A Night in Terror Tower  (Goosebumps, #27)

A Night in Terror Tower (Goosebumps #27)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  4,112 ratings  ·  91 reviews
They're baa-aack! Make way for the bestselling children's series of all time. W/ a fresh new look, Goosebumps is set to scare a new generation of readers. Reader beware -- you're in for a scare!

All locked up and no place to go!

Sue and her brother, Eddie, are visiting London when they run into a little problem. They can't find their tour group. Still, there's no reason to p
Published August 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1995)

Say Cheese and Die! by R.L. StineWelcome to Dead House by R.L. StineNight of the Living Dummy by R.L. StineOne Day at Horrorland by R.L. StineThe Ghost Next Door by R.L. Stine
The Best of Goosebumps
21st out of 53 books — 132 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesEclipse by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Books You Are Tired Of Hearing About
141st out of 297 books — 681 voters

More lists with this book...

David Santos
This is, what, book 27 that I review from Goosebumps? And I have yet another bad review.

What I really dislike about this book is the transition from reality to fantasy or "flashback" It was terribly one. It all happened in a blink of an eye....speaking of eyes who's idea was it to have these Saw Movie like contraptions in a children's book? It's one thing to have torture chambers in a book, but is it necessary to explain what they do?

"...the prisoner was stretched and stretched..until their bone...more
Gary Gotham
A Night in Terror Tower is a chilling tale about a brother and sister who gets separated from their group, whilst on a guided tour. Eddie and Sue are left to roam around, desperately searching for their group and civilisation. Their harrowing experience only gets worse when they run into what they believe to be the nights-watchman…

I would recommend this book to upper K.S.2 pupils. They could read this book independently or part of a guided reading session. It is a short book so it shouldn't take...more
Elijah
Teneka Howland
3rd - 4th grade

Stine has once again provided young readers with an amazingly suspenseful and thriller. As part of a series, this book follows the pattern of the other Goosebumps books. The front cover reels the reader in and the the text that follows keeps the reader hooked. The chapters are short, typically about 3 or 4 pages. The descriptive words used in the book creates the setting in the readers mind and creates a reality in the reader's mind. The author develops the plot quickly and the ch...more
Francisco
Nov 15, 2011 Francisco added it
Shelves: 12th-grade
While their parents attend a conference in London, Sue and Eddie go sightseeing. Inside "Terror Tower," both see ghosts and moving statues. The kids linger behind their tour group to investigate. They find an ancient carving inside a chamber where a young prince and princess were once left to die.
Fleeing from a dark-robed guard, Sue and Eddie rush to their hotel. Strangely, they can't remember their own last name, and their parents have vanished. Returning to Terror Tower, they find themselves i...more
Maria del  mar QueLeerQueQuieroLeer
Soy fan desde niña de esta serie de libros y de su serie Tv jajaja claramente ya no me producen el mismo sentimiento de terror como en aquellos tiempos ... pero me traen buenos recuerdos :)

Al estar dirigida a un publico infantil el vocabulario es simple, mostrando una letra grande y clara y un lenguaje poco sofisticado con el objetivo de llamar la atención del lector joven. Los capítulos son breves (bueno en si el libro es muy ligero, pero piensa que el libro va dirigido a niños de 7 - 16 años m...more
Leah Bundy
3 stars for 3rd grade nostalgia. ;) No more because as I revisit it now, it's one of the corniest things ever. Ever.
Noelle Walsh
This book did creep me out somewhat when I read it the first time. Maybe it was the getting separated from the main group that creeper me out originally, but I didn't read this very much before I gave up on the series.
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

I don't remember ever reading this book, but I remember the episode well. This is another fantastic entry in the series! The action starts off fairly early in the plot, and I found myself becoming more intrigued and involved as the mystery deepened. Is the story completely farfetched? Yes! But in my opinion it's done brilliantly. Loved this one. As did my inner child.

