Start by marking “The Best Camera Is the One That's with You: iPhone Photography” as Want to Read:
The Best Camera Is the One That's with You: iPhone Photography

The Best Camera Is the One That's with You: iPhone Photography

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A beacon of creativity with boundless energy, Chase Jarvis is well known as a visionary photographer, director, and social artist. In The Best Camera Is The One That's With You, Chase reimagines, examines, and redefines the intersection of art and popular culture through images shot with his iPhone. The pictures in the book, all taken with Chase's iPhone, make up a visual ...more
Published September 18th 2009 by New Riders Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Best Camera Is the One That's with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Camera Is the One That's with You

Lineola
I enjoyed this book but it is essentially a collection of images, not a "how to guide". Even if you just want somehting to spark ideas, the images a bit dated. If you join Instagram or EyeEm (app-based social photography sharing sites), you will find many many iphoneographers with quirkier, more inspiring ideas. If I had found this a year or so ago, I would have loved it, but after reading "The Art of Iphoneography" and "iPhone Obsessed", you are already beyond this book.
Jim
jarvis writes the dirty little secret of the great photographers was takings lots of pictures. the suggestion that if they throw enough against a wall one will stick. i disagree, look at the contact sheets of great phographers, most are v. good, some are great and only a few are poor, but only one could be chosen for an add or a layout.
the thought that the rest of us w/out the eye or talent could be one of them?
Jon
Chase Jarvis is having fun with his iPhone. Which is cool. Several of these pictures are really great. Others are nice, or just so-so. But the point of the whole thing is to show that you don't need gear to take interesting pictures. You just gotta shoot a lot and pay attention to what's around you. Cool things can happen.
Appel Aja
This book is mostly photos with few words. I was inspired by the way Jarvis captured his life and experiences using only a camera phone. I would like to make a similar book about my life.
Josh
Mar 18, 2014 Josh rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
An example is set in this book: Concise, deep thoughts are phrased in simple, large type among example images of how those simple-to-say pieces of advice can be put to good use.
Sandybear76
a small book of photos as the author travels with his iPhone and photographs his everyday life.
Elisabeth
I wanted to love this book. I love art made with unlikely tools. But I think it couldn't decide if it was a photo journal or an abstract photography art book. As a photo journal it was disjointed and not personal enough. On one of the few pages with text, the author writes, "some pictures tell stories. Others ask questions," we'll there wasn't enough story in these for me, plus they weren't chronological. As an art photography book, it needed further editing. Some of these images are just beauti ...more
The Night Hawk (Erin)
Awesome and inspiring photos. Chase's main message, other that the title, is that pictures don't have to be clear and clean and beautiful. They just have to say something to you, how you feel in the moment. They are about capturing what is there now because it will change as the years pass because nothing lasts forever. And when in the moment, you have to take to photo with the camera that's with you, which is almost always the one on your phone!
Gene
My friend Kara Murphy gave me this book and it's a neat quick "read". Since it's a photography book it sits on my counter as a perfect way to see what you can do with the camera on an iPhone, and, more importantly - to remind you that there is beauty everywhere, even in the mundane - it's all about perspective!
Rhonda
Great book. Fun and entertaining. It emphasizes what you can do with a little imagination and "the camera that's with you." Chase shows you what you can do, his new iphone app gives you the tools...now go, create and share!
Belinda
An inspiring book that encourages you to really take a good look at the world around you via your iphone camera to discover that art and life is all around us. Great idea to start our own iphone galleries!
Susan
I was disappointed in this book. I had hoped to see some really inspiring photography but only a few of them "moved" me or made me think "Wow! I wish I had taken that!"
Keith
Good book, great pictures. Wonderful inspiration showing what you can do within the limitations of the iPhone camera.
Mona AlMuaigel
Great book!! with exceptional photographes i really liked it true "the best camera is the one that's with you"
Jeff Triplett
Great book and it really shows you what can be done on such a limited platform. #dmingml
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Colette
Colette marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Chris Macias
Chris Macias marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Seattle 100: Portrait of a City Stevens Pass The Best Camera Is the One That's with You: iPhone Photography by Chase Jarvis Seattle 100: Portrait of a City (Voices That Matter)