Start by marking “Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)” as Want to Read:
Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)

Slow Burn (NASCAR #7)

And the winner is...

Dana Johnson? What? Turns out Dana's friend secretly entered her in the contest to win a dinner date with NASCAR driver Braden James. Burned by her former fiancé, Dana isn't exactly eager to be swept off her feet by someone who'll disappear after dessert. She tells Braden he's off the hook, but he says they're on. His sponsor—a matchmaking Web site—is c
Published September 1st 2009 by HQN (first published August 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Slow Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Burn

Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary/Sports Romance

Let me say up front that I’m by no means a NASCAR fan and that I prefer my romance to be at the very least PG-13, and of course usually the steamier the better. But, I do enjoy a good sports romance and love hunky athlete heroes, sexy race car driving studs included, so I thought I’d give this a try. I was worried when I heard that the books in Britton’s NASCAR series are all very PG clean, and this definitely is (there’s zero sex...just implied). So consider
Ana
This is my favourite in Pamela Britton's NASCAR series.

Dana has just escaped from an abusive relationship and the last thing she needs is another man in her life. But when she won the contest and won a date with NASCAR driver Braden, she couldn't resist him.

Braden is incredibly gentle and patient and willing to wait for Dana to come to terms with her problems. But he is protective as well, and tries to help her.

I like both of them. They are great together. I was cheering for Dana all the time,
Shannon Pitts
Great plot, but fell flat for me.

It had some great moments and Braden was amazing. I just had a hard time getting into it because Dana kept changing her mind (I can't do this, I'm in, I can't do this, I'm in, repeat). Even though this is probably more realistic, it got annoying very fast.
Jane Stewart
I couldn’t like the heroine. Her thinking and actions were idiotic. However, the story about the abusive ex-fiance was good.

STORY BRIEF:
Dana is a CPA whose fiancé Stewart beat her twice, leaving bruises. She broke off the engagement and went to a NASCAR race for the weekend with a girlfriend. A drawing was held and Dana won – to have a date with Braden, a famous NASCAR driver. The date is scheduled for two months later, but Braden likes the beautiful Dana and doesn’t want to wait. He asks her to
Paige
Mar 15, 2011 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-books
This was the first NASCAR book I've read and I thought it was fabulous. The book was up to date with the current rules and Series titles, yet had it's own distinct feel to it.

After calling off her wedding to her abusive boyfriend, Stewart, Dana Johnson and her coworker, Alysa Anderson, go to the Las Vegas race. There Alysa enters them both into "Win a date with Braden James" contest.

Braden James spotted Dana in the crowd even before she won. When he meets her behind the stage he is surprised b
Judy
May 29, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow Burn by Pamela Britton
NASCAR Series Book 7
Dana Johnson just broke it off with her fiance, right before the wedding. When her co-worker asks her to go with her to Vegas to for a NASCAR race it seemed a good thing to do. Get out of town, away from all the questions and away from her psycho ex. Dana knows nothing about NASCAR and only entered a contest to win a date with some driver because Alysa pushed her to try it. She figured she might get lucky and win one of the other prizes. No such luc
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Trusting people especially men is hard for Dana Johnson. Why? Because her ex-fiance was beating her up. So in an attempt to escape Stewart her ex-fiance, she goes with her friend Alysa to a race. Featuring the great Braden James, world famous race car driver. Braden and Dana click at their first sight. Things spiral out of control for Dana when Stewart finds her at her hotel and Braden intervenes when Stewart is about to strike her. Dana gets too scared and runs leaving her fake friend Alysa to ...more
This book was awful. Pamela Britton, how do you manage such a subtle turn of phrase? "Sex. That’s what they were going to have." This book is a formulaic NASCAR romance...and every bit as good as that sounds. The plot was ridiculous, especially the ending (SPOILER ALERT!) where Dana sticks it to her abusive ex-boyfriend by pulling incriminating evidence out of her bum. There have got to be better examples of the romance genre out there, so go read those and don't waste your time on this one.
Heather
Jul 07, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I practically read this in one day. I loved the story, the characters and how slowly this romance came together. This was not only a romance, but a story about how to overcome things that are extremely hard to deal with and how you can come out on the other side happier than you ever thought you could be.
Sara
Feb 29, 2012 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A cute little romance that tries to be fraught with meaning. The heroine, the hero, and his friend are all abuse survivors, and he's become a champion of abused people since fame and fortune smiled upon him. I'm sure this would have been more exciting if I were a race fan, but it was nice to read along and be able to relate to the heroine, who had no idea about NASCAR.
Colleen
Not my favorite of Britton's NASCAR series. The heroine in this book (Dana) got on my nerves BIG TIME. She was so wishy washy at times that it drove me INSANE! But, I tried to remember what she went through in her past and it helped that Braden was a super A+ hero. Such a patient man! So in the end, I liked the book, it's a sweet story, just not one that wow'd me or anything.
Erin
Mar 14, 2012 Erin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
awful. simply terrible.
Jacqueline
Extra 1/2 star.
Heather Blythe
Sep 27, 2012 Heather Blythe rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. could not put it down..
Amy
Aug 30, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every moment of this book!
Chiara
Oct 25, 2009 Chiara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a quick mindless read
Josephine
The writing style didn't engage me and I found the dialogue to be quite stilted at times. I won't be continuing with this series.
Karsyn
Oct 05, 2011 Karsyn rated it liked it
Meh. Really didn't like the cliche of this book, typical abused woman trying to move on and finds insta love. Overdone. Otherwise, it was a good enough story.
Nancy
Sep 19, 2009 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one by Pamela Britton!
Bridget Maccormack
Bridget Maccormack rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2011
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Jackie Rader
Jackie Rader rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Angie Hankins
Angie Hankins rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2012
Chantalboss
Chantalboss rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Susan M
Susan M rated it really liked it
May 04, 2015
AnnaRosa
AnnaRosa rated it liked it
May 30, 2017
Chanda
Chanda rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Maureen
Maureen rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Carolyn Marie
Carolyn Marie rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Downward dog
Downward dog rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Almost Famous (Harlequin NASCAR #9)
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Overheated (Harlequin NASCAR, #25)
  • Danger Zone
  • Thunderstruck
  • Redline Lover (Take Me, Lover #1)
  • A Long, Hard Ride
  • Driven By Desire (Signet Eclipse)
  • Below the Belt
  • She's No Angel
  • Kick It Up
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • Boys of Summer
  • Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
With over a million books in print, Pamela Britton likes to call herself the best known author nobody’s ever heard of. Of course, that’s begun to change thanks to a certain licensing agreement with that little racing organization known as NASCAR.

Nowadays it’s not unusual to hear her books being discussed by the likes of Jay Leno, Keith Olbermann, or Stephen Colbert. Flip open a magazine and you mi
More about Pamela Britton...

NASCAR (7 books)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • In The Groove (NASCAR, #2)
  • On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)
  • To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)
  • Total Control (NASCAR, #5)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)