Start by marking “Illusions (Wings, #3)” as Want to Read:
Illusions (Wings, #3)

Illusions (Wings #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  23,893 ratings  ·  1,515 reviews
"I don't do patrols, I don't go hunting, I just stick close to you. You live your life. I'll keep you safe," Tamani said, sweeping a lock of hair from her face. "Or die trying."

Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Lau
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 375 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Illusions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illusions

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
26th out of 1,164 books — 6,923 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
37th out of 1,221 books — 6,933 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Okay everybody, say it with me..... T-A-M-A-N-I!!!!!!!!!

May 3rd
After finishing the Hunger Games series, I didn't think there would be another series I could get excited about so quickly. I cannot wait for April 8, 2011 when the third book in the Wings series will come out! Laurel, please pick Tamani!!

A few months later...
So now the release date is May 3, 2011. A month later? Boo.

UPDATE AFTER READING...
Love reading the next book in the Wings series. I think Spells was more enchanting, but I still love the continuing story in Illusions.

PS - Loved page 236! :)
Annabelle Marie Veronica
UPDATE:

*****WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS*****

I read it! And, honestly, while I'd normally rate it probably a three or a four, I'm giving it a five because of the lovely, wonderful, perfect romance between Laurel and Tamani. Finally! Pages 233-236 and 315-318 are my FAVORITES. :)

Honestly, I didn't like Yuki at all. She annoyed almost to death. Could. Not. Stand. Her. Clearly, she had some serious issues, and throughout the book, I could not bring myself to like her. At all. I re
Melannie :)
There might be SPOILERS I don't know I'm just too upset to notice.

For the first half things were happening so I was excited, but I don't know, I read WINGS the first book in the series, back when it came out, and I loooved it. I thought the idea was very cool. And it became one of my favorite series.

But a lot of time has passed since I read that book, and now I know better than to fall for anything.

This book was a quick read, quicker than book 2 at least.
Laurel was happy with David, she was con
Bethany
I can't wait until this book comes out...I am having a hard time fully trusting David after Spells...and I am not certain....but could Tam be getting ready to become part of Laurel's "human" world?!? The possibilities are never ending!! Like I said...I so can't wait until this book comes out!!

***Okay...so I just read the first chpt posted by Aprilynne and I am SO excited about this book....I'm not sure I could be any more excited!! Plus it's release date is May 3rd.....just in time for my birthd
Ashley
TAMANI FOREVER!!!!!!!!! Laurel better choose TAMANI, NOT DAVID!!!!!!!
don't get me wrong i like david but there's just sothing about tamani thats just mmmmm :) so please Aprilynne Pike have her choose Tamani <3 :)
********************************************************
Zainab Asma
david best get dumped. I am so sick of the humans always getting the good end of the stick.
She has to pick Tamani.
Tess
I have one word for this book.

Filler.

That’s all it was. Pure filler. Let me explain it to you:

There are 36 chapters in this book. Chapter 1 to 34 are devoted to the love triangle between Laurel, her human boyfriend David and fairy guardian Tamani. In other words, that’s 34 chapters of “should I choose this boy or that boy”, with no resolution at the end of it, I kid you not. Chapter 34 to 36 finally gives us a plot and some action, before it abruptly finishes in a.. yes, you guessed it right, a
Nic
Aug 03, 2010 Nic marked it as to-read
She better pick Tamanai:)
Brianna
I made it about ten pages in and I gave up. Not even through the first chapter and Laurel starts being her usual obnoxious self. Ten pages in and she whines about how she wants to make out with Tamani and it's ALL HIS FAULT she finds it hard to stay true to David. It's ALL HIS FAULT he holds her and wants more. It's ALL HIS FAULT Laurel is a bad girlfriend. Everything is ALL SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT because God forbid Laurel actually acts responsibly and selflessly.

Now, I'm sure a lot of people woul
Steph Sinclair

Actual rating: 2.5 stars

After reading Spells I have to admit I was not excited to read Illusions. I thought Wings was unique and offered a different spin of your typical Fey story, but Spells fell short for me. However, I'm happy to say, I did enjoy Illusions much better.

