Start by marking “Saphirblau (Edelstein Trilogie, #2)” as Want to Read:
Saphirblau (Edelstein Trilogie, #2)

Saphirblau (The Ruby Red Trilogy #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  30,312 ratings  ·  2,776 reviews
Frisch verliebt in die Vergangenheit, das ist vielleicht keine gute Idee. Das zumindest findet Gwendolyn, 16 Jahre alt, frisch gebackene Zeitreisende. Schließlich haben sie und Gideon ganz andere Probleme. Zum Beispiel die Welt zu retten. Oder Menuett tanzen zu lernen. (Beides nicht wirklich einfach!)
Als Gideon dann auch noch anfängt, sich völlig rätselhaft zu benehmen, wi
Published December 1st 2009 by Arena

Rubinrot by Kerstin GierSaphirblau by Kerstin GierSmaragdgrün by Kerstin GierMomo by Michael EndeThe Neverending Story by Michael Ende
Best German Authors
2nd out of 343 books — 496 voters
Ruby Red by Kerstin GierEmerald Green by Kerstin GierSaphirblau by Kerstin GierThe Clay Lion by Amalie JahnParallel Roads (Lost on Route 66) by Dennis Higgins
Best YA Travel time
3rd out of 128 books — 368 voters

More lists with this book...

Amy
Oh my gosh, do I really have to wait for OCTOBER for this book to be translated into English???? AHHH! I'm so excited. And I suppose by October I'll be stuck back in dinky Dayton so I'll have to wait even longer to get my hands on a copy.
^.^
Maybe I should just re-read Ruby Red...

Finished 12/28/12
*sigh*
So much potential. So, so much potential. Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to it.
The plot is still interesting. In fact, its creative and fun and quite enjoyable.
But the characters!
Oi.
The char
Shreya (CCReviews)
It’s hard to believe the number of bloggers and readers out there that haven’t heard about this wonderful young adult series. Ruby Red, the first book, brought to us an adventure that included time-traveling, secrets, carriages, evil barons, and a little bit of romance. Sapphire Blue continues on from there with double the trouble, triple the action, and quadruple the romance! The characters were once again, very engaging, and I had no problem with getting hooked into the story. Time-travel book ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I didn't really like this, it irritated the hell out of me. The heroine, Gwen, could have been a decent character had it not been for the ghastly romance and the vile love interest (the douche dick Gideon). Every time Gwen was near Gideon or thought about him (which was most of the time), I lost respect for her. She was weak, pathetic and desperate. He treated her like utter shit and the dumb bitch let him, she would be mad and upset when he acted like bastard but as soon as she saw him
Carie
Arghh.

I like this series, I do. WIth a few complaints. My biggest complaint is that it is a series, instead of a single book. Not much happened it the first and frankly not a whole lot happens in the second. I got SO (in all caps!) tired of no one telling Gwen anything. Eventually some things are revealed. Ish. But you shouldn't have to read 2 books in the series to start getting answers.

Yes, I'll read the next. As long as my complaints are duly noted.
Fenia
WOW!!! :O *forever crying* This book was just as great as the first one!!! I loved it. I laughed. I cried. Loved it. I'm so obsessed with this series!! Few spoilers ahead:

I loved the soiree and the singing? i laughed so hard in this scene!! Gwen drunk?? So funny!!! Gideon? Still in love with him..but he really pissed me off!! At the end though..well he does love her. right? he loves her. right?? right?? *crying again* I just can't with all the feels!!! My poor sweet Gwen is so miserable and hur
Cynn

Es que cada vez me gusta más esta trilogía.

En Saphirblau,la segunda parte de la trilogía Rubí,nos encontramos con una historia que comienza siendo algo predecible y pasa a ser absolutamente entretenida. A pesar de que sigo insistiendo que creo saber varias cosas que todavía no se revelaron se que no puedo juzgar al libro de predecible si todavía no se si en cierta forma, esto es así. Por esto mismo me centro en la historia de esta entrega y empiezo a reseñarla.

