Power Play (Forbidden Fantasies #14) (Harlequin Blaze #502)

Power Play (Forbidden Fantasies #14) (Harlequin Blaze #502)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Keep her hands to herself?

Not easy for Emily Saunders, who's in Elk Crossing, Idaho, for a family wedding. She's double booked in the same hotel room with a sexy cop attending—of all things!—a hockey tournament. As a massage therapist, Emily's soon itching to soothe Jonah Betts's gorgeous muscles—both on and off the ice.

Jonah can't believe his luck—a sexy single woman shar...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published 2009)

Auntee
Oct 22, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Fans of quick contemporaries
This was a cute little romance between a massage therapist (Emily) who's come home to tiny Elk Crossing, Idaho for her cousin's big family wedding, and a cop (Jonah) who's entered a hockey tournament in the same town. Through a series of somewhat unbelievable and often humorous circumstances (bedbugs!), they end up having to share the same hotel room. I know it all sounds a bit predictable, because you know what's bound to happen when you put two single, attractive people in the same hotel room...more
Mojca
***READER'S NOTE***
The blurb sucks by the way, having (almost) nothing to do with the story.
***END OF READER'S NOTE***

Emily is in Elk Crossing, Idaho, her home town, as a bridesmaid for her cousin's wedding. Jonah, a Portland cop, is in Elk Crossing to participate in the Over-Thirties-Hockey Tournament

A case of bed bugs and absolutely no vacancies thanks to the hockey tournament, forces them to share the last room available in the Elk Crossing Lodge. And an unfortunate incident of the wrong pers...more
Jane Stewart
4 ½ stars. Fun, enjoyable romance. I was chuckling several times. Characters and plot worked well. Nothing annoyed me.

STORY BRIEF:
Emily is a health center massage therapist who is in town for her cousin’s wedding. Her relatives take advantage of her by asking her to run errands, do wedding chores, etc. She’s staying in a hotel to avoid the additional stress of staying with family members. Jonah is a detective who plays in an ice hockey league for guys over 30. He’s in town for several days for a...more
Carolyne
Ok, as a "Blaze" book it was as good as the rest, but since hockey is key to the plot you would think the author would have at least looked up a few things about the game. All the hockey talk was wrong and stupid.

1. hockey equipment is not called a "uniform"
2. hockey players do not carry around two pair of skates unless you are in the NHL
3. hockey skates do not have liners you remove
4. no one plays hockey only for the win or the exercise. they play for the love of the game
5. you cannot swim in f...more
Norma
What a fun story. I really enjoyed this. I knew I'd like Jonah when he was described as having more hair than necessary and then referred to as "hairy guy." LOL Jonah and Emily are fun and likable. No misunderstandings, no TSTL moments, no separation. Oh and they actually talk! Emily felt real and I felt like she was someone I could be friends with. She didn't feel like an untouchable heroine. Jonah, while he's the hero and a cop, is not an unrealistic alpha male. He, too, felt like any man. I t...more
Anastasia
I'm finding that the more I like a book, the quicker I gobble it up. Seems like an obvious cause/effect, but it really hit home when I finished Power Play in THREE HOURS!

The only things that stood out more than the steamy bedroom scenes were the unexpected and hilarious laugh-til-you-cry scenes.It's been a while since I've literally laughed out loud when reading a book and there were multiple moments where I not only smiled and giggled, but I bellowed out full-on laughs during this book.

Good-g...more
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2011- Power Play has been on my wish list for over 6 months. June Category: Contemporary

3.5*

Entertaining and humorous story with very likeable characters. The opening scene made me laugh, and set the tone for the entire book. The characters were great, but not perfect. The attraction was there, but we didn't have to read about tingling body parts every paragraph. There were several sub-plots and numerous characters that the author wove into the story quite smoothly.

The book was sex...more
Kristen
*A LITTLE BIT OF SPOILERS*

This book was really short I finished it in less than a day. Some parts were pretty funny I thought. I give it 3 stars because the length of the book (I don't really read short books) and because it just wasn't that great. Yeah there were funny parts but some things about it irritated me.
1. I hate reading in third person.
2. She should have done some research on hockey.
3. And involved hockey a little more. (To me anyways)
4. Her parents tried to hook her up with her COU...more
Oddmonster
An appealing heroine, and hero who isn't a douchecanoe, an interesting premise and...a plot that beggars belief. And I understand that there's some amount of belief-suspension necessary to read a Blaze, but I didn't find the big plot twist near the end well executed.

Also, adding in a 3rd, minor character's POV 140 pages into a 200-page book kind of threw me for a loop. And despite having a heavily hirsute hero, the guy on the cover is smooth-chested. Eh.
Maandoe
Rating: 4 stars –this book was quite refreshing and i finished the book in a couple of hours. story was the usual but i wished the author gave emily the chance to say no to her family for once and for her family to understand that just because she’s single does not mean she gets to do all the errands .
Dawn ♥ romance
Enjoyable book with good plot, plenty of action, humor, steamy scenes, and exciting ending. Hotel bedbugs cause massage therapist Emily, in town for family wedding, to get accidentally double booked in hotel room with cop Jonah, in town for hockey tournament.
Kimberly
Another hilarious and fun read from Nancy Warren. From the bedbugs to the hideous bridesmaid dress to the smokin' hot cop/hockey player this book hit the spot. I was disappointed when it ended. I wanted more.
ElaineY
Rather boring despite the promise of better things to come. I'm not in my stick-to-it mood so while I suspect things will get more interesting, I'm going to give it a miss.
Wminbc
A great football read...meaning read it while at the football practice field!
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Jizzle Joyce
Jizzle Joyce marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Genny Kayland
Genny Kayland marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Mandisse Flores
Mandisse Flores marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Victor
Victor marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Megs
Megs added it
Mar 22, 2014
Hollie
Hollie marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Body Check
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Storm Watch (Harlequin Blaze, #487) (Uniformly Hot!, #8)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Play with Me (Forbidden Fantasies #15) (Harlequin Blaze #521)
  • Cruise Control (Harlequin Blaze, #251)
  • The Soldier (Uniformly Hot, #7) (Harlequin Blaze, #481)
  • The Concubine
  • Hard and Fast
  • Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
  • Feels Like the First Time
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • At Your Command
Nancy Warren is a USA Today bestselling Harlequin and Kensington author who got her big break when she won Harlequin's 2000 Blaze Contest. Her sensuous, humorous romances have won numerous awards and appeared on the Waldenbooks bestseller list.
Nancy Warren

Awards and lists are great, but nothing beats the thrill of hearing from readers. Most have commented on how much they enjoy the mixture of humo...more
More about Nancy Warren...
Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2) Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1) Bad Boys With Expensive Toys Bad Boys Down Under British Bad Boys