Start by marking “Missile Mouse #1 The Star Crusher” as Want to Read:
Missile Mouse #1 The Star Crusher

Missile Mouse #1 The Star Crusher

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  1,237 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
A rough, tough space hero-who just happens to be a big-eared mouse-takes on the forces of intergalactic evil in this funny, action-packed graphic novel.

Missile Mouse, secret agent for the Galactic Security Agency, is a risk taker and a rule breaker, which is why he's in hot water at GSA headquarters. Then RIP, the Rogue Imperium of Planets, kidnaps a scientist who knows ab
Published January 1st 2010 by GRAPHIX

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu KibuishiBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Best Graphic Novels for Children
102nd out of 789 books — 1,053 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadLinger by Maggie StiefvaterCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCaptivate by Carrie Jones
2010 YA Releases
57th out of 88 books — 115 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicola Mansfield
Nov 02, 2010 Nicola Mansfield rated it it was amazing
Reason for Reading: This is a Cybils '10 nominee and required reading for me as a graphic novels panelist.

Missile Mouse grabbed me from the beginning and I can't wait until the next book comes out this January! There are not too many graphic novels that stand out in the pure science fiction genre for children and this was a real delight to read. Missile Mouse is an agent for the Galactic Security Agency, a bit of a rogue who does things his own way and irritates his superiors because of it. He's
Jennifer Rayment
Apr 09, 2010 Jennifer Rayment rated it really liked it
Jake's Review: Mom I give this 20 out of 10. It is AWESOME, are there any more like this. I'm going to read this instead of watching tv tonight -- OK? Lets go to the Library tomorrow and see it there are any more -- Mom, why are you grinning (Moms note: finally have someone in the family that I may be able to convince to go to a convention) . I really liked this novel. The pictures are exciting and funny and made me want to keep reading. Lots of cool pictures of things blowing up - but not in a ...more
A colorful, action-packed space fantasy for the young ones, complete with explosions, evil leaders, and spy activity. As an agent for the Galactic Security Agency, nothing fazes Missle Mouse during his assignment to rescue a kidnapped scientist and stop the Rogue Imperium of Planets from reactivating a long-dormant and deadly weapon. Missle Mouse is tough and confident, and a promise he made to his father informs all that he does to help protect the universe.
Feb 06, 2013 Cemeread rated it it was amazing
This is a science fiction graphic novel that takes place in space. Missile Mouse is an agent with the Galactic Security. He is a bit like Indiana Jones in that he means well, but things just don't seem to go quite like he plans. The RIP are trying to get hold of the information to make a star crusher. Star crushers basically create black holes- not good for the galaxy. Missile Mouse is assigned a partner, but he would rather go out on his own. Find out if Missle Mouse can save the galaxy, a scie ...more
Skye Kilaen
Sep 12, 2016 Skye Kilaen rated it really liked it
Missile Mouse is one of the darker kinda-superheroes I've seen so far in young people's comics. He's not the cranky guy with a heart of gold once someone finds it. He's just a grim person. Err, mouse. He's a special agent who fights interstellar crime. He has no friends and he doesn't want any. His father was executed in front of him when he was a child.

BUT this book isn't about his angst. It's about saving the world for great justice! There's a lot of action, the stories are well-paced, and th
Lin Andy (E. G. Leevi)
Aug 10, 2016 Lin Andy (E. G. Leevi) rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This comic is surprisingly good! I thought that the setting needed to be mire explain in matter of since. Missile Mouse was a likable character that I enjoyed. I thought some parts were predictable. But to wrap this book up I liked it of is science fiction aspect and this alternate space world.
Missile Mouse is a "rogue cop" character with a tragic backstory (like young Anakin Skywalker) who kicks butt in space adventures and saves the galaxy. I found the dialogue and characters a bit flat, but the plot is pretty solid and the artwork is quite good. Kids who like the Clone Wars graphic novels should definitely pick this up.
Alex Murphy
Mar 02, 2015 Alex Murphy rated it did not like it

This book was from start to finish stolen action movie quips set to a mouse police officer. There was nothing original about any of the dialog and personally I really struggled to even finish this book. For third grade boys who are really struggling with reading. Just not a good book I paid like a dollar and I wish I hadn't
Mar 11, 2016 Owlboyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well drawn and well written graphic novel. It reminded me of my favorite cartoon when I was little, Mighty Mouse. Missile Mouse is always saving the day in the nick of time. I can't wait to read more of his adventures!
Dec 30, 2015 Vince rated it liked it
Clear, sharp graphics detail the adventures of an impetuous but well-meaning mouse hero. Fairly typical story-line. Fun. Good ratio of words to images.