La historia es mucho más entreteni
Christine Riccio
Really enjoyed the book but, I have so many questions! Just posted my full book discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaZuuI... ! So excited for book 3!
Willinda
Nádherné. Jednoduše nádherné. Bude mi trvat opravdu hodně dlouho zbavit se toho připitomělého úsměvu, který mám od první stránky... :D
------------------------
Ještě před týdnem by vám šestnáctiletá Gwendolyn řekla, že je jí život relativně normální. Sice se její sestřenice učila všechno možné, aby mohla cestovat časem a pouze čekala, až se u ní konečně projeví časocestovací gen, její tetička s babičkou a vlastně velká část rodiny je mírně šílená a každý má nějaké to tajemství, ale pro Gwendolyn v
Melissa Frye
There are authors in this world who spoil readers. It’s true. You read a book and think there is no way this author can pull off another flawless novel and yet somehow they do it. Kerstin Gier is proving to be one of those authors.
Synopsis taken from Goodreads:

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their b
Danny
I give this one also a 4.5/5

Really enjoyed the second book in this trilogy :)

I especially love the addition of a pretty funny character was added in this book! I also found this book had quite a few funny moments that definitely made me laugh.

I do wish that they would resolve at least some issues in these books, so far its felt like the first two book we get bits and pieces of information but up to this moment there hasn't been too many revelations on whats going on. Which in a way has pushed me
Katrina
I know this should be a 4 star, judging by the storyline, world building and character development. But I just really love the idea of time-travel so much that I'm going to give this a 5 star. I'm really fascinated by the world in this book. It's not too complex or too graphic, it's actually simple. There's a family of time travelers and every generation, they get a time traveler in the family. The time travelers use a chronograph to control the instances they travel to a different time. It is s ...more
Regan
STILL SUPER FUN
Lily

La saga El amor más allá del tiempo me robó el corazón ya con la primera novela, Rubí (podéis leer mi reseña aquí), pero esta segunda entrega me ha gustado aún más que la primera, si eso es posible. Desde luego, se ha convertido en una de mis sagas favoritas y estoy deseando que salga Esmeralda para leer la conclusión de esta gran historia.

Zafiro comienza inmediatamente en donde se quedó Rubí, ¡vamos que empieza fuerte porque el final fue alucinante! Y los
Buse Güler
4.5
Allah rızası için biri üzerime son kitap olan Zümrüt Yeşil'i atsın. Ya ! Of ! Belirsizlikler içerisindeyim. Kafamda deli sorular. Bazı konular hakkında -Paul ve Lucy'nin neden Gwen ile bu kadar ilgilendiği gibi- az çok tahminim var. Ama bazı şeylerde çok havada kaldı. İkinci kitabı okudum ama hala birşey ortaya çıkmadı yani.
İlk bölüm ve son bölümün Lucy ve Paul tarafından yazılması güzeldi.
4 verecektim aslında ama ilk kitaptan bir tık daha iyi gibi geldi bana. Tasarım falan yine muhteşem zat
Audrey Webster
That was a mean cliff hanger.

I think I liked this one better than Ruby Red because of several reasons. One, now that we've gotten to know the world better there is more room for story and plot development and more places to throw in twists and turns. Two, Gideon and Gwen's relationship is at the moment of tension where they really don't know where to go from there but they both know how they feel. Three, we learn more about Lucy and Paul, but STILL DONT KNOW WHY THEY DID WHAT THEY DID. However,
Karissa
This is the second book in the Edelstein Trilogy by Gier. The third book is scheduled for a 2013 release. I got a copy of this book to review through the Amazon Vine program. It was a wonderful read; Gwen learns more about her time traveling gene and we get to learn more about the Guardians as a whole.

