Start by marking “Murder in Greenwich” as Want to Read:
Murder in Greenwich

Murder in Greenwich

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  3,777 ratings  ·  38 reviews
In this powerful new book, expert investigator Mark Fuhrman, the controversial former LAPD homicide detective and author of the national bestseller Murder in Brentwood, uncovers explosive new information as he analyses the still unsolved murder of fifteen-year-old Martha Moxley, who was bludgeoned with a golf club on the grounds of her family's exclusive Greenwich, Connec ...more
Published January 6th 1999 by Avon (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Murder in Greenwich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in Greenwich

In Cold Blood by Truman CapoteHelter Skelter by Vincent BugliosiThe Stranger Beside Me by Ann RuleThe Devil in the White City by Erik LarsonColumbine by Dave Cullen
Best True Crime
82nd out of 448 books — 700 voters
In Cold Blood by Truman CapoteHelter Skelter by Vincent BugliosiThe Stranger Beside Me by Ann RuleThe Devil in the White City by Erik LarsonThe Manson File by Nikolas Schreck
True Crime
41st out of 385 books — 412 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly
On the night of October 30, 1975, Martha Moxley was beaten to death with a golf club on the grounds of her family's estate. Blonde, pretty, happy, and wholesome, Martha was just 15 years old when she was killed. Several suspects were focused upon, but the whole investigation was screwed up, and then covered up, from the get-go. The neighborhood where the Moxleys lived was extremely wealthy; their neighbors were in fact the Skakels, who are of relation to the Kennedys. And as we are all too well ...more
Rebecca
mark fuhrman rules.
Dennis Littrell
Fuhrman, Mark. Murder in Greenwich (1998)***
Exorcizing daemons

Fuhrman gets to exorcize some daemons here while playing judge and jury. He convicts Michael Skakel of the 1975 murder of Martha Moxley, and that's good since there's little doubt the sick little rich boy did it. Fuhrman also takes the Greenwich police to task for bungling the investigation and for being afraid to go after anyone in the rich and politically powerful Skakel family. He calls them "servants of the rich," but of course th
Margaret
Aug 13, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2005
I found this book more interesting than I thought it would be. I had heard about this murder via TV at one point. The author is Mark Fuhrman, who was the detective in the O.J. Simpson case, retired from the LAPD and now lives in Idaho. In this book he details the inept handling of the Martha Moxley murder, which occurred in 1975, by the Greenwich, CT police. It is an interesting study of what happened in the case when the combinations of a naïve police force, botched investigation procedures and ...more
Debbie Lisman
Amazing book! This is the story of the brutal murder of Martha Moxley in 1975 outside her home in Greenwich Conneticut when she was only 15. She was blungeoned to death with a golf club in an affluent gated community and found under a pine tree in her own yead. This is a fascinating analogy of who the murderer was. Fuhrman is no doubt right on target with this book.
Barbara
Dominick Dunne wrote a juicy fictionalization of the Martha Moxley murder. I got interested in the case and found this book by Mark Fuhrman written in 1998. Based on his analysis he determined that Michael Skakel probably committed the murder. In 2003 M. Skakel was convicted. The rumors of police being paid off by a wealthy family is disturbing. The death of Martha is heartbreaking. I shouldn't read true crime books I get too upset.
Marla
This is a true story about a fifteen year old girl murdered in a rich neighborhood. It explores the case,clues, and suspects. The case was not solved for twenty years or more. The lesson is you may not always know the people you see and talk to every day.
Kelly
The story itself is interesting, but Fuhrman's writing style is amateurish and smug.
Gos
Jul 14, 2012 Gos rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
Shoutout to Mark Fuhrman for his dedication on somehow helping solve the case of a 15-year old girl, Martha Moxley, who was heartlessly murdered and for all his bravery and effort that he put into making this very book!

In this novel, he showed no sign of fear as he delivered his concise yet articulate observations and findings regarding the case; being an expert investigator and a former homicide detective that he was.

What I admire most was his bravery and how he held firmly to his beliefs desp
Apriljane Petersen
Great book...interesting. Since I first started reading it just didn't want to stop reading. Day and night would keep reading and it only took me about 3 days to finish the entire book. Great book would recommended it too anyone.
Erin Lane
I first learned about this crime from the TV show, "Unsolved Mysteries". I had to read the book and I am glad I did. The book gave much more insight into this blotched investigation. Great true crime book!
Joanne
As a follow up to fiction reading A Season in Purgatory (Dominick Dunne) this books deals with the facts surrounding the 1975 Martha Moxley murder and was written from a people and police detective prespective. Fuhrman makes it clear that the Greenwich police 1. did not know how to conduct and process and crime scene in addition to 2. maybe bypassing things because of who the Skakals were. Money and it's power is a common theme between the two books. This story wasn't actually pleasure reading, ...more
Theresa Williams
enjoyed something that was really good
Katie
this is about my grandmother's cousin's daughter. i've been meaning to read this for years.

this book is amazing! it is all true and extremely interesting to read. i didn't want to put it down. Fuhrman did an excellent job and maybe i'll look into some of his other books some day (like the OJ Simpson one). CSI work, detective work, homicide work is a special skill that has to be taken seriously and followed to the letter so that a killer can be brought to justice.

