Start by marking “Runabout (Wild Oats, #2)” as Want to Read:
Runabout (Wild Oats, #2)

Runabout (Territory Trysts #2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  454 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In Prattville (formerly called Dead Dog), Oklahoma, in 1916, Tulsa May Bruder has given up on love. Her first and only suitor -- Doctor Odysseus P. Foote, better known as Doc Odie -- has jilted her at their very public engagement party. The whole town is talking and Tulsa May feels like the local wallflower. But then Luther Harlan Briggs, who has been like a brother to her ...more
Published February 1st 1994 by Jove (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Runabout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runabout

Audrey
I loved this book!

This was a friends to lovers book of the most wonderful variety. Set in an unusual historical era (early 20th Century Oklahoma right before WWI), it had a great period voice and lively characters. The storytelling was robust and thorough, and I eagerly followed along as I saw Luther fall...slowly and ever so inevitably...for his dear friend Tulsa May.

The story, in brief...
Tulsa May (or "Tulsy") was humiliated rather publicly and is now the subject of local gossip in her small O
Zeek
Aug 03, 2015 Zeek rated it really liked it
Runabout is the sequel to a fav historical romance of mine- Wild Oats. Set 10 yrs later, in 1916, Runabout is not your average hist-rom. Making it doubly less averagey? Its written by Pamela Morsi, one the quirkiest voices in romance.

Tulsa May Bruder has been jilted. At the altar. Well, all but, anyway. Doctor Odysseus P. Foote, decided to make a run for it during their engagement party, thus settling her as the most pathetic spinster in town. Only, it’s sorta okay with Tulsa as Doc Odie was no
Head in the clouds
This was just too cute! What a wonderful story with sweet and endearing characters. It makes you feel soft as a marshmellow inside- it takes you to a small town in Pre-WWI America and offers a glance at the lives and loves of its inhabitants. The writing flowed beautifully and the love between Tulsa and Luther was heartwarming and romantic. I can't fault this at all! Thanks Pamela Morsi for all these warm fuzzies!

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
LuvGirl
3.5 stars. I must start off by saying that this author is an absolutely wonderful storyteller. She makes you feel like you are right there in 1916 with all the characters. She brings everyone to life, even the secondary characters. The setting of 1916 Oklahoma was vivid and intense. You can tell that American historical is dear to her as a writer. She made the lives of the characters everyday living seem so interesting, and that’s the praise that I would like to give to Pamela Morsi before I eve ...more
Linda
Closer to 4.5 stars, RUNABOUT is better than WILD OATS. Roughly ten years later, this is the endearing story of Luther Briggs and Tulsy Bruder. They have been friends since day one of meeting each other and are opposites in many ways. He is handsome, she is plain. She came from a caring family, he and his brother have been orphans for a long time. He had a mixed-race heritage, she couldn't be any more white than she was: gap-toothed, fair-skinned with 'carrot' red-hair.

At the beginning of the st
Saly
This book took a while for me to like, here we have Tulsa, who we met in the last book, she is the Reverend's daughter and always told she is plain and then we have the hero Luther who we again met in the last book when he lost his father (the last book's heroine's ex).

Now they both are all grown up with Luther being a ladies man and the heroine just having been publicly humiliated after her engagement broke off. To help the heroine, the hero her friend decides they will pretend to court. It was
Pam
Dec 02, 2009 Pam rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Pamela Morsi's romances are usually charming and sweet, and this one was no exception. At times, the characters seemed almost too good to be true, but I liked the fact that Tulsa May wasn't a conventional beauty, and also that the hero and heroine were longtime friends before they fell in love. A good, quick read.
Allure Van Sanz
May 23, 2009 Allure Van Sanz rated it it was amazing
Again...I loved this book mostly because of the imperfection of the characters and the richness of the story. The time period was not popular or overdone and it was a refreshing change from my usual historicals.
Verodarling Melani
Feb 11, 2014 Verodarling Melani rated it liked it
After reading "Courting Miss Hattie" I was eager to read this story. I usually enjoy the friends-turned-lovers thing, but I was disappointed here... There was not enough focus on the main couple and too many pages filled with pointless stuff about other characters, that I felt brought nothing to the story line, only made the story longer.
I didn't feel that a deep and passionate love blossoms between the hero and heroine... just that two people who obviously loved each other as friends discovered
Celestine
Runabout is a sequel to Pamela Morsi's Wild Oats, which takes place 10 years earlier. This time the leads are slightly wild auto mechanic Luther Briggs and newspaper reporter Tulsa May Bruder, who is also the preacher's daughter. Sweet characters and a great setting are up to par, as is usual in a Morsi book. I had to go online and look up what a Buick Model G Runabout looked like, and it appeared to be a very fun early automobile - perfect for the story. The Runabout is as much a character as s ...more
Nelly
Jan 07, 2013 Nelly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013

