Start by marking “Saphirblau (Edelstein-Trilogie, #2)” as Want to Read:
Saphirblau (Edelstein-Trilogie, #2)

Saphirblau (Edelstein-Trilogie #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  52,641 Ratings  ·  4,303 Reviews
Frisch verliebt in die Vergangenheit, das ist vielleicht keine gute Idee. Das zumindest findet Gwendolyn, 16 Jahre alt, frisch gebackene Zeitreisende. Schließlich haben sie und Gideon ganz andere Probleme. Zum Beispiel die Welt zu retten. Oder Menuett tanzen zu lernen. (Beides nicht wirklich einfach!)

Als Gideon dann auch noch anfängt, sich völlig rätselhaft zu benehmen, wi
Published January 5th 2010 by Arena

To ask other readers questions about Saphirblau, please sign up.

This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Taylah-ann If anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: …moreIf anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: http://www.thedarehub.com/tv/watch/sa...
Not all the sentences are grammatically correct but the film itself is fairly easily to follow. :)
Enjoy
(less)

Lara
Jun 15, 2016 Lara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“True love knows no constrains, no locks or bars.
Past every obstacle it makes its way.
It spreads its wings to soar toward the stars,
No earthly power will make it stop or stay.”

I literally fly through this book in 1 day, and I have no regrets!

There is really nothing ''WOW'' about these books so I really don't know why I like this series so much. Saphire Blue was much more better than Ruby Red. Gwen was really funny and sweet in this book. She is really relatable and she handles the situatio
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Unfortunately it's an incontrovertible fact that sound common sense flies out of the window as soon as love comes in through the door.”

Even better than Ruby Red. Because of Xemerius(why didn't she introduce him in the first book?)and because of that hilarious ball where Gwyneth is getting incredibly drunk and does...things she definitely wouldn't do when sober.
I rarely have this much fun when reading a book but this series brought tears to my eyes several times from laughing too hard.

Find more
Amy
Apr 29, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh, do I really have to wait for OCTOBER for this book to be translated into English???? AHHH! I'm so excited. And I suppose by October I'll be stuck back in dinky Dayton so I'll have to wait even longer to get my hands on a copy.
^.^
Maybe I should just re-read Ruby Red...

Finished 12/28/12
*sigh*
So much potential. So, so much potential. Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to it.
The plot is still interesting. In fact, its creative and fun and quite enjoyable.
But the characters!
Oi.
The char
Shreya
Sep 06, 2012 Shreya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s hard to believe the number of bloggers and readers out there that haven’t heard about this wonderful young adult series. Ruby Red, the first book, brought to us an adventure that included time-traveling, secrets, carriages, evil barons, and a little bit of romance. Sapphire Blue continues on from there with double the trouble, triple the action, and quadruple the romance! The characters were once again, very engaging, and I had no problem with getting hooked into the story. Time-travel book ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I didn't really like this, it irritated the hell out of me. The heroine, Gwen, could have been a decent character had it not been for the ghastly romance and the vile love interest (the douche dick Gideon). Every time Gwen was near Gideon or thought about him (which was most of the time), I lost respect for her. She was weak, pathetic and desperate. He treated her like utter shit and the dumb bitch let him, she would be mad and upset when he acted like bastard but as soon as she saw him
Carie
Jan 19, 2013 Carie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arghh.

I like this series, I do. WIth a few complaints. My biggest complaint is that it is a series, instead of a single book. Not much happened it the first and frankly not a whole lot happens in the second. I got SO (in all caps!) tired of no one telling Gwen anything. Eventually some things are revealed. Ish. But you shouldn't have to read 2 books in the series to start getting answers.

Yes, I'll read the next. As long as my complaints are duly noted.
Christine Riccio
Sep 05, 2013 Christine Riccio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the book but, I have so many questions! Just posted my full book discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaZuuI... ! So excited for book 3!
Jaz
I. Need. The. Part. Three. Now.

We get more time travels than in the first book, that one was definitely the introductory book to this world...
Also finally we discover the meaning of something that has been mentioned in the prophecy, which I believe it was pretty obvious since the first time it was mentioned but ... it is what it is. We will get some answers and more questions too. I suspect that many explanations are being saved for the third and last part.
Overall, the plot is quite simple. Thi
Fenia
WOW!!! :O *forever crying* This book was just as great as the first one!!! I loved it. I laughed. I cried. Loved it. I'm so obsessed with this series!! Few spoilers ahead:

I loved the soiree and the singing? i laughed so hard in this scene!! Gwen drunk?? So funny!!! Gideon? Still in love with him..but he really pissed me off!! At the end though..well he does love her. right? he loves her. right?? right?? *crying again* I just can't with all the feels!!! My poor sweet Gwen is so miserable and hur
Cynn
Mar 16, 2014 Cynn rated it really liked it

Es que cada vez me gusta más esta trilogía.

