Start by marking “The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox, #3)

The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox #3)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  777 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Fact collides with fiction in Will Adams third pulse-pounding adventure featuring the enigmatic Daniel Knox. Twenty years after vanishing without a trace, French archaeologist Roland Petitier makes a dramatic reappearance at a major Athens conference, promising an astonishing find - the legendary Golden Fleece. But before he can give his talk, he's found dead in a hotel ro ...more
Published October 29th 2009 by Harper (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Labyrinth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Labyrinth

Jennifer Eifrig
In this book, Mr. Adams has again crafted a page-turning thrill ride, this time with more focus on the characters and less on the scenery and geek-out archaeology. (I guess it's hard to come up with a believable "rewrite history" story every year.) But never fear, there's plenty of side story for those who like material culture. In fact, I found the idea that a Thera/Cretan culture was the origin for the Atlantis myths less difficult to believe than the inciting incident for the whole chain of e ...more
High Wycombe Library
The Lost Labyrinth is the third installment of the 'Daniel Knox' series by Will Adams, and pits Daniel and his girlfriend up against Georgian oligarch Nergadze and his pyschotic grandson Mikhail in a race for the legendary Golden Fleece.

Whilst it doesn't quite reach the heights of the first two installments in the series, The Lost Labyrinth is still a worthwhile read for those interested in the "archaeological thriller" genre. ^GE

If you liked The Lost Labyrinth why not try:
The Moses Stone by Ja
Christina
usually my kind of book, but i have to say, i was disapointed. it took very long for the story to get going, i actually had to start twice, 'cause i stopped reading it for about a month and really wanted to finish it ('cause i hate not finishing books), but i had to start all over, i had forgotten all the subtle things that kept popping back up. although the second time around i got through it a lot faster.
i can't even really say what i didn't like, other than that i just didn't feel like anythi
Carol
I read the German edition called "Wächter des Labyrinths":

Ein antiker Schatz liegt verborgen in einem Labyrinth. Das Interesse daran ist groß, denn wer ihn besitzt, hat auch die Macht.
Der französische Archäologe Roland Petitier war zwanzig Jahre lang verschollen. Als er wieder auftaucht, verkündet er die Sensation: Er will das sagenhafte goldene Vlies gefunden haben. Doch zu seinem großen Auftritt kommt es gar nicht erst. Daniel Nox findet den Forscher tot in einem Hotelzimmer.

Auch ohne die beid
Every
While reading I did not realize this was the third of a series. This surprised me so, since it is so readable without the other two installments, which does not occur very often.

I quite enjoyed this book, it was something different from my usual reads and I was very happy to recognize the myths in this book from my experiences with the greek mythology.

I highly recommend this book to mystery lovers, mythology nerds and the local psycho in my town.
Kay
"If you like Dan Brown, you'll LOVE Will Adams" - That's what's written on the book cover. It got me intrigued "since I am a huge fan of Dan Brown". Decided to purchase it & read it to see myself if the author is as good as Dan Brown. Turns out he has his own style of story telling, also, the story itself isn't like the usual Dan Brown mind blowing mysterious puzzles, it's more of crime, thriller and historical fiction.

Can't deny I loved the book, really, It was amusing & full of histor
Sarah Wander
I very much enjoyed the first two books of this series, but unlike them, this book does not have a story-line that revolves around archaeology and history and instead it is only something in the background. The main criminal in this book is despicable--too much so. He is unrealistic and that brings the whole story down because he seems to have more pages than anyone else. Besides, I didn't pick up the book to read about pedophile rapists, I wanted a historical novel. Nope.

The writing style bothe
Keith
"The Lost Labyrinth" is partly entertaining. I found the book to be more crime centered with historical fiction added as a background. The ending was a bit disappointing. Expect a sequel.
Angel Serrano
El vellocino de oro desapareció en extrañas circunstancias durante la era minoica de la antigua Grecia. Una carrera entre arqueólogos y políticos corruptos de Georgia entornó a Elyseum revivirá las aventuras al más puro estiló Indiana Jones.
Malak Dabbagh
Brilliant! I agree with what Raymond Khoury said: " A fast moving, finely crafted, intelligent action-adventure"
Crt
Quite enjoyed it, not having read this author before. Search for the Golden Fleece, a horrible super wealthy psychopath from an equally horrible family of nutters try too capture and torture the leading character Dan Knox for the whereabouts of the Golden Fleece. Set in Crete and Athens. Easy to read.
Sofi Metskhvarishvili
utterly disappointed, it totally changed it's profile and went from intellectual detective to criminal drama , less and less archeological and historical facts and more action, in other books both things were well balanced , but in this one author lost it
Chris
I couldn't put this one down. Daniel Know's friend is suspected of murder and his friend is almost killed by the Greek police so Knox sets out to clear his name. There is a Georgian family in this who are like the Mafia and kill if they don't get what they want. The ending was unexpected, and I was surprised the author took this route as it was very brave of him to do so. A fantastic read from start to finish and one I couldn't put down! The best by this author so far!
وسام الدين محمد
Finally, Knox left Egypt :) and again face an old archaeological enigma mixed with modern political issues. I hate the death of Gaille and ruining of Knox live after the confrontation with the antagonist.
Anna-Lisa
So, ich breche dieses Buch jetzt nach knapp 140 Seiten ab. Für eine Abenteuergeschichte kommen mir hier eindeutig zu viele Pädophile vor, was für mich die ganze Geschichte ruiniert und den Unterhaltungswert komplett zuerstört. Dieses Thema gehört für mich in eine andere Art von Thriller, nicht in diese, denn eigentlich möchte ich beim Lesen unterhalten werden und mich nicht unwohl fühlen. Schade. Auf den letzten Band habe ich jetzt gar keine Lust mehr.
Gibin Mathew

The Caption that drew my attention to this book was "If you like Dan Brown,you will like Will Smith",hence i had great expectations.