Set in 1917 some 10 years after the first installment in the Wild oats series, I must say though that I remembered almost nothing from the first book, so I think this can be read as a stand alone, anyway the book tells the story of Tulsa May and her best friend Luther, who comes to her rescue pretending to be her new caller when she's jilted by her fiance at their engagement party. Tulsa Mae and Luther have always been friends, she's somewhat plain although very intelligent and kind, Lu
Lisa
Sep 15, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Morsi writes very sweet, but sexy, romance novels stocked with lots of local characters. I loved Courting Miss Hattie and enjoy reading her other historical romance novels to see if they measure up. Thus far, none has quite come up to "Courting's" mark, but Runabout, which is set in 1915 Oklahoma, is a lovely, light and quick read about two childhood friends who become sweethearts. Morsi doesn't dive too deeply into her characters, but she adds interesting twists and turns that reflect th ...more
Marynea Collina Bautista
SECONDARY CHARACTERS ARE "SECONDARY" FOR A REASON.

AND IN THIS BOOK'S CASE, I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM. The author gave them too much time. I wouldn't mind if they had been likeable. They were not, unfortunately.
Geo Marcovici
Oct 28, 2015 Geo Marcovici rated it it was amazing
Prima carte de aceasta autoare pe care am citit-o. Mi-a placut stilul de scriere... O poveste emotionanta, cu momente haioase si cu personaje interesante.
Merita citita!
Ida
Jul 09, 2015 Ida rated it liked it
DA4Pups
Sweet and charming - a truly enjoyable read. Tulsy is a wonderful character and I am glad that she got her HEA. Luther's gradual realization that he loved her (not as a sister) is awesome and his attention, love and consideration of Tulsy made me sigh at the end. Wild Oats is still my favorite and I enjoyed the little snippets about Cora and Jedwin. The side story about Luther's brother and Maybelle is sweet as well. 4 stars.
Chanpreet
Jan 14, 2012 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
With this book, I have read all of Pamela Morsi's historical romance novels and I have enjoyed them all. She never wrote run of the mill bodice rippers, but thoughtful, sweet stories, set in places I don't think I've ever seen anyone write a romance novel in, let alone a historical one. Her stories are also unique and enjoyable.
Madeline
Dec 08, 2015 Madeline rated it liked it
I love myself a good romance and this is a totally awesome romance. Super fun and crazy which you don't get very much in romances. It is super sweet and quirky and I really enjoyed it.
Dls
Jul 25, 2011 Dls rated it liked it
It was fun but not overwhelming. I usually prefer historicals, and she has a lovely sense of time and place, but her contemporaries are much more moving.
Jill
My third book from Pam. Again love the characters, especially the leading man! Great story and well written.
Iss
Feb 06, 2012 Iss rated it really liked it
sahabat jd cinta.. hohoho.. imperfect couple with perfect love as usual.. really so sweet:)
Kathleen
Dec 11, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Morsi consistently delivers story.
tina kemme
tina kemme marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Tuuli
Tuuli rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Sen
Sen marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Breeanya
Breeanya rated it did not like it
May 10, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
  • Without Words
  • The Gamble
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • The Passions of Emma
  • My Only Love
  • Come Spring (Storm Family, #3)
  • His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)
  • The Bridal Veil
  • Marry Me (Marrying Miss Bright, #2)
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • Conor's Way
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Romancing Olive
  • Crooked Hearts
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4)
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • The Portrait
Pamela Morsi is a USA Today, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Noble bestselling author of romance. She broke into publishing in 1991 with Heaven Sent and has been gracing readers with at least a book a year ever since. Two of her novels, Courting Miss Hattie (1992) and Something Shady (1996), won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award, the highest honor in romance publishing, and others have bee ...more
More about Pamela Morsi...

Territory Trysts (2 books)
  • Wild Oats (Wild Oats, #1)