Start by marking “Amor Cruel” as Want to Read:
Amor Cruel

Amor Cruel (The Boss's Mistress )

Jefe millonario busca esposa para el fin de semana…

El poderoso, rico y guapísimo Cormac Douglas siempre conseguía todo lo que deseaba y ahora el millonario playboy necesitaba una esposa para asegurarse un importante negocio. Su eficiente secretaria Lizzie Chandler era la candidata ideal para aquel puesto temporal.

Lizzie estaba indignada con la proposición, pero las dotes d

Paperback, Harlequin Bianca #1887, 156 pages
Published March 10th 2009 by Harlequin Ibérica (first published June 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Amor Cruel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amor Cruel

Jenny
Jul 28, 2016 Jenny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I adore ruthless heroes and virginal heroines so I thought I would love this book. Sadly hero was an unfeeling cold bastard so he ruined the book for me.
Melissa
Jan 28, 2016 Melissa rated it did not like it
Where to start... where, where, where?

Well... let's start with myself.
I don't trust people very easily. I don't even like people! So those I consider my friends have to go through a long process where they have to:

1. Earn my trust. (Very important)
2. Know that even though we have things in common, we all have our differences in personalities and behavior.
3. Maintain that trust.
4. Respect is highly valued.
5. Don't fuck up, pardon me, destroy that trust. EVER!

Now, with these already stated, you
Colleen
I was originally going to give this more than three stars but then I read A Very Stylish Affair by Emma Darcy and found it unfair to give this book equal or more stars than to a better story.
I say this because the female lead of this story irritated me to no end most of the time and some really quite serious issues were sort of shrugged off after one night. I think that Cormac's turn from ruthless to loving should have been more subtle, but instead we were kept in the dark and made to feel that
Caro
Es mi primer libro de esta autora. Está escrito normal, sin sobresaltos. Es una trama fácilmente olvidable, el protagonista llega a tildar de "patética" a la heroína y no una sino varias veces, la protagonista se enamora de un día para el otro aunque antes no hubiera "registrado" demasiado a su jefe. Al comienzo me fueron graciosas las réplicas de la prota, pero al avanzar su carácter se pierde. Fue aburridísima.
Ella: soy virgen a los veintiocho años.
Él: ah, mirá qué bien. Mirame las ganas que
Marilyn
Nov 14, 2008 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate Hewitt has written such a powerful love story in Ruthless Boss, Hired Wife. It’s so intense and almost desperate and will have the reader on the edge of their seat.

The first half of the book was difficult to read because Cormac Douglas was so intense. He was one self-assured, ruthless, harsh, uncaring man and he had a plan; he was going to fake a marriage to his secretary Lizzie in order to win a prestigious bid to build a resort. The key was the family building the resort wanted a “family
Becky Black
Nov 28, 2010 Becky Black rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
Teresa
I really enjoyed this book, maybe because the topic is a bit of a favourite of mine. I couldn't put it down, it's taken me a day to read. Basically, it would have taken me less time if real life like sleep, housework and eating hadn't got in the way!

Basically the hero lures his secretary onto a plane to the Caribbean letting her think she's coming on business. She can't refuse on the plane, can she? To pretend to be his wife? And being a bit of a bastard has a few tricks up his sleeve so, no she
Alexa
Fabiola Chenet
Nov 21, 2015 Fabiola Chenet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lu en français (Le mensonge d'un séducteur) - Deuxième histoire de l'anthologie Une nuit avec un patron irrésistible

Le couple formé par Lizzie et Cormack est l'un des pires couples de romance que j'ai lus jusqu'à présent. Séparés, ils sont tout aussi pourris: elle se laissant marcher sur les pieds par sa soeur et sans beaucoup de perspective d'avenir, lui un peu taré sur les bords et utilisant des méthodes très discutables dans les affaires. Ensemble c'est encore pire: elle une vraie carpette qu
Amy
Apr 14, 2014 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What a train-wreck of a story. Cormac is a psychopathic jerk and Lizzie is a 28-year-old naive virgin who wants to be loved so badly that she doesn't believe that anyone else would be interested in her other than the psychopathic jerk. He humiliates her and insults her time after time. He continues to use her for his own business gains and continually lies to her. Why does she continue to put up with him? The only reason I gave this book 2 stars rather than 2 was because I was glued to the story ...more
Tonya Warner
Cormac is used to doing everything in his power to achieve what he wants. Use or be used is his motto, and he is NEVER used. When he is required to present a wife and prove he is a family man, the bachelor simple blackmails his secretary in to following his plans.

Lizzie may be under duress in playing Cormac's wife. Finding out that he is using her feelings against her to win a contract is more than she can bear. Hoping that love can conquer all is a very unlikely senario.

A very touching, sweet s
Lucy Herondale

This is the 3rd book I read by this author and so far the heroes are so lovely that I'm left with this incredible urge to throw them of a cliff.

The way they behave is so not attractive to me and I think you'll agree, unless you're into being hurt and humiliated by men until all that is left is emptiness.

Really, I don't know why I keep trying. Definitely not recommended.
Jess
This was AWFUL.

I can forgive a lot in a HP title, but a hero who constantly demeans the heroine, engages in non-sexy blackmail, and then tries to seduce her to make the thing he's blackmailing her into doing look more believable is apparently a bridge too far.

AWFUL.
Leyns
Apr 06, 2015 Leyns rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very emotional and slightly disturbing. The hero is a nasty piece of work for the whole book, except the last couple of pages. And they both go on about how pathetic and needy the heroine is. She really is. A lot of introspection from the heroine which I've come to expect from this author.
Manty
Manty rated it it was ok
Feb 05, 2016
Lamia
Lamia rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2013
Gayle
Gayle rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Gabrielle
Gabrielle rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Oanh
Oanh rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Marialys Scarano Rodríguez
Marialys Scarano Rodríguez rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2009
Temara
Temara rated it it was ok
Feb 22, 2015
Valeria
Valeria rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
En
En rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2013
Tbjmg Mom
Tbjmg Mom rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2012
E
E rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2016
Raine
Raine rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2010
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2016
Kirsty Tunstall
Kirsty Tunstall rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2015
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Kate is the USA Today-bsetselling author of over 40 books of women's fiction and romance. She is the author of the Hartley-by-the-Sea series, set in England's Lake District and published by Penguin. She is also, under the name Katharine Swartz, the author of the Tales from Goswell books, a series of time-slip novels set in the village of Goswell. Other series include the Emigrants Trilogy, the Amh ...more
More about Kate Hewitt...

The Boss's Mistress (4 books)
  • The Rich Man's Reluctant Mistress