En Saphirblau,la segunda parte de la trilogía Rubí,nos encontramos con una historia que comienza siendo algo predecible y pasa a ser absolutamente entretenida. A pesar de que sigo insistiendo que creo saber varias cosas que todavía no se revelaron se que no puedo juzgar al libro de predecible si todavía no se si en cierta forma, esto es así. Por esto mismo me centro en la historia de esta entrega y empiezo a reseñarla.

La historia es mucho más entreteni
laurooou
Jan 25, 2015 laurooou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book is a good sequel to Ruby Red. It's a light read that will have you laugh hysterically. There is a lot more time travel in this one and some interesting details of the prophecy are revealed.

In the first book, Gwen seemed a bit immature for her age, and she doesn't really evolve in that regard in this book. I think that is probably the main reason I gave the overall series 4 stars instead of 5. Even though Gwen is hilarious, she is not a great role model or heroine. She lacks a tiny bit
Mar 09, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
I still love these books - I'm so happy! Maybe part of it is nostalgia, but I haven't been this entertained in a while. I read quite a bit of this on my rides to and from university and I must've been quite the sight to the people on the train. I constantly had to force myself not to laugh out loud, but couldn't stop myself from grinning every other page. Gwen's thoughts and comments made my day. The sass! Rereading this, it turns out, has been one of my smarter decisions.
Giulia

This series is so fun to read! It's fast-paced and humorous, with witty characters and the cutest romance. I'm having a blast reading it! I would write something more articulate, but you know, book three is already waiting for me...
Nikoleta
Sep 06, 2013 Nikoleta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Χαλαρο, ξενοιαστο, περιπετειωδες και καλογραμμενο. Μα πάνω απο ολα εχει τόση φρεσκάδα, τόσες ατάκες και ευχάριστο χιουμορ που όσες φορές και να το διαβάσω πάντα καταφέρνει να μου φτιάξει την διάθεση.
Regan
Dec 21, 2013 Regan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
STILL SUPER FUN
Andis/Slytherin
May 04, 2015 Andis/Slytherin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 solid stars!
This one was a little longer than Ruby Red but I read it much much faster. This makes me wonder how long it will take me to read Emerald Green <33
Love this series so much so far though.
Martina
Jun 13, 2016 Martina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa that escalated quickly... I can't wait to see the end of it.
Amelie
Jun 22, 2014 Amelie rated it it was amazing
Wow. Ich hätte ja nie gedacht, dass das möglich war, aber Saphirblau ist definitiv noch besser als Rubinrot. Das liegt vor allem an den neu eingeführten Charakteren und natürlich der Liebesgeschichte, die das ganze noch viel viel viiiiel amüsanter macht.
Die oben erwähnten Charaktere sind nämlich Xemerius und Giordano. Beide sind einfach zum Schreien! Ich finde Kerstin Gier hat es auch einfach klasse gelöst, traurige oder gar dramatische Szenen durch Xemerius' lustige Kommentare zu entschärfen. I
Ryan
"The illimitable, silent, never-resting thing called Time, rolling, rushing on, swift, silent, like an all-embracing ocean-tide, on which we and all the Universe swim like exhalations, like apparitions which are and then are not: this is forever very literally a miracle; a thing to strike us dumb - for we have no word to speak about it."
- Thomas Carlye

Warning: May contain mild spoilers, taking into account that this is the second book in the series.

Gwyneth Sheppard has recently found out that s
☾Poppet

As usually I finished this book quite long ago (the next day that I finished Ruby Red book and movie) buuut i forgot to put it on my read shelf and because i wanted to finish a review first but i had mixed thoughts (and events) since as soon i finished Sapphire Blue I watched the movie which was so good (im going to admit it now: i liked it better than the book)

Gwendolyn as always was so fun to read I absolutely love her character and with the companion of Xemerius: hell yes. The time traveling
Darren Hagan
Jul 07, 2015 Darren Hagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Actually 4.5 stars*

This book was so much better than the first one in my opinion. I found myself way more gripped from beginning to end. I think a huge part of it is to do with Xemerius, as his character is funny as hell. I did find Gwen to be a bit annoying sometimes though.

I also seem to find myself more intrigued by what happens in the prologue and epilogue of these books (they are told from a different character's POV).

I'm actually quite looking forward to Emerald Green now... didnt think
Ecmel Soylu
May 08, 2015 Ecmel Soylu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ciddi bir aksiyon eksikliği olduğu gerçeği inkar edilemez ama ben karakterleri ve yazarın mizahını çok seviyorum*-*
~ Odette Knappers
Mar 01, 2015 ~ Odette Knappers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inbezit, 2016
Het reviewen van een deel 2 van een trilogie voelt altijd een beetje als iets zeggen over het middelste gedeelte van een stand-alone. Het verhaal gaat wel door, maar je kent de wereld al en er gebeurt nog niet écht iets. Wel pakte de bijzondere wereld van Gwendolyn me weer en heb ik genoten van de onderdompeling in de wereld.