Gwen is trying to figure out all this time-traveling stuff and unravel some of the secrets behind the Circle of Twelve. Her partner in time-travel is the very hot and cold Gideon. Will Gwen be able
the golden witch.
Okay. Wow, was this one was definitely an improvement over book one! No middle book syndrome here, folks. There were some twists I definitely did not see coming (especially that cliffhanger!), and I genuinely enjoyed this book, as well as felt that Gier grew more as an author with "Sapphire Blue". Even if you might not have liked book one too much, I highly encourage you to give book two a try.

So, in a lot of ways, there's still a lot that's the same - Gwen and Gideon are still working for the G
Lennongirl
I really enjoy this trilogy. It's all so well thought out, you really feel how much work Kerstin Gier poured into this. Little tidbits from book one are explained now, and there's still so much open to be solved in the final part - and after everything has been so well thought out and logical until here, I'm very optimistic that the final part will be a good finish.

I enjoy the character and plot developments, there's a lot happening. I like how I gradually get to know the characters more and mor
Çavlan Erdost
83. sayfadaki türkçe çeviri: "Peggy büyük olasılıkla kız değil." Konuya uymadığını ve bu işte bir tuhaflık olduğunu düşündüğüm için kitabın ingilizcesinde aynı yere karşılık gelen cümleye baktım: "Maggie fancied girls." ("Maggie kızlardan hoşlanıyor" demek) Bu arada evet, isimler bile aynı değil, almancasını bulamadığım için orijinalinde hangi ismin geçtiğini bilmiyorum.

Bu cümle, karakterimizin sınıfındaki her kızın doğum kontrol hapı kullandığını anlattığı, kullanmayan sadece birkaç kız olduğu
Vicky
Ruby Red was okay, but Saphire Blue was just meh. My main problems with this book were
- The waste of potential and pages. I didn't enjoy the Gwen/Gideon-story at all, I thought it was cheesy and ridiculous, especially if you keep in mind that the whole story takes places over the course of about a week, which makes the Instalove even more facepalm-worthy. I would have loved to read more about the concept of time travelling and Gwen experiencing different time periods to a fuller extent.
- Gwen b
Maria Kaye
**5 stars**

My thoughts

So far I'm loving this series, I thought the book was even better than the first since things are finally taking off. One thing that really bothered me was that the time span of the books are so short? I mean 2 books that describe events that happen within a month? Ish. Plus the fact that the author is dragging on the "secret" of the circle closing is really annoying. So far we haven't progressed plot wise (my opinion). Nonetheless I really enjoyed the tension between Gide
snowplum
GR doesn't give me the option to review the English language version specifically, but in case it matters, I read this in English, which is my first language.

But when it comes to reviewing it, I don't have all that much to say about Sapphire Blue. If you read my review of book 1, Ruby Red, you'll see that I thought it was a set up for a potentially interesting series, despite being totally unsatisfying on its own. I don't think Sapphire Blue does enough to move the trilogy along.

Performing some
Melissa Railey
I've had this book sitting in my TBR pile for a while. I had pre-ordered immediately after finishing Ruby Red because I simply could not wait to see what happened next. Then, the book came in and I just never got to it. I finally picked Sapphire Blue up one evening this week because I wanted to read something "easy" for a few minutes before going to bed. Four hours later, I was putting the book down after reading the entire thing. Yeah, it happens.

This book picks up directly after Ruby Red and
Salymar
This initial part is ‘sort-of’ a rage of the reviewer rather than a bookreview (but she will proceed with it sooner or later)

I decided to read the Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier for the sake of resuscitating my taste and admiration of “Time-Travel” themed novels which was completely destroyed by the novel Time Traveler’s Wife. I remember detesting it because it was dull and senselessly complicated.

Anyways, compared to the Time Traveler’s Wife, this book is not as much as popular BUT just like
Allie
Reading through the reviews over this book on Goodreads, I find I may be the only one not in love with this book. On the contrary, I was very frustrated with it, for a lot of reasons. I'll definitely go into them--my frustration bubbles even now--but to be fair, I'll list some of the highlights, because this was still entirely an engrossing read and not the worst I've read.

