for the entire book. The characters were great, but not perfect. The attraction was there, but we didn't have to read about tingling body parts every paragraph. There were several sub-plots and numerous characters that the author wove into the story quite smoothly.

The book was sex...more
Judy
Power Play by Nancy Warren
Emily Saunders life changed drastically on this visit to Elk Crossing, Idaho for her cousin’s wedding. Like all of her family’s doings it was long and drawn out for a week. The change wasn’t having to wear a orange pumpkin-shaped bridesmaid dress, or her family trying to set her up with her third cousin. It didn’t even have to do with her being asked to do so many things, because she couldn’t refuse them. No. The life changing part had to do with bedbugs at her hotel.

Jo...more
Kristen
*A LITTLE BIT OF SPOILERS*

This book was really short I finished it in less than a day. Some parts were pretty funny I thought. I give it 3 stars because the length of the book (I don't really read short books) and because it just wasn't that great. Yeah there were funny parts but some things about it irritated me.
1. I hate reading in third person.
2. She should have done some research on hockey.
3. And involved hockey a little more. (To me anyways)
4. Her parents tried to hook her up with her COU...more
Oddmonster
An appealing heroine, and hero who isn't a douchecanoe, an interesting premise and...a plot that beggars belief. And I understand that there's some amount of belief-suspension necessary to read a Blaze, but I didn't find the big plot twist near the end well executed.

Also, adding in a 3rd, minor character's POV 140 pages into a 200-page book kind of threw me for a loop. And despite having a heavily hirsute hero, the guy on the cover is smooth-chested. Eh.
Joy Strother
I loved this book.Jonah is one sexy cop.This book is deliciously sexy!
Marj
Rating: 4 stars –this book was quite refreshing and i finished the book in a couple of hours. story was the usual but i wished the author gave emily the chance to say no to her family for once and for her family to understand that just because she’s single does not mean she gets to do all the errands .
Dawn ♥ romance
Enjoyable book with good plot, plenty of action, humor, steamy scenes, and exciting ending. Hotel bedbugs cause massage therapist Emily, in town for family wedding, to get accidentally double booked in hotel room with cop Jonah, in town for hockey tournament.
Kimberly
Another hilarious and fun read from Nancy Warren. From the bedbugs to the hideous bridesmaid dress to the smokin' hot cop/hockey player this book hit the spot. I was disappointed when it ended. I wanted more.
ElaineY
Rather boring despite the promise of better things to come. I'm not in my stick-to-it mood so while I suspect things will get more interesting, I'm going to give it a miss.
Wminbc
A great football read...meaning read it while at the football practice field!
Panda Boo
Panda Boo marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Joselyn Brown
Joselyn Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Ripped!
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Body Check
  • Play with Me
  • Hard and Fast
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Storm Watch (Harlequin Blaze, #487) (Uniformly Hot!, #8)
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Her Secret Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #517)
  • The Concubine
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri...more
More about Nancy Warren...
Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2) Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1) Bad Boys With Expensive Toys Bad Boys Down Under British Bad Boys