Start by marking “Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls #3)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  55,299 Ratings  ·  2,218 Reviews
When Cammie “The Chameleon” Morgan visits her roommate Macey in Boston, she thinks she’s in for an exciting end to her summer break. After all, she’s there to watch Macey’s father accept the nomination for vice president of the United States. But when you go to the world’s best school (for spies), “exciting” and “deadly” are never far apart. Cammie and Macey soon find them ...more
Audio CD, Unabridged, 8 pages
Published June 9th 2009 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, please sign up.

A Yes, it does. This one doesn't happen to have too much. The two previous books had more.
Alyssa 12+ It's a great read for tweens/teens.

Lola  Reviewer
''Sometimes people run... to see if you'll come after them.''

In book one, we see the girls opening themselves to the outside world.

In book two, we see the girls opening their hearts.

In this book, we see the girls opening their eyes to face danger.

Things are getting serious.

When someone tries to kidnap Macey, a fellow spy student at the Gallagher Academy, everything changes for the Gallagher girls.

The girls are growing up. They’re becoming more mature and more focused. It can easily be said tha
Tricia
Jan 01, 2010 Tricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: action/adventure/romance people
Ally Carter is a great writer and this book just proves it. She weaves in the new mysteries and includes some old ones too, just to tie all of the books together. Once it comes down to the final showdown, I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the characters (spies or not) included in the battle. This series is fantastic, and I definitely recomend this book
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
REREAD: July 27, 2015

I WAS INNOCENT ONCE.

Initial Read: January 22, 2015

I ship Solomon with Abby a lot.
and I also ship Macey and Preston. That's the only update, I could ever give you.
Y
Nikki
Feb 11, 2009 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished the galley for this book last week and I really enjoyed it. I think each book could have more in it though. I'm not sure what I mean about more, but the books are spread out too far and are too forgettable that if there was more to it, I wouldn't have to spend the first few chapters trying to remember what happened in the last book. Maybe it needs more action or more missions or something. That being said, I always enjoy the books when I am reading them and this one is no different. I ...more
Bebe Haase
Jun 29, 2016 Bebe Haase rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bebe by: My Sister
These are super quick and easy and just so amazing. I know I have said that a million times before but it is true. They just such a fun element to it that I can't explain.

This book is also great for people who are in book slumps. They are super fun and quirky and you can easily get lost in the world of the Gallagher Girls.

I still love Zach.

xoxo,
Bebe
Briana
Jan 06, 2009 Briana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I hope I can wait for this book to come out. I am sooooooooooo excited! Ally Carter is a great writer, and everyone should read the Gallagher Girls series.
Mafi
Dec 01, 2015 Mafi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, pt, 2015
Não estava nada nos meus planos ler esta série agora mas estou meio que viciada!
"Quem vê caras não vê espiões" teve o papel difícil de começar a grande estória que é desenvolvida até ao final do último livro. Aqui a vida de Cammie complica-se ao ponto de quererem matá-la! Também são introduzidas novas personagens como o Preston que aqui mesmo não tendo grande relevância, certamente tem o seu destaque nos últimos livros da série. É engraçado como a autora consegue explorar todas as personagens e
Stephanie
Jun 11, 2009 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I swear, this series gets better and better. So I definitely wasn't disappointed with Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover.

The plot gets more interesting and it definitely has more action. I mean, a kidnapping attempt on the daughter of the governor, soon-to-be, VP of the US? Yea, action packed novel for sure. And not only is there an kidnapping attempt, who are the people behind it? And who exactly are they trying to kidnap?

The characters are definitely more well-defined. Cammie seems to be a lot mo
Rita Carvalho
Feb 15, 2015 Rita Carvalho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, these books are truly amazing, I never get bored because there's always something happening and a lot to figure out. To be honest, most of the times I have no idea of what is about to happen and that's why I find it so interesting.

This particular book was so OMG, I'm still shocked and I really need to read the next one to know the truth. I mean, what the hell is happening???