First off, the concept. Oh, boy, how I do love myself some time travel and mystery, and this novel is chock-full! I deeply e
Diana R.
Ay estos libros que no me duran nada y no hacen sino dejarme con muchas, muchas, muchas ganas de leer el siguiente libro. La verdad es que ni el primero fue lo que esperaba, en realidad ni recuerdo que esperaba porque con lecturas que superan con creces las espectativas se te olvida todo lo demás.

En esta segunda parte de la trilogía encontraremos más de todo, sin duda más romance, pero también más acción. El desarrollo de la trama se vuelve conflictivo y mientras Gwen sufre por Gideon nosotros s
Paulina Odeth
Me quiero volver chango! (Ahí voy yo otra vez con mis coloridas expresiones) Que buen libro! Es que... es que... no puedo siquiera decir nada!! Es que Gideon!!!... y Gwen!! Y la tonta cisañosa de Charlotte... pero sobre todo Gideon y Gwen, y luego el prologo!!! Ese prologo si casi me mata, aunque ya estaba muerta en la ultima escena de G&G.

Me encanto el libro, muchisisisisisismo mas que el anterior, pero no quiero decir nada por los sporilers Pero ame el libro, incluso el final que me hizo
Julissa Batista
Me sigue encantando esta historia! :)

Aunque ya entiendo los comentarios de las personas que creen que es un solo libro dividido en tres, porque en realidad llego al final sin siquiera darme cuenta!.. sumergida en el libro y es que es muy fácil de leer, y como solo pasan varios días en la historia uno no siente que avanza mucho.

A pesar del poco avance, los viajes al pasado siguen siendo interesantes, los personajes e historias que se suman también! Me gustó mucho el final! jeje
Y me fascinan los p
Does anyone know if this is being made into a movie? 134 1713 Apr 28, 2015 04:10PM
Read-along: Sapphire Blue | Safira 216 52 Apr 26, 2015 08:17AM
ENDING!!! SPOILERS!!! 16 159 Mar 14, 2015 11:39PM
Saphirblau Book vs. Movie 2 42 Mar 08, 2015 04:10AM
Novel Books &...: Gier, Kerstin - Sapphire Blue (The Ruby Red Trilogy #2) - Informal Buddy Read; Starts January 4, 2015 50 172 Feb 02, 2015 03:10AM
Gideon and Gwyneth or Gideon and Charlotte? 76 630 Jan 27, 2015 06:43PM
movie 1 23 Jan 16, 2015 09:17AM
  • Arcadia Burns (Arcadia, #2)
  • Lucian
  • Der Kuss des Kjer
  • Die Verratenen (Die Verratenen, #1)
  • Faunblut
  • Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Canopy, #2)
  • Türkisgrüner Winter (Kirschroter Sommer, #2)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • Everlasting: Der Mann, der aus der Zeit fiel
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Mirror, #3)
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

More about Kerstin Gier...

The Ruby Red Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)
  • Smaragdgrün (Edelstein Trilogie, #3)
Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) Smaragdgrün (Edelstein Trilogie, #3) Dream a Little Dream (The Silver Trilogy, #1) Silber: Das zweite Buch der Träume (Silber, #2) Für jede Lösung ein Problem

“-¿Hay algo que no sepas hacer?
-¡No! Puedes tomarme tranquilamente por un Dios.”
94 likes
“—Deberíamos recoger nuestras cosas —dijo Gideon♥♥♥ finalmente—. Y deberías hacer algo urgente con tus cabellos; parece como si algún idiota se hubiera puesto a revolver en ellos con las dos manos y luego te hubiera tirado sobre un sofá… Sea quien sea el que nos espere sabrá que dos y dos son cuatro… Oh, por Dios, no me mires así.
—¿Cómo?
—Como si ya no pudieras moverte.
—Es que no puedo —dije (Gwen) en serio—. Soy un pudin. Me has transformado en un pudin.....(Zafiro)”
77 likes