Ik vind Gideon een ongelooflijke eikel, nog steeds. En hoe vrouwonvriendelijk de hele organisatie is.. jeetje zeg. Ik vind het wel tof hoe Gwendolyn daar mee omgaat, als men
Fátima García
Gideon's bipolarness just freaks me out.
Shannon
May 20, 2017 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Ook dit boek vond ik geweldig! Al moet ik zeggen, ik irriteerde me een ongeluk aan het gedrag van Charlotte, ook al is het wel redelijk begrijpelijk. Maar ik vond de romance echt zo geweldig, al draait het daar natuurlijk niet helemaal om, maar dat kon voor mij de pret niet drukken. En ik moet zeggen, ik denk dat ik ook een beetje verliefd ben geworden op Gideon.
Willinda
Nádherné. Jednoduše nádherné. Bude mi trvat opravdu hodně dlouho zbavit se toho připitomělého úsměvu, který mám od první stránky... :D
------------------------
Ještě před týdnem by vám šestnáctiletá Gwendolyn řekla, že je jí život relativně normální. Sice se její sestřenice učila všechno možné, aby mohla cestovat časem a pouze čekala, až se u ní konečně projeví časocestovací gen, její tetička s babičkou a vlastně velká část rodiny je mírně šílená a každý má nějaké to tajemství, ale pro Gwendolyn v
Krystal Bond
May 18, 2015 Krystal Bond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite not being able to put this book down, I still have to give it only 4 stars. I still have so many questions about all of the mysteries that they seem to keep adding onto but giving essentially zero information about. I truly hope the third and final installment answers all questions and I can give it a solid 5 star rating. Otherwise I still recommend these books, because they are interesting and the characters all very likable. I've enjoyed it overall so far.
Jessica
Sep 28, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gosh... I do like this series. So fun, refreshing, and a delight. The narrator really sells the dialogue and story. I'm already on to the next! Can I just say; I am so so so glad I discovered this series as a complete trilogy. Because the cliff hanger in this one- omg. I fortunately had the foresight to download number three before I finished this one.
Dee☾
Jun 20, 2015 Dee☾ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO MANY QUESTIONS!

This was really fun. I thought it was very entertaining and fun. I could do without Gideon giving me whiplash though, but it's okay. I still love him ♥
Gwen & Gideon ♥ it's happening!

My full review can be found here
Melissa Frye
May 17, 2012 Melissa Frye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
There are authors in this world who spoil readers. It’s true. You read a book and think there is no way this author can pull off another flawless novel and yet somehow they do it. Kerstin Gier is proving to be one of those authors.
Synopsis taken from Goodreads:

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their b
Does anyone know if this is being made into a movie? 192 2795 Apr 19, 2017 05:36AM
luv_hate21's Book...: Sapphire Blue 1 1 Mar 01, 2017 03:46PM
ENDING!!! SPOILERS!!! 17 211 Jul 31, 2016 10:54AM
Saphirblau Book vs. Movie 9 83 Oct 14, 2015 05:58PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Sapphire Blue, by Kerstin Gier - Restarting September 10th 2015 59 91 Sep 20, 2015 07:56PM
FANtastical Fiction: Sapphire Blue booktalk | July | Svetlana's pick 13 11 Jul 12, 2015 05:46PM
movie 2 37 Jul 04, 2015 02:32AM
  • Arkadien fällt (Arkadien, #3)
  • Der Kuss des Kjer
  • Lucian
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Canopy, #2)
  • Faunblut
  • Der Sturm (Das Tal Season 1, #3)
  • Scherbenmond (Splitterherz, #2)
  • Die goldene Brücke (Zeitenzauber, #2)
  • Die Verratenen (Die Verratenen, #1)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

More about Kerstin Gier...

Edelstein-Trilogie (3 books)
  • Rubinrot (Edelstein-Trilogie, #1)
  • Smaragdgrün (Edelstein-Trilogie, #3)

“-¿Hay algo que no sepas hacer?
-¡No! Puedes tomarme tranquilamente por un Dios.”
105 likes
“—Deberíamos recoger nuestras cosas —dijo Gideon finalmente—. Y deberías hacer algo urgente con tus cabellos; parece como si algún idiota se hubiera puesto a revolver en ellos con las dos manos y luego te hubiera tirado sobre un sofá… Sea quien sea el que nos espere sabrá que dos y dos son cuatro… Oh, por Dios, no me mires así.
—¿Cómo?
—Como si ya no pudieras moverte.
—Es que no puedo —dije en serio—. Soy un pudin. Me has transformado en un pudin.”
87 likes