"But i was disappointed". I dont think this book is in par with "Davinci code".

About 3/4 th of this book is slow and dragging.Only last few chapters i found intrestion. This is one of the boring books i had read in recent past.So i rate it with 2 stars(average/below average)
Elena
Lame, lame, lame. Greek archeology seems a lousy excuse to talk about child molesters and psycho perverts whose favorite activity is to torture people. I had enjoyed the Exodus story, so I thought this might be about the same level of entertainment but definitely not. And watch out... wow wow ... big things going on at the very end... actually, my suggestion is that you pick up a different book.
Elena
Αρκετά ενδιαφέρον βιβλίο με γρήγορη πλοκή και αγωνία. Ο Νοξ είναι ο χαρακτηριστικός έξυπνος ήρωας/ ερευνητής που θα λύσει το μυστήριο. Δεν μου άρεσε ο χαρακτήρας του Μιχαήλ Νεργκάτζε. Στην αρχή φαινόταν ότι θα ήταν ο απόλυτος κακός ήρωας αλλά τελικά δεν τα κατάφερε. Το τέλος ήταν διαφορετικό από αυτό που φανταζόμουν αλλά αναγκαίο για το επόμενο βιβλίο που το περιμένω πώς και πώς!
Nancy
This was not particularly enjoyable to read. I'm not sure why the author needed to include pedofiles sleeping with little boys, rapists, nice dogs getting shot, and main charactors getting killed off. The author has such a gift of archeological knowledge the other items took away from that. I hope the next book is better.
Ineke
Een interessant thema, dat ook goed wordt uitgewerkt. Er wordt veel achtergrondinformatie gegeven over de Griekse mythologie en de mythen rond het gulden vlies.
De vertaling doet soms wat ouderwets aan en het geweld had van mij iets minder uitgesproken gemogen. Toch heb ik het boek met veel plezier gelezen en ga ik kijken naar de andere delen.
Kelly
I highly enjoyed this book. It was non stop action from start to finish.
The character, Mikhail Nergadze, was one of the best villains I have come across in a long time.
The last few chapters had me riveted and I couldn't put the book down and I certainly had not envisaged the ending!
A fabulous read!
Vicki
Not a fan of this instalment and don't think that I'll be reading the next one. A disjointed story that never really seemed to find its point, characters being disposed of rather pointlessly and an unsatisfactory ending. Book 2 showed promise but book 3 just didn't follow through.
Ginny
I really liked the first two books of Knox but this one took longer to engage with the story line and without giving a spoiler away, it felt like a book that just ended the Daniel Knox I knew and loved. I guess I'll give Will Adams one more try but I sure loved Knox.
Marjut
Didn't really enjoy it that much, the title actually promised more than what it really was after all. Interesting historical facts and occasional interesting fiction as well, but it just didn't impress me in the end. It was an okay read.. But not what I'd recommend.
Donna
I want to write a review on this but i'm too busy being emotional at the ending. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU END A TRILOGY! Can someone tell me that there is a fourth book? that is NOT how to end something like that! where is the happy freaking ending Will Adams?!
Rhitwick Biswas
Good thriller but misguides readers by the slogan "if you like Dan Brown, you'll love..."
Very faint presence of history. More over the revelation was not much path breaking.
Debbie
Picked it up for 1 at hotel as I'd finished my other book. Quite enjoyed it-pacy, light thriller. Perfect holiday read. Liked the writing style and range of characters ...more
Cats 274
All the time I had a feeling that the author was in fact Dan Brown's kid brother, prone to tantrums in order to turn the attention to himself.
Hasini
Read it in a flight journey..it was neither gripping nor exciting..rather I was disappointed for my poor choice for a flight journey!
Carol Kerry-green
Very disappointing, the first time in ages that I haven't finished a book. It could have been so much better.
  • Bible of the Dead
  • The Secret Crown (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #6)
  • The Moses Stone (Chris Bronson, #2)
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • Pyramid
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • The Chosen One
  • The Book of Secrets
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Pharos Objective (Morpheus Initiative, #1)
Will Adams has tried his hand at a multitude of careers over the years. Most recently, he worked for a London-based firm of communications consultants, before giving it up to pursue his lifelong dream of writing fiction. His first novel, The Alexander Cipher, is a modern-day quest to find the lost tomb of Alexander the Great. Published in November 2007 by Harper Collins, it is being translated int ...more
More about Will Adams...

Daniel Knox (4 books)
  • The Alexander Cipher (Daniel Knox, #1)
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
The Alexander Cipher (Daniel Knox, #1) The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2) The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4) Newton's Fire City of the Lost

“Having a purpose, that's the key.” 7 likes