Read from October 3, 2013 - October 3, 2013
Nasser
This book i about two kids and their grandpa and they just won a trip to the tower which is themed like the middle ages so whoever goes in there knows what the middle ages feel. But the problem is when they enter the tower their whole life gets turned upside down because their whole life style ends up in the middle ages and its becomes a very scary thing for them but they escape the middle ages life once they helped each other and pulled through. I really liked this book.
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Matthew Ledrew
Tried to think of books that have given me the willies, and it’s hard… Honestly, because I’m a horror author, nothing much gets to me. It doesn’t register as “scary fiction,” just as “fiction.” But when I thought back to my childhood, the Goosebumps series jumped out at me… And A Night in Terror Tower returned to my mind. This book taught me so much about suspenseful pacing at a young age, it’s likely to blame for my ability to pace horror fiction now.
Tracey G
I saw the twist coming from 10 miles away but I still thought it was a good one. This would have made a great fantasy novel for young adults if it was more fleshed out.
Caroline
I was hooked on these series as a kid. I remember when this first book came out and all the hype surrounding it, and quickly joined in on scarfing these things down. They were fun at the time, although even in grade school they had me rolling my eyes at some of the goofiness (and the cliffhanger chapter endings! Every chapter, without fail!).
Drucilla
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. I would have given it 4 stars, but I thought it was stupid that (view spoiler) Other than that, I really enjoyed it. It's one of the few Goosebumps books I think could have been a full length novel.
Adelinep
Another book by RL Stine. If you love scary books, you will love this one just as much as I did. Two kids figure that they are from medieval times and are trapped in a tower waiting to be beheaded. I loved this book because I love scary books. Find out if the kids make it out of the tower alive.
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Jabari Terry
I think this book is about when a family moved to this castle like house and they felt strange vibs around them even a young child because he didn't want to go in and he is terrified to go in. So the horror begins at that point. (That is all I remember in this book)
Adam Hardesty
This book is about two kids who are on a tour of London Tower with their family and get lost inside on their own. They are terrorized by the tower and a creepy figure that keeps following them. This book is extremely suspenseful and yet another great R.L. Stine book.
Chelsea
The book has lot of twist and turns and thats what I love about goosebump books your never ever bored you just want to keep reading. This book leaves you askin questions and thinking to your self. I haven't gotten to the end but I think it might be good.
Straven Lite
Once you've read one, you've read them all. The plot structure was the same. But that didn't stop me from reading almost all of them when I was in middle school.

This book was my favorite followed by the "Ghost Next Door".
Lashay Op
well this is one of my favorite books of R.L> stine. this one takes kids back in time to the midevil peirod. this book is verry suspensefeul and is very inter taining. i can always picture myself in the persons shoes
Lucy
I loved this book, I read it a while ago and I sometimes read it now. It's really scary and quite complicated in a good way. There is a twist which I really loved and I would reccomend people to read this book.:')
Slizzards
The whole concept and plot of this book was good. It wasn't until the end where I thought everything just came crashing down. For me, I felt like the ending came on too fast and it wasn't making much sense.
Harla
Only read this because I am preparing for a family night. I see why these were popular with the kids though- Quick, scary stories. Light on plot, heavy on horror...next I am reading Return of the Mummy!
Brittany Perry
I think this is the best book RL Stine ever wrote. book that had a good original twist and I loved how magic traveled them back and forth. It was a great book I wish there had been a sequel or something.
Joshua Sayers
This book was pretty good, it isn't as scary as the other goosebumps books but it still has a good storyline and good plot. There are a few nervous parts in the books. This one of the ok goosebumps books.
Pujiyanto stiffy
yang ini nih, bener-bener bikin tegang. Berasa ikutan diuber-uber sama algojonya.
untung lumayan happy ending... hanya saja, aduh R.L Stine... seperti biasa endingnya ga melegakan... malah menghantui!!!
Catie
What's The Name o...: kids discover that they're brother and sister, trapped in a dungeon on a school trip, merlin involved? [s] 3 26 May 30, 2013 08:21AM
reading log # 8 2 5 Jan 25, 2012 06:30AM
reading log #7 2 5 Jan 18, 2012 05:59AM
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones
  • The Alien (Animorphs, #8)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)