The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  13 reviews
After half a century of widespread speculation about UFOs and abductions by aliens, a distinguished historian reveals why aliens have come, and exposes their frightening plans for planet Earth. It is a disturbing picture of aliens integrating themselves into our society and relegating humans to an inferior status.

The result of three decades of research, this book answers s

Published January 15th 1998 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Threat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Threat

Elizabeth
Feb 08, 2008 Elizabeth rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of UFO stories
Recommended to Elizabeth by: David London
Shelves: alien-abduction
It sounds interesting, and it was recommended to me from a writer in Hawaii. I'm going to write erotic SF/alien abduction erotica for his new web site. I'm looking forward to starting this book. It's supposedly based on fact. A psychologist hypnotizes people who claims they have been abducted by aliens, and he reports on what they told him. I will use this book as a jumping point for my erotic paranormal/alien fiction.

UPDATE: I finished the book. It was a bit long-drawn-out, but I enjoyed it. Th...more
Richards Cw
The Threat is the most creative book I have ever read and my personal favorite. Regardless of how you feel about the subject, Jacobs, demonstrates a strong thesis and backs it up with loads of clear support. Simply Amazing Non-Fiction.
Salman
"The Threat" focuses on the Alien Agenda as well as the UFO Phenomenon. The book is written in a tone that may seem humorous to those who are not completely open to the idea of extraterrestrials living outside of our own planet.

The book was a good read, especially because of the many real stories and encounters given within the book and how the author (an experienced person in the field) places the individuals under hypnosis in order to get more vivid descriptions of each event.

The book is very...more
J.E. Turcotte
Well... that was creepy. At first, reading a previous book by this author, I thought he might be leading his hypnotees... and yet, they kept contradicting him, which I found puzzling, too. He went on in both the previous and this book to explain that, and it sounds reasonable to me. That he's only using content that is being repeated (confirmed?) from myriad abductees helps solidify the plausibility as well. To that end, his conclusions in THIS book are a little disturbing. I still think there i...more
Lucy Troke
thoroughly enjoyed the book. u have to get to know the alien subject before u jump straight into reading this book. cos he goes far out with his conclusions what he thinks. but I love it how he makes it clear its not all made up by hoaxes and the hypnotists aren't planting the ideas into there patients head, tells how u can avoid this. very good insight into the subject would warn you though by the end of it all...... your guna find it hard to sleep!! and even harder to take it all in. not for t...more
Read for an American folklore class at Penn. Terrifying book as you're reading it, terrifying book if you believe it, the thing is....I don't. But HE does. Professor Jacobs, at the time (I believe still?) a professor at Temple University, came to speak to my class. He honestly and truly believes that we are doomed.

It is a good read for those who enjoy The Mothman Prophecies etc. for those who are willing to suspend disbelief and read it as nonfiction, or those who are willing to read it as horr...more
Ned Leffingwell
Mar 04, 2012 Ned Leffingwell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Conspiracy nuts
This book was not what I expected. The author states that aliens are using humans for a breeding program. His evidence is based on testimony that he obtained from abductees. I think that something happened to those people but I just don't know about the breeding thing. I would have liked to read more about the physical evidence of abductions. The author mentioned it but didn't spend a lot of time on it.
Neida
An interesting book. While a relatively short book, this is an in-depth look at the alien abduction phenomena. The author concentrates on several cases and goes into quite a bit of detail for some of the cases. Some of the descriptions of the alleged abductees are chilling, some make no sense, but overall this is a compelling read.
Chelsea
Jul 24, 2008 Chelsea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those not afraid to question the world around them
Recommended to Chelsea by: Jamie SLCBC
Shelves: read-crypto
This book is a trip. I don't recommend it to everyone seeing as it is a non-fiction. I'd say it might be a little scary for people who aren't rooted and are afraid to question the world around them. Fun book, however, for the rest of us and even more fun when traveling. Watch out!
Phillip
extremely fascinating and intriguing.There have been too many reports of abductions worldwide to ignore the possibility.Great reading for those who have had these experiences,in helping them to make sense of such experiences,and to help them understand what may have happened to them.
Michael
Interesting conclusions on the "alien" abduction phenomenon. The author highlights the situation as having negative consequences for the abductees and subscribes to a belief that the agenda behind it will have detrimental consequences for humanity.
Nik
truly mind blowing. this book is not easy to digest and to me these are the facts. Detailed somewhat and very disturbing.
Mh8000
Beginning is a bit boring, but to the end the book is chilling.
Eveonie Bacusa
Eveonie Bacusa marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Terra
Terra added it
May 21, 2014
Craig Berry
Craig Berry marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Secret Life: Firsthand, Documented Accounts of Ufo Abductions UFOs and Abductions: Challenging the Borders of Knowledge The Ufo Controversy in America Alien Complot Alien Encounters: Firsthand Accounts Of Ufo Abductions