Now, about Cammie and Zach: I think they're very cute and they have to stay together in the end, but he has so many se
Haya ∞Δnother book Junkie∞
3.5 stars!
I really like the progression of this series.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
Pretty good, pretty good. The plot is thickening. The writing was a tiny bit better, but still confusing at some parts. Less romance than the first two, but there was a kiss or two, many mentions of guys being hot and their hotness. Language was overall clean, with really only a 'wuss'. Aunt Abby was awesome, and I like that a bit more was said about Camnie's dad.
I'm curious to see what will happen next, so I will be reading the next book in the series. ;)
Keya
These books. I am in love with these books. They're so much fun with the perfect amount of suspense to keep you reading until the very end! There were some scenes that even made me teary eyed. And the last few chapters were crazy.

I loved how this was mostly centered around Macey since there wasn't much of her in the previous book. I still can't believe I disliked Macey in the beginning because she's honestly one of my favourite characters. And Then Abby! I loved her!! And I'm excited to see if s
✞Ƙєℓℓу✧Sтєℓℓαя Scяυтιηу✞
I forget how darn, short these books are - only 260 pages! Definitely an improvement from the second book. ^_^
K
Jul 11, 2014 K rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lit-teen
When I read YA I usually do it unthinkingly, by which I mean I read YA like I would read any other book for which I am the target audience. The Gallagher Girls series is one of those things, though, where I am constantly made aware of the fact that I am absolutely not the target audience. From a bookselling perspective, I'd definitely recommend these to a young reader making the transition from MG to teen; the series may get darker later on, but as of book three the series is pretty sanitized, e ...more
Skye
Dec 26, 2010 Skye rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This review is also posted on my blog, In The Good Books.

When Cammie visits her roommate and friend, Macey, in Boston, where her father's being nominated for vice president, she expects an exciting end to summer break. Excitement she gets, when she and Macey find themselves in a kidnapper's plot.

Luckily, escaping is just one the things they do best, as students of the Gallagher Academy For Exceptional Young Women - a spy school in disguise. But soon they find out that it isn't over yet, and as m
Laura Gardner
Jun 21, 2009 Laura Gardner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, funny, friendship, thriller
Cammie Morgan is back in her most exciting adventure yet. Roommate Macey McHenry's father is running for vice-president and Macey is a target. After an incident on the campaign trail when Cammie and Macey barely manage to escape an attack on their lives, a new operative is brought to Gallagher Girls Academy to watch out for Macey. Cammie, Liz and Bex are told not to worry, but when have they ever followed the rules before? And why does Cammie keep seeing Zach in strange places? Does he still lik ...more
Annabelle
Oct 01, 2015 Annabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Covert Operations Report
By Anna Sk (hereafter referred to as "The Operative")

Phase 3.

At this point of the mission, the Operative would like to state that (simply stated for everyone) shit has started to hit the fan. A change of scenery for the Assets and an addition of new Assets (particularly Abigail Morgan and Preston Winters) has brought a more serious and dangerous vibe on the mission. Main target in this mission was Asset McHenry (that the Operative managed to understand better in Phase 3 a
Rebecca T
May 08, 2015 Rebecca T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 115-in-2015
These books are seriously getting better and better. The characters are as kickass and amazing as always and the overall plot is so intriguing. I have so many questions and I can't wait to see how it all pans out. This one was certainly a lot darker than the first few and it was perfect. Seriously my favourite so far.
carolina ☾
I really missed the Buffy the Vampire Slayer refetences in this one.
Shradha

Don't Judge A Girl by her Cover turned out of a bit of serious. There was less of school drama and classes, and more of Boston, Ohio and D.C. I love Gallagher Academy and the regular life there, but so many outings and so much risk on life wasn't there before. So, it felt like a new territory for me and Cammie as well.

“I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind youwantto keep in, and the kind you don'tdareto let out

Have I ever mentioned before how much I adore Joe Solomon. O
Sammee (I Want to Read That)
I really look forward to new books in this series. I'm a bit addicted to them if I'm honest and this was another fun installment.

