Start by marking “An Aussie Night Before Christmas Pops Up” as Want to Read:
An Aussie Night Before Christmas Pops Up

An Aussie Night Before Christmas Pops Up

Christmas in the middle of the Australian summer means Santa has to find creative ways to deliver presents in this rewrite of the famous old poem A Night Before Christmas but with an Aussie twist.
Published 2007 by Scholastic Australia (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about An Aussie Night Before Christmas Pops Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Aussie Night Before Christmas Pops Up

Tammy
Dec 30, 2009 Tammy rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is a hoot! Santa wearing thongs and shorts riding through the hot, Australia night in a Ute pulled by Kangaroos. "Merry Christmas to all and goodonya mates!"
Today We Did
Dec 11, 2016 Today We Did rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Today We Did
Twas the Night Before Christmas gets a makeover, Aussie style!

An Aussie Night Before Christmas is quintessentially Australian. Everything from possums to water tanks, Pavlova and Shazza, to beer left out for Santa. There is so much nostalgia in this Aussie Christmas story! An old rusty ute pulled by kangaroos, with Santa at the wheel in his red stubby shorts and thongs. This is pretty much how I imagined he would be lying in bed on those hot summer nights of Christmas eves past. And
Cruth
Author: Yvonne Morrison
Illustrator: Kilmeny Niland
First Published: 2005

A fun play on the original with a good Australian flavour in both illustrations and narrative.

Not a lot one can say. It's a Christmas book. It's easy and fun to read. It has fairy bread and Santa's crack. It's set in Summer.

*shrug*

Age:
Read aloud: 3+
Read yourself: 5+

-CR-
Shallowreader VaVeros
Ths is a great retelling of the classic Night Before Christmas with an Australian hot summer Christmas perspective. A fun read every year for both library storytime and Christmas storytime in our home.
Jodez
Dec 23, 2015 Jodez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Aussie families who celebrate Christmas.
Every Christmas eve our family reads this along with the more traditional version. It's far more fitting for our sweltering climate (though I'm more likely to watch the Doctor Who Christmas special than sports)
Julie
Dec 11, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun Australian version of the classic story
Amanda Fletcher
Dec 15, 2012 Amanda Fletcher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun. Aussie icons popping up everywhere. Love the clever use of Aussie colloquialisms. My 5 month old baby loves the rhyming words and rhythm.
Marie
Marie rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2016
Sassy
Sassy rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Jessa
Jessa rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Taylor Fletcher
Taylor Fletcher rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Piper
Piper rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Sam Hughes
Sam Hughes rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2010
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Belinda
Belinda rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Tarrah
Tarrah rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2017
L.J. deVet
L.J. deVet rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Cordelia
Cordelia rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2016
Liz
Oct 27, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the vocabulary from the book.
Janice
Janice rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2011
Norman
Norman rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2012
Chele
Chele rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2012
Indigo Wayworth
My friend from Australia sent this to me, and I think it's amazing! It's so funny!
Dimity Powell
Dimity Powell rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2013
Richard Symonds
Richard Symonds rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2012
Francesca Ridley
Francesca Ridley rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Yvonne is a zookeeper, swing dance instructor and children’s book author. She has also worked as a schoolteacher of 5 to 12 year olds, a meteorologist and a physicist. Her publications include several picture books which have topped the bestseller lists in both Australia and New Zealand, as well as dozens of educational titles. Yvonne is passionate about animal welfare and loves to travel the worl ...more
More about Yvonne Morrison...