Start by marking “Blackout at Christmas” as Want to Read:
Blackout at Christmas

Blackout at Christmas

During a Christmas Eve blizzard in Seattle, three couples find themselves in a citywide blackout...
When their car skids off the road, the best man and bridesmaid are snowbound. While struggling to stay warm, they spend long hours getting to know each other in the most intimate ways....

Stranded with the Bridesmaid by Beth Cornelison
When their car skids off the road, the bes
ebook, Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1583, 214 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blackout at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackout at Christmas

Mojca
Three couples are stranded in the blackout caused by the strongest snow storm in the last twenty years that’s enveloped Seattle.

In the first story Ellen is on the way to her sister’s wedding when the airport is locked down. She’s just about to rent a car when the power goes down. Luckily for her, the last car was rented to her sister’s future-husband’s best man. Unfortunately more than his best-man duty, Zack is concentrating on convincing his friend not to marry. On their way to Spokane, they s
Casey Dawes
Jan 06, 2014 Casey Dawes rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these three short stories centered around the theme of a blackout in Seattle at Christmastime. The writing was well-done, the characters more than cardboard, and the plots intricate enough to keep me reading.
Natalie Damschroder
Jan 06, 2014 Natalie Damschroder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Loved 2nd two novellas; first was well written but not my cup of tea.
Andrea Guy
The three stories in this collection are all winners as far as holiday short stories go. I really loved the last one "Kiss Me On Christmas." The only problem I had with this set of stories is that only one of them really fit the imprint that they were published under.

There was absolutely no suspense in the first and last stories. Santa Under Cover was the only one that had suspense, thus it was a little light on the romance. A nice trade off, as these short stories had everyone jumping into bed
Becky
Oct 18, 2009 Becky rated it liked it
This book had three cute, brainless stories. I read this book in an afternoon. I really like Cornelison's writing and haven't read the other two authors so I was excited to pick this up. I liked all three stories and the ideas behind them. They even made me laugh!

However, I didn't have enough time to get to know the characters or get totally engaged in the plot. There just wasn't enough to each of the stories for me. There wasn't much character development so I just didn't seem to care how thing
Gemma
Nov 21, 2011 Gemma rated it it was ok
Shelves: bookcrossing
Didn't finish the first two stories. Both used the "he kisses her to shut her up" scenerio. I HATE that cliche. It ought to be beaten, shot, set on fire and the ashes peed on. I thought it was a stupid scene the first time I read it, and it hasn't improved by the 100th time.

The second story also has the heroine thinking, "Hmm...we're being held hostage. I know, I'll flash the gunman!" Seriously???

The third story was the only one that I finished. It was a bit rushed, but that's not surprising, gi
Cara
Dec 22, 2014 Cara rated it liked it
Short, decent and not suspenseful at all, except for in the second story. A quick read and a fun change of pace.
Davina Bell
Jan 06, 2014 Davina Bell rated it liked it
Cute stories for the holiday season. It was an easy read. With the cold weather, it was a nice book to cuddle up with. I read it in 2 days. It reminded me a watching a Lifetime or Hallmark movie.
Artharu
Artharu rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Sherylb
Sherylb rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2010
Judith
Feb 22, 2013 Judith rated it it was ok
Good light relief while trying to get through Kevin!
Kylie
Kylie rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2009
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2011
"scareyb"
"scareyb" rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2010
M.J. Fredrick
M.J. Fredrick rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2009
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2011
Donica
Donica rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2009
Lucia
Lucia rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2009
Serena
Serena rated it liked it
May 21, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
wanda
wanda rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2009
francine
francine rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
☆°•..  Jillie Anne ..•°☆
Fun to read. Quick stories. Great read while it was snowing.
Jojo
Jojo rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2016
Yazmin
Yazmin rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Jennifer Morey
Jul 26, 2011 Jennifer Morey rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2011
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2009
Reaganstar
Reaganstar marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2009
Kelley
Kelley added it
Jan 21, 2010
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2010
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2011
Viohlet
Viohlet marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2011
Shannon Adamson
Shannon Adamson marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2011
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2011
Tasneem
Tasneem marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2012
Mombo
Mombo added it
May 13, 2012
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Mallory Gaile
Mallory Gaile marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
A
A added it
Aug 09, 2012
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Stephenie
Stephenie marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Beth Cornelison started writing stories as a child when she penned a tale about the adventures of her cat, Ajax. She received her bachelor's degree in Public Relations from the University of Georgia and after working in public relations for a little more than a year, she moved with her husband from Tennessee to Louisiana, where she decided to pursue her love of writing fiction.

Since that time, she
More about Beth Cornelison...