Start by marking “A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)

A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My! #1)

Book one in the Vampires & Mages & Werewolves Oh My! Series Valerian stole Raine's blood, his magic...and his heart. What's a vampire to do when every day is the same old dull quest for blood? Head to Maui, of course. But before Valerian can hit the beach, he needs to get rid of the sultry mage seducing him in his sleep. She may have fooled his subconscious, but he ...more
Published October 26th 2009 by Total e-Bound (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Pint Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pint Light

Promises by Marie SextonAll Play and No Work by Carol LynneCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldSins of the Heart by Allison CassattaDear Diary by Allison Cassatta
GayRomLit Retreat Authors-2011
41st out of 112 books — 61 voters
9th Life by Wendy BeckThe Forgotten by Wendy BeckWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWith Love by J.L. Langley
Yummy Weres
36th out of 55 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

Betryal
Jun 28, 2010 Betryal rated it it was amazing
Great balls of mages and vamps! I mean wow. I had to take a few minutes out of my more than busy as fawk schedule to comment on how much I enjoyed this short 40 page story. Not only was it a refreshingly short one compared to all the long novels I've been beating up my brain cells with, but it HOT. Not just the characters involved, but the brief storyline, the actions of the characters steams the room and the added mix of comedy keeps an excellent balance with the whole combination. I'm heading ...more
Serena Yates
Jun 30, 2010 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
This was so much fun to read, I want to read it again and again. The only thing better than that would be - a sequel! Or two or three.

These guys, Val, the vampire, and Raine, the immortal mage, are such a great mix between cute, emotionally clueless, brave, and funny that I was either laughing at their antics, yelling at them to get a clue, or about to cry because they came THAT close to missing the signals they were giving to the other.

Devon, I hope you read this and WRITE A SEQUEL ASAP! :-)
Carole
Nov 28, 2009 Carole rated it really liked it
A Pint Light is a short story with a lot of promise. I really liked the story, I really liked the characters, I really like Devon Rhodes' writing style.

So why did I not rate it 5 stars? Well... I felt like I'd been through a whirlwind when I finished reading. So much world-building, so much characterization, so much back-story, so much description.... all in such a short story. There's enough material here for a wonderful full length novel. I felt like I had whiplash just keeping track of the fo
Diane
Nov 21, 2009 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, horror
A Pint Light is a short story with a lot of promise. It is about a vampire who experiences his first attraction to a man when he meets a male mage who could potentially be his life mate.

The author incorporates a full story arc with four characters and a great deal of world building into only 40 pages of text. To me it almost read like a synopsis of a full length novel. I liked most elements in the story, but just wished they had been explored in more depth and at a slower pace.

This story has a
Kathy
Feb 26, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Devon Rhodes's short story about a vampire and his mate, who was unexepectedly male.

It's funny, sweet, sexy and it's a wonderful short story that I would've loved to read for much longer.

There were some really intriguing constructs in this world shared by Vampires and Mages... and I'm really hoping that we will be taken back to this world. I'd love to see a lot more of Val and Raine, but there's also Killian and Brianne. Just more would be wonderful.
Tara
Valerian, is a vampire and one of the currently in the running to receive his mage life-mate. Raine is said mage and potential life-mate.

This is the first and the series and really the story is confusing and contrived. You seem to get just enough information of factions and power to be confused and there are some things that are never really explained. Plus to read the blurb this story sound much different. As in a lot of the things mentioned have already happened by the time the story starts an
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.75*
The blurb made it sound more interesting and more conflicted than it actually is.
The world building was sketchy and not clear enough, but that may be because it's the first in the series, but this was just too short and 'light' to be memorable.
I'll read the second one and hope that it gets better.
(view spoiler)
Kati
Apr 17, 2011 Kati rated it it was ok
This is basically a mushy PWP with little to no world-building. By the end of this short e-book, the reader has no idea how this world operates, if magic is known to everyone or not, why vampires can walk freely in the sun... Nothing. Less sex, more background info and plotting would've been appreciated.
Jade Archer
Jul 08, 2010 Jade Archer rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed A Pint Light, by Devon Rhodes. It was a well written tale with excellent wordsmithing, interesting characters and an intriguing plot that kept me hooked right to the end. Val, the discontented, slightly jaded vampire, and Raine, the fiery little mage whose deperation drives him into Val's arms were great characters to read about. The fact that Val has never previously considered a male lover was an interesting twist and it only got better from there.