We begin with Laura at the beginning of senior year of high school. She is attempting to lead a normal life despite the troll attacks from the last book. Right from the start this book kicked off with Tamani enrolling as a fore
Gemma
And here I thought this series was actually improving.

Wings was a weak opener for the series, with too many resemblances to Twilight to be original or mind blowing and too many character holes to be entertaining or enjoyable. I felt that Laurel was a weak, complaining and arrogant heroine, and the components of the love triangle—David and Tamani—were too perfect to be considered real (I think I read somewhere that the author based them both off of her ideal vision of a guy, complete with the fla
Sandy
4/5 of this book is love triangle drama. Laurel is one of the most annoying, whiny, selfish heroines in all of YA.

Can I just say, I've read three mediocre books now waiting for a certain moment between two characters, and all I got was a couple of paragraphs. Talk about a letdown.

This series should not have been dragged out to four books. I've been sticking around for Tamani, but after Illusions, I'm done. (Okay, almost done. I'll probably skim #4 for all things Tamani, but that's it.)
Joost
Ik kreeg niet de ILLUSIE dat dit boek heel leuk was. Flauwe woordgrappen, dit is al de derde vandaag. Maar goed, dit boek vond ik niet zo geweldig. Lees mijn recensie waarom: http://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie/...
Sarah H.
I'm really curious in what Tamani's up to. Maybe he's going to live among the humans: going to her school maybe? i dunno,but that last chapter made me want to scream!!! LOL Oh Tamani what are u up to????
Meaghan
*If you have not read Wings or Spells, this may contain spoilers*

Here we are book three in this series and we have picked up pretty much where we left off. Laurel has settled into the world of high school teenage normalcy and her and David are still going strong. That is until Tamani shows up and her feelings become jumbled once more. I have to say I am completely bias here, I am not going to even pretend to think Laurel should end up with David, I think she should be with Tamani. In the past tw
Amy Louise
Amazing! Couldn't put it down from the moment I started reading it =] The only thing stopping me from giving a 5/5 is the fact that Laurel STILL HASN'T chosen Tamani or David and the whole love triangle is just getting annoying and getting on my nerves(I wish she would just pick Tam). What a cliff-hanger! Wow, seriously can't wait to read the next book. Just wish it was out sooner!
Ana
How I love to laugh at these books.
Erica (daydreamer)
Well, for the most part I really liked it. After the disappointment of Spells, I was very wary of how well I'd like this book. I enjoyed the world of fearies and trolls that Pike created, (as I did in the previous books) and I like Laurel's roll of Mixer, and how Pike explained the biology makeup of the mixing and such. So I was intrigued with the story. But I DID NOT LIKE THE ROMANCE. I am so sick of it, this stupid love triangle that Laurel refuses to get out of. I was sick of it in Spells, an ...more
Caitlin
Colleen Houck
What the cliffhanger ending! Love the development of Tamani's character. So curious about what is going on with the trolls. Starting next book immediately.
Book Chatter-Cath
From the very first page I was enthralled.
And it all seems so perfect-Laurel is with David, her best friend Chelsea is happy with her boyfriend Ryan, and they're seniors in high school.
I was tingling with anticipation. What could go wrong? When would the excitement begin? Where was Tamani?
I needn't have worried because guess who showed up before the end of the third page? Tamani.
Tamani. Tamani. Tamani.
I am totally, completely, eternally, in complete and utter love with Tamani!!
At every turn of t
Rachel
Mar 30, 2011 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
Laurel was worried she had sent him away forever, her protector and “impish guardian.” She thought she might never again see the love that burned for her in his emerald green eyes.

But never in a million years did she imagine she’d see him standing in the hallway at her school, dressed like every other student in a T-shirt and jeans…and wearing shoes.

With Tamani’s reappearance things are definitely bound to get more complicated. Just because she chose David does not mean that Tamani is willing to
Gigi Hudson
Tamani all the way baby!