Heather
I liked this book. The timeline gets a little confusing at some points, and the author repeats some events in different portions of the book. There is a timeline at the end of the book, I am such a chronological person, I would have used it throughout the reading if I had realized it was back there. He solves the crime at the end of the book, and I looked it up on the internet, and sure enough... the bad guy goes to jail. I also watched the movie afterwards.
Jillian
I feel as though this book could've been shorter. Mark Fuhrman, obviously was a cop/detective, not an author. He writes like a cop, which is fine, unless you have to read 400 pages like that. He repeats himself a lot (a cop tactic), and honestly I got tired of hearing some of the same things over and over. The story itself is interesting, and really opens your eyes to how some LE agencies will help to cover the tracks of the famous or wealthy.
Steven
A well done account of the murder of Martha Moxely in Greenwich, CT, and the poor investigative job done by the local police. Fuhrman provides good explanation on the general principles of how an investigation should be conducted. He also provides some information that suggests someone interfered with the evidence--there may have been a cover up.
Sabby
To be honest I really liked this book I could not put it down, it wasn't a conventional murder mystery novel it was just a bunch of facts and speculation about who killed Martha. I've seen the lifetime movie and know who did kill her but it was still interesting to read in depth about all the people involved. Good book :)
Mary Brock
Why did Michael sakael killed martha Moxley for and I was only 6 months old when she got murdered and now I am 39 years old I love to read it I got the movie it won't let me read it plz let me know how to read it on here
Mari
I have always abeen curious about this mystery. I really like the approach the author took in laying out the case and bring his reader to his conclusion. It was great. I plan on reading the other books he has written.
Melissa
I learned a lot more about this case, the things that were lst ecspecially the bloddy fingerprint on the gate. I'm just more amazed off how this man got away with these murders!!!!
Oct 10, 2011 Kelly added it
Badly written. Plus hard to believe writer and his criticism when he is also famous for messing up another famous murder investigation. Read it because I had to for class.
Naomi
All I can say about this book is "yet another Kennedy getting away with the murder of a beautiful young woman..." Hmmmm, who would have thunk it?
Connie Brotzman
I should have given it a higher review as it was my Book Club choice and Mark signed all the books for me...but he down graded my stock. ;-)
Laura Shannon
Very poorly written and poorly edited but any true crime book that leads to a murder conviction so many years after the crime demands attention.
Jeff
This book really hit home because Martha was my age. It took years but she finally did get justice. If you like true crime books this one is a must.
Joann
I read this years ago and just couldn't get into the book. I found it boring and true murder books are ones I like to read now and then.
Ashley
Jan 04, 2013 Ashley rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults
The book that helped solve a 20 year old cold case and put the killer behind bars.

This book is an easy read and a great true crime novel
Unsolved Mystery
All that needs to be said about this one is that rich people think they can get away with anything, and they usually do, even murder.
Carolyn
Very in depth and well laid out truth about what actually happened to Martha Moxley. Fuhrman is an excellent and thorough detective
  • Tears of Rage: From Grieving Father to Crusader for Justice: The Untold Story of the Adam Walsh Case
  • Perfect Murder, Perfect Town: The Uncensored Story of the JonBenet Murder and the Grand Jury's Search for the Truth
  • The Hillside Stranglers
  • Bitter Blood: A True Story of Southern Family Pride, Madness, and Multiple Murder
  • Blind Faith
  • The Darkest Night: The Murder of Innocence in a Small Town
  • Cruel Sacrifice
  • The Search for the Green River Killer
  • Deadly Innocence
  • The Riverman: Ted Bundy and I Hunt for the Green River Killer
  • I Know My First Name Is Steven
  • A Fever in the Heart and Other True Cases (Crime Files, #3)
  • A Beautiful Child
  • Till Death Us Do Part: A True Murder Mystery
  • Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted
  • Whatever Mother Says...: A True Story of a Mother, Madness and Murder
  • Because You Loved Me
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
Murder In Brentwood Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death Murder In Spokane The Murder Business: High Profile Crimes and the Corruption of Justice A Simple Act of Murder: November 22, 1963