Three stars.
Oct 21, 2015 Moises rated it it was amazing
The novel Missile Mouse #1 The Star Crusher was a good book and was really delightful to read, it had a lot of action, and was exciting to read. it made me feel alive.
Nov 07, 2010 Kapila rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I wasn't sure if I would be able to bond with a mouse character in a science fiction story. This was a lot closer, in some ways, to Kenneth Grahame than I thought it would be! The art, as other reviewers mention, really is spot-on - very energetic, but clean and logical to help tell the story. I especially noted the various background colours used to demarcate different scenes - and also set the moods for the scenes. Okay, so Jake Parker took some liberties with plot devices and certain things h ...more
Aug 10, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Read at the recommendation of my son. Very good, classic bad versus good type of animal-spaceman-james bond style of story. Graphics are good as well.
Oct 29, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Missile Mouse's origin story is the stuff that young readers love -- a hero fighting against a rogue organization, a sweetly geeky scientist, interesting aliens, and a dangerous double agent. While the title and beginning of the story might appeal to younger elementary students, this series is best for students in grades 4 - 6. The only part of the graphic novel that made me a bit uncomfortable were the guns, though they were consistent and appropriate for the story.

I liked that Missile Mouse's
Becky B
Missile Mouse is given the task of rescuing a scientist and finding the stores of dark plasma before the bad guys can use both to create a star crusher and wreak havoc in the galaxy. Of course, nothing can be easy.

A fun graphic novel space adventure with a plucky hero who comes across like a galactic Indiana Jones. The illustrations are bright and attractive, and the story keeps up a good steady pace. A fun scifi adventure for graphic novel fans.

Notes on content: No language issues. No sexual co
Apr 26, 2015 Alicia rated it really liked it
Tween and up. 3.5. Some original stuff on top of a lot of sci fi action cliches. I like the respect for science.
Jul 19, 2015 Steph rated it liked it
Awesome for 2nd-4th graders... It's gonna be flying off the graphic novel shelf!
Dec 16, 2015 Steben rated it it was amazing
Rachel Coyne
Jan 02, 2015 Rachel Coyne rated it really liked it
Engaging and fun - my son and I devoured it up in one sitting.
Mar 14, 2016 Whitney rated it it was amazing
This is Daniel's rating. I haven't actually read it.
Andy Soria
Dec 16, 2015 Andy Soria rated it it was amazing
its very fun tis book. recomendation for childrens
Apr 26, 2015 J rated it really liked it
Interesting concept, plot line!
Miguel Cervantes
Mar 28, 2016 Miguel Cervantes rated it it was amazing
kinda cool but kinda boring!
Sep 23, 2014 Jukeub rated it it was ok
Not the best book to read.
Steve Owens
Apr 07, 2016 Steve Owens rated it really liked it
Good storytelling and awesome characters.
Jan 29, 2014 OwenJS rated it it was amazing
Douglas Summers-Stay
This is actually science fiction rather than just space secret agents, which was a pleasant surprise. (For example, one of the character's races has a memory that is passed on directly from parent to child.) I read it aloud to Daniel with different accents for each character. The one whose face resembled a bat I read in an exaggerated version of Peter Lorre's voice, which was fun. The main baddy I read as Peter Cushing.
Derek Westerman
Feb 22, 2013 Derek Westerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Audience: Intermediate readers, teens, and young adults. Action readers. Comic Book readers.

Appeal: Graphic novel enthusiasts, action and adventure lovers, sci-fi readers (Star Wars type). Boys and Girls can read this, but probably more suitable for the boys.

Application - For fun or a book report. Readers who enjoy comic books. Have the readers create their own comic.

Awards - Graphic Novels for Kids
Apr 06, 2010 Jason rated it really liked it
Great fun! Borrows heavily from other sci-fi narrative templates, so there's isn't a lot that new, though the actual plot is not simplistic. And the presentation is nearly perfect. The art is very appealing- colorful with clean lines and layouts that are action-packed but not confusing. Missle Mouse is a likeable character, easy to root for. I hope they will be more!
Jan 28, 2016 Cheryl rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Very cute, although I was sure the "moral" of the story was going one way and it surprised me that it went another.
  • Tower of Treasure (Three Thieves, #1)
  • Hamster and Cheese
  • The Secret Science Alliance and the Copycat Crook
  • Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown (Lunch Lady, #4)
  • Brave New Pond (Squish, #2)
  • Binky to the Rescue
  • Copper
  • The Silver Six
  • The Dragon Players (Knights Of The Lunch Table, #2)
  • Sticky Burr: Adventures in Burrwood Forest (Sticky Burr #1)
  • Fangbone! Third-Grade Barbarian
  • Giants Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette #1)
  • Mal and Chad: The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever! (Mal and Chad, #1)
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 6: True Things Adults Don't Want Kids to Know (Amelia Rules! #6)
  • Adventures in Cartooning: How to Turn Your Doodles Into Comics