*edit*
Loved it. Waaaay better than the last one. So glad there was more Tamani in this one.
And she stopped being so whiney halfway through as well.
Still want David to be killed off though.
Melissa Guthrie
Jul 16, 2010 Melissa Guthrie marked it as to-read
I just read your blog that you are 50 pages into book 4...why the wait for #3 then :o( There is nothing worse than waiting!! Alas, I will.
Julie
Nov 14, 2011 Julie added it
Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to read this! Tamani for the win! The excerpt she posted on her blog is driving me bonkers.
Luna
Jun 15, 2010 Luna added it
oh my god! There's going to be a third! I haven't even started the second! I so need to hurry.
Freadom Booktube (Sara)
Critically
Plot - 4 out of 5 stars
Definitely enjoyed this one more. It was a lot more exciting. There was more magic, intrigue, twists and turns, some drama and a crazy cliffhanger that left me with my jaw open.
Writing Style - 3 out of 5 stars
Very simple and dry. It's engaging with the reader but it needs a lot more descriptions. I feel like I'm scrambling to figure out how things look like and how things are placed in the different settings. Not my favorite really.
Characters - 3.5 out of 5 st
Katie
Apr 17, 2011 Katie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: arcs
To be brutally honest, I didn’t really dive into this book with high expectations. I was kind of put off by the first two, and only gave this one a chance to see what Tamani was planning at the end of Spells. But I was pleasantly surprised.

Most of the things that bother me about this series are still there, like Laurel’s back and forth feelings with David and Tamani and a new one that really got me to me: Laurel’s anger at either one of the boys for feeling jealousy. (They’re both in love with y
Izzy
When I received this in the mail, I hadn't read the previous books in the series, so I got Wings and Spells from the library and began to read. Wings didn't impress me too much, but I found Spells to be an improvement and so, with uncertain expectations, I started ILLUSIONS. I liked it even better than Spells, but it still didn't turn my world upside down.

Laurel bothered me a lot in this book. She was mad at David for being jealous of Tamani, but she kissed the guy. David had good reason to be j
Team Tamani or team David? Why? 46 110 Apr 08, 2015 09:00AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count. Ilusiones 3 15 Dec 11, 2014 11:18AM
Why is this book called illusions? 7 35 Sep 15, 2013 06:37AM
do you think Laurel shoud have confronted with Tamanin and David at the scene where they fought ? 1 12 Jul 01, 2013 08:40PM
Should Laurel pick David or Tamani? 21 72 Jul 01, 2013 08:30PM
Dirty Chore Club: Drama... almost. 1 5 Sep 03, 2012 12:59PM
Is there a fourth book? 7 28 Feb 11, 2012 02:50PM
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Endure (Need, #4)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Silver Frost (Frost, #3)
  • The Charmed Return (Faerie Path, #6)
  • Faerie Winter (Bones of Faerie, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Rebel (Faery Rebels, #2)
  • Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • The Hidden (The Hollow, #3)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
2096360
Aprilynne Pike has been spinning faerie stories since she was a child with a hyper-active imagination. At the age of twenty she received her BA in Creative Writing from Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. When not writing, Aprilynne can usually be found at the gym; she also enjoys singing, acting, reading, and working with pregnant moms as a childbirth educator and doula. Aprilynne curre ...more
More about Aprilynne Pike...

Wings (4 books)
  • Wings (Wings, #1)
  • Spells (Wings, #2)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
Wings (Wings, #1) Spells (Wings, #2) Destined (Wings, #4) Earthbound (Earthbound, #1) Life After Theft

12 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“I'm not asking for forever," Tamani said. "Yet. I'm just asking for a moment.” 234 likes
“As far as her mom was concerned, tea fixed everything. Have a cold? Have some tea. Broken bones? There's a tea for that too. Somewhere in her mother's pantry, Laurel suspected, was a box of tea that said, 'In case of Armageddon, steep three to five minutes'.” 202 likes