Start by marking “National Geographic Readers: Storms!” as Want to Read:
National Geographic Readers: Storms!

National Geographic Readers: Storms! (National Geographic Readers)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Storms are SCARY! But it’s cool to understand what’s going on when Mother Nature gets angry. Why does the wind howl? Why does it rain for days? How do rivers overflow? Thunder and lightening, monsoons, hurricanes, tornadoes... the facts and photos in this book will blow you away!
Published April 14th 2009 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Readers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Readers

Miloš & Brontë
Pa: Serve it up.

Miloš: Okay. I liked it because of the little dance at the end. It's a rain dance.

Pa: Did you do the dance?

Miloš: Yes. I did.

Pa: That's right, I remember that. You mocked me for my bad dance.

Miloš: I'm sorry.

Pa: Why? Mocking's not always bad. I thought it was funny.

Miloš: Okay, I guess I'm not sorry then. Ummm ... sooooo ... back to Storms. I also liked it because of the two guys who were playing basketball.

Pa: What did they have to do with Storms?

Miloš: Nothing. It was just
Brittany
This was a good non-fiction book with basic information about different storms. I would prefer to see it organized with a more apparent order so it moved logically, but I could see using each blurb separately and not reading the entire book at the same time. Overall, I think having this, and other National Geographic readers, in the classroom would be beneficial.
Latosha Finch
This non-fiction hook provides information on different types of storms. It also makes connections to different cultures and animals that experience the different types of storms. Students can use this book in literacy stations. They could write about different storms they have experienced. They can also draw pictures and make connections to their experiences.
Sarah W
National Geographic photographs make this a beautiful introduction to weather. The definition of storm is broad enough that sandstorms are included. Weather on different planets also makes an appearance with some facts kids will find amazing (900 mile hour winds on Neptune!) Weather Words are defined in the margins of the book.
Mrs Bond
As expected the photos are fantastic. The text covers a wide variety of weather patterns including rain, hail, tornado, monsoon, and others.
Both the photos and text have an international, even intergalactic focus. Includes visual glossary and table of contents.
Stephanie Do rego
written by 8 year old: this book helps people learn how to stay safe from storms.
Carol
A good introduction to various weather-types.
Taylor Troncin
Taylor Troncin is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2015
Caspette
Caspette marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Erica
Erica added it
Feb 22, 2015
Lauren Wilson
Lauren Wilson marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Linden
Linden added it
Jan 29, 2015
Cari
Cari added it
Jan 24, 2015
Kelley (Shyflea)
Kelley (Shyflea) marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Sancha
Sancha marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

National Geographic Readers (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • National Geographic Readers: Ants
  • National Geographic Readers: Bats
  • Caterpillar to Butterfly (National Geographic Readers)
  • National Geographic Readers: Cats vs. Dogs
  • Cheetahs (National Geographic Readers)
  • National Geographic Readers: Deadliest Animals
  • National Geographic Readers: Deadly Predators
  • National Geographic Readers: Dinosaurs
  • Dolphins (National Geographic Readers Series)
  • Frogs!