What Can Spot See?

What Can Spot See? (Spot the Dog)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Spot sees many things during his day?looking out the window, eating breakfast in the kitchen, running outside to play. Children can help Spot identify everything he sees in this fun-filled novelty format. Each spread includes a die-cut hole and a turning wheel at the edges of each page, which reveals all the things Spot sees. What?s out the window? What?s in the toy box? W...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Warne (first published 2009)

Rima Aroutiounian
Spot is a dog that goes out and sees different things. He recognizes the world around him. The same is implied to babies. This book will help the babies to recognize the world around them.
Brittany Perry
illustrations are okay and the mirror was a nice touch but it is a general forgettable run of the mill book. Still its very decent for babies and toddlers.
Heidi
What a fun board book! I wonder on the sturdiness of the turn-the-wheel vs. lift-the-flap, but this is awesome! If only they'd had these when my little brother was young, I would have enjoyed watching him read this one. I think that's why I have a soft spot for Spot! :-)
Danielle
Lots of chances for interactive storytime. Toddlers get to say what is in each picture. At the end there is a mirror so they can see themselves. Good for a smaller storytime crowd.
Marc Lucke
This was ideal for our toddler: a solid board book for a young page-ripper and bold, bright illustrations to attract her eye and keep her engaged.
Sarah Coggins
Wonderful book. Sturdy construction, simple language and my 17mo son loves the wheels you turn to view the various images.
Tara
Good book for r2r skills, large board book with interactive wheels
Rachel
This is a Ralph must-read, like every night. He loves it!
Rachel
Kolet
Kolet added it
Mar 24, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Vestal Public Library
Vestal Public Library marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...
Where's Spot? (Picture Puffin - Lift-the-flap book) Spot Goes to the Farm Spot Loves His Daddy Spot Goes to School (color) Spot's Birthday Party