Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)

Slow Burn (NASCAR #7)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  16 reviews
And the winner is...

Dana Johnson? What? Turns out Dana's friend secretly entered her in the contest to win a dinner date with NASCAR driver Braden James. Burned by her former fiancé, Dana isn't exactly eager to be swept off her feet by someone who'll disappear after dessert. She tells Braden he's off the hook, but he says they're on. His sponsor—a matchmaking Web site—is c...more
Published September 1st 2009 by HQN (first published August 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Slow Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Burn

Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary/Sports Romance

Let me say up front that I’m by no means a NASCAR fan and that I prefer my romance to be at the very least PG-13, and of course usually the steamier the better. But, I do enjoy a good sports romance and love hunky athlete heroes, sexy race car driving studs included, so I thought I’d give this a try. I was worried when I heard that the books in Britton’s NASCAR series are all very PG clean, and this definitely is (there’s zero sex...just implied). So consider...more
Ana
This is my favourite in Pamela Britton's NASCAR series.

Dana has just escaped from an abusive relationship and the last thing she needs is another man in her life. But when she won the contest and won a date with NASCAR driver Braden, she couldn't resist him.

Braden is incredibly gentle and patient and willing to wait for Dana to come to terms with her problems. But he is protective as well, and tries to help her.

I like both of them. They are great together. I was cheering for Dana all the time,...more
Judy
Slow Burn by Pamela Britton
NASCAR Series Book 7
Dana Johnson just broke it off with her fiance, right before the wedding. When her co-worker asks her to go with her to Vegas to for a NASCAR race it seemed a good thing to do. Get out of town, away from all the questions and away from her psycho ex. Dana knows nothing about NASCAR and only entered a contest to win a date with some driver because Alysa pushed her to try it. She figured she might get lucky and win one of the other prizes. No such luc...more
Jane Stewart
I couldn’t like the heroine. Her thinking and actions were idiotic. However, the story about the abusive ex-fiance was good.

STORY BRIEF:
Dana is a CPA whose fiancé Stewart beat her twice, leaving bruises. She broke off the engagement and went to a NASCAR race for the weekend with a girlfriend. A drawing was held and Dana won – to have a date with Braden, a famous NASCAR driver. The date is scheduled for two months later, but Braden likes the beautiful Dana and doesn’t want to wait. He asks her to...more
Paige
This was the first NASCAR book I've read and I thought it was fabulous. The book was up to date with the current rules and Series titles, yet had it's own distinct feel to it.

After calling off her wedding to her abusive boyfriend, Stewart, Dana Johnson and her coworker, Alysa Anderson, go to the Las Vegas race. There Alysa enters them both into "Win a date with Braden James" contest.

Braden James spotted Dana in the crowd even before she won. When he meets her behind the stage he is surprised b...more
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Trusting people especially men is hard for Dana Johnson. Why? Because her ex-fiance was beating her up. So in an attempt to escape Stewart her ex-fiance, she goes with her friend Alysa to a race. Featuring the great Braden James, world famous race car driver. Braden and Dana click at their first sight. Things spiral out of control for Dana when Stewart finds her at her hotel and Braden intervenes when Stewart is about to strike her. Dana gets too scared and runs leaving her fake friend Alysa to...more
This book was awful. Pamela Britton, how do you manage such a subtle turn of phrase? "Sex. That’s what they were going to have." This book is a formulaic NASCAR romance...and every bit as good as that sounds. The plot was ridiculous, especially the ending (SPOILER ALERT!) where Dana sticks it to her abusive ex-boyfriend by pulling incriminating evidence out of her bum. There have got to be better examples of the romance genre out there, so go read those and don't waste your time on this one.
Colleen
Not my favorite of Britton's NASCAR series. The heroine in this book (Dana) got on my nerves BIG TIME. She was so wishy washy at times that it drove me INSANE! But, I tried to remember what she went through in her past and it helped that Braden was a super A+ hero. Such a patient man! So in the end, I liked the book, it's a sweet story, just not one that wow'd me or anything.
Sara
A cute little romance that tries to be fraught with meaning. The heroine, the hero, and his friend are all abuse survivors, and he's become a champion of abused people since fame and fortune smiled upon him. I'm sure this would have been more exciting if I were a race fan, but it was nice to read along and be able to relate to the heroine, who had no idea about NASCAR.
Heather
I practically read this in one day. I loved the story, the characters and how slowly this romance came together. This was not only a romance, but a story about how to overcome things that are extremely hard to deal with and how you can come out on the other side happier than you ever thought you could be.
Heather Blythe
Loved the book. could not put it down..
Amy
Loved every moment of this book!
Erin
awful. simply terrible.
Chiara
a quick mindless read
Nancy
Another great one by Pamela Britton!
Grant Anderson
Grant Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Amanda Deniger
Amanda Deniger marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Carolyn Reagan
Carolyn Reagan marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • A Long, Hard Ride (Harlequin Blaze #453)
  • Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2)
  • Driven By Desire
  • Sweet Spot (Richmond Rogues, #5)
  • Below the Belt (Harlequin Blaze, #404)
  • Body Check
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Killer Curves
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • Snowbound
  • Hot Property (Hot Zone, #4)
  • Completely Smitten (Silhouette Special Editions, #1520)
  • How to Score
  • Back in Black (SBC Fighters, #5)
With over a million books in print, Pamela Britton likes to call herself the best known author nobody’s ever heard of. Of course, that’s begun to change thanks to a certain licensing agreement with that little racing organization known as NASCAR.

Nowadays it’s not unusual to hear her books being discussed by the likes of Jay Leno, Keith Olbermann, or Stephen Colbert. Flip open a magazine and you mi...more
More about Pamela Britton...
In The Groove (NASCAR, #2) Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1) Total Control (NASCAR, #5) To The Limit (NASCAR, #4) On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)