Start by marking “Banish Boring Words!: Dozens of Reproducible Word Lists for Helping Students Choose Just-Right Words to Strengthen Their Writing” as Want to Read:

This must-have collection of 40+ word lists is packed with synonym choices for the most commonly overused words, such as good and said, as well as dozens of options for strong verbs, smooth transitions, and sensory and emotion words. A quick-reference guide for teachers and students to use during writing lessons and for independent work. For use with Grades 4-8.
Published May 1st 2009 by Scholastic Teaching Resources (Teaching (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Banish Boring Words!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banish Boring Words!

Clearlyclaire
Mar 02, 2015 Clearlyclaire rated it it was amazing
A truly exceptional book that helps everyone (not just children or students) become a better writer. It is very well organized and easy to use. I was a small-group reading leader for reluctant readers- 4th grade. This small group of kids used to write their paragraphs and their stories and regularly grab this book to find something "juicier" for their work. We ended up getting several more copies because other kids wanted to use the book too. What a difference it made to their writing. I've foun ...more
Jan 30, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
I found this reproducible book to be a great resource to use when teaching to my 7th and 8th grade students. At the time, I was instructing a creative writing class to remedial pupils who needed a bank of interesting words for their work. The usage of the book, through its organization of a numerous variety of words (conjunctions, action verbs, adjectives, connecting words, etc.), allowed them to add pizzazz to their short boring sentences and increase their vocabulary usage and knowledge. The s ...more
Alex
Apr 22, 2014 Alex rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. I bought it a few years ago to help me with my writing skills. I didn't really pay attention that its probably for a younger audience but still helped me none the less. This is great especially if you want to brush up on your grammar skills.
Karey White
Feb 02, 2012 Karey White rated it really liked it
Great little reference book.
Point Isiiz
Point Isiiz marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Cristin
Cristin rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Kiki Li
Kiki Li rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2016
Suzanne Filbey
Suzanne Filbey rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Wendy Sue Kreider
Wendy Sue Kreider rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
jean carroll
jean carroll rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Georgina
Georgina rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2016
Savannah Morrell
Savannah Morrell rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Nizamuddin Akhtar
Nizamuddin Akhtar rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Victoria Guadagno
Victoria Guadagno rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Bridget
Bridget rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Pizza Is
Pizza Is is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2016
Dianne Matthews
Dianne Matthews rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Chad David
Chad David rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
RuthAnn Lane
RuthAnn Lane rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Katie Fulnecky
Katie Fulnecky rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Josh Lockhart
Josh Lockhart marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Puresky
Puresky marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Marybeth
Marybeth is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2015
Bronson Laureiro
Bronson Laureiro marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015