Without giving to much away,
Fehu
Jan 04, 2013 Fehu rated it really liked it
Rating: ,5
It's too short to give it more than 3,5stars, only 40 pages to tell a good story just made it appear rushed.

Val, a vampire is having erotic dreams of a mage and than to his surprise this mage not only turns out to be male but he also wants to bond with Val.
There is some misunderstanding, fast resolved and you feel like you are missing some parts, when you start reading. The history of this bonding ceremonies is pretty brief. While I like Devons writing, this one left me a bit wanting,
Bookbee
Great little short that is a lead-in to a series. At 46 pages on my e-reader, there was just enough to catch my interest and make me want to read the next book! And it was well and humorously written!
Chris
Jun 26, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Enjoyable paranormal m/m romance about a vampire who's expected to mate with a mage and is somewhat surprised to discover the mage is male.
Dee
Oct 22, 2014 Dee rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Quite frankly i think giving this a two is slightly generous but...

This story is too short to even be considered a real story. Nothing happens but some humping and then some sex right and the very end.

And when i say nothing? Literally nothing. The drama wasn't even really drama considering how quickly it was fixed.

I have to say though that i was really excited to read the sequel and find out more about these two characters considering the fact that i knew nothing about them..only to find out th
Bookwatcher
Blood Slave by Kim Dare <--- Blood Slave by Kim Dare

Heart Bond by Gwendolyn Cease <-----Heart Bond by Gwendolyn Cease

This authors did an anthology? That's why they have the same identical cover?
if so someone can tell me which anthology is? I would love to read it.

Thanks
JL Lucaban
Feb 16, 2016 JL Lucaban rated it it was amazing
There's this question, 'What did you think?'

Well here's my answer:

It was way too good and I loved it way too much but it was way too short. Goodness, I have to dream it up tonight, make something up as a continuation.
Wende
May 29, 2014 Wende rated it liked it
Shelves: vamps, witches, m-m
Very short story.
blub
Jun 27, 2012 blub rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-paranormal
The story was interesting but I found Raine to be a bit annoying and it kind of took some of the joy out of reading the story. I kind of wished it was longer so that there was more world development and character building.
Nene
Too short! :( But a really cute little story. I liked the pairing, but needed more for it to get a higher rating. It was too much like a summary of what could have been a longer, drawn out story.
Asteropê
I liked it, but I wish is was longer and more fleshed out. The second half was a bit abrupt and tied together quickly. Given more length, it would have been better.
Noor
Apr 06, 2013 Noor rated it it was amazing
it was so so cute i would have loved it if it was longer... however even if it was short it was great =)
Jeliee Maye
Nov 20, 2013 Jeliee Maye rated it really liked it
too short.... huhu... but it's a good read nonetheless!!!! XD
CB
Sep 03, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
A fun, short story and the first in sexy series.
Amanda
Nov 23, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
A very cute short story. :D
Kieri
Mar 31, 2013 Kieri rated it really liked it
Short but sweet.
Mizty Hines
Mizty Hines marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
R
R marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Timi Sandor
Timi Sandor marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Arabella
Arabella marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
  • Diamond in the Shade 1
  • My Heart is Within You (Triquetra, #1)
  • My Vampire Lover (My Vampire and I, #2)
  • Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Saving Valor (Fanged Love #1)
  • Blood Slave
  • Reborn in Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #8)
  • Bite (Bite, #1)
  • An Unnatural Worth
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Laid (Laid, #1)
  • The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)
  • Vamp Camp (Vamp Camp, #1)
  • Dracul's Blood (Dracul's Revenge, #1)
  • Notturno (The Hours Trilogy #1)
  • Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3)
I have always had my nose in a book and my head in the clouds!
Now I'm finally doing what I love as a career.
When I'm not lost in my imagination, you can find me in beautiful Oregon and at:

My Website: http://www.devonrhodes.com/
My Blog: http://devonrhodes.blogspot.com/
Blog with TA Chase: http://devoandtata.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/devon.rhodes
More about Devon Rhodes...

Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My! (3 books)
  • Through the Red Door (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #2)
  • Locke, Stock and Barrel (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My! #3)