When Cammie visits her friend Macey in Boston things don't exactly go to plan. Unless the plan was being ambushed! Or finding themselves part of an attempted kidnap they barely manage to escape. Desperately wanting to help keep their friend safe, Cammie, Liz and Bex use their spy skills to find the truth...

I really like how the author manages to give us a completely di
Sally Chen
Cammie has been through a lot of boy problems (technically 2) and is now in her junior year at the school for Gallagher Girls. Now she and her friend Marcey are in danger.

The 3rd book was more interesting then the last two, but it is still frustrating to read. Knowing that's Cammie's personality and that's how she narrates, it still bothers me how she thinks she is all that. There were also a lot of confusions because of the lack of details. One point she may be describing the fight but I could
Faye
I've got to say, the Gallagher Series is really fun. There are some flaws, but overall, it's such a great series.

In this installment, Cammie and Co. investigate about an attack on the Macey. It's fun and there's that wonderful awkwardness of these teenage girls who don't really get the outside world.

Things are starting to connect now too. I love the relationship between Abby and Cammie, and the romance is really cute too. I just don't know what happened to Josh, if he's even coming back.

I also
Leenah Elkordy
Sep 25, 2015 Leenah Elkordy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
THIS ONE'S MY FAVORITE SO FAR!!!! i love preston i loved the action and the mystery! but like when do we get to know about zach im tired of his secrets
Shahenda Khaled
Jul 23, 2015 Shahenda Khaled rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
These books seriously have great endings but I just can't overlook the rest of the book. The story gripped me okay but is it possible that the writing is getting worse? It's not funny anymore mainly because the same jokes are repeated (I swear every time Cammie mentions how she "knows fourteen languages but could form a coherent word" I worry I would throw my ipad across the room). It felt here that a 15 year-old wrote this. I enjoy it but it's not more than an entertainment.
Frisk
Looks like things are finally looking up for Cammie Morgan.
And I mean that but I don't, because Cammie's life is slowly becoming a clusterfucks of whodunit, and I love it.
That's right.
Ally Carter is starting to tighten the ribbons on the present that is the Gallagher Girls series, and I can't wait for the bow to finally be tied.
Plots are coming together, characters are appearing into new light, and secrets are starting to be unearthed.
Plus Zach...
what a dream boat. UuU
J L's Bibliomania
These Gallagher Girl books are a bit like cotton candy. They can be a enjoyable bit of mindless fluff, but quickly go cloyingly sweet and then become stale. I've been spacing the books in the series out, but partway through Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, I started wondering if I was really reading a new book, or just a twist on the same plot as the last one. I guess it will be a while before I return to this series.

I listened to I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You as an audi
Hanna
Sep 20, 2015 Hanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
give me the next book NoW!!!11! (pls)
Mehsi
As most know I didn't really liked the first two books, they were predictable and boring and mostly the same formula. Luckily this book picks up and is awesome. I am going to continue reading this series, hopefully the rest (4/5/6) will be awesome as well.

This book changes the formula. Instead of her drooling over a new guy in a new book, this time we keep to Zach. Of course we have a new guy in the book (as predicted), but he is no love interest to Cammie (cheers erupt and confetti is thrown).
C
Josh and Cammie <33 49 144 Mar 04, 2016 08:23AM
Do you think there will be a movie for the Gallagher Girls Series 146 387 Feb 01, 2016 05:35PM
Bookreads :): Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover 1 2 Jan 10, 2016 12:02PM
Realistic Fiction/Action 1 4 Sep 28, 2015 06:56PM
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Native Tongue (The Specialists, #4)
  • Death by Denim (Death By Mysteries, #3)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • Being Nikki (Airhead, #2)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • The Daughters Break the Rules (The Daughters, #2)
  • All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Movers & Fakers (Alphas, #2)
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. Book 2, SEE HOW THEY RUN will be in stores Dec 22, 2015.

She encourages you to visit
More about Ally Carter...

Gallagher Girls (6 books)
  • I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)

“I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out.” 1409 likes
“the only way Bex would miss this would be if she were unconscious. And tied up. And in a concrete bunker. In Siberia.” 1124 likes