Start by marking “A Night in Terror Tower (Goosebumps, #27)” as Want to Read:
A Night in Terror Tower  (Goosebumps, #27)

A Night in Terror Tower (Goosebumps #27)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  4,682 ratings  ·  109 reviews
They're baa-aack! Make way for the bestselling children's series of all time. W/ a fresh new look, Goosebumps is set to scare a new generation of readers. Reader beware -- you're in for a scare!

All locked up and no place to go!

Sue and her brother, Eddie, are visiting London when they run into a little problem. They can't find their tour group. Still, there's no reason to p
Published August 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about A Night in Terror Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Night in Terror Tower

Night of the Living Dummy by R.L. StineSay Cheese and Die! by R.L. StineWelcome to Dead House by R.L. StineOne Day at Horrorland by R.L. StineThe Ghost Next Door by R.L. Stine
The Best of Goosebumps
18th out of 52 books — 165 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Books You Are Tired Of Hearing About
170th out of 405 books — 797 voters

More lists with this book...

Carmen
Jan 25, 2015 Carmen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Shelves: children, fiction, horror
Sue and Eddie are spending their first day in London. They do all the touristy things - Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square... but then their tour concludes with a trip to Terror Tower, a place where people were imprisoned and tortured. It is here that the siblings first spot the sinister, mysterious man who lurks in the shadows:

Glancing up, my eye caught a dark figure standing on the other side of the Rack. He was very tall and very broad. Dressed in a long black cape, he had pulled a wide-brim
Isabel Orama
The book that I read today was about a brother and sister named sue and Eddie. Their mom and dad takes them on a trip to London. Their dad says that he wants to look at some historical sites. So, they all go to a prison tower that has tours and was built in the old days. They all go on the tour, until sue And Eddie accidentally gets separated from their parents and the tour group. Sue and Eddie try's to find the tour group and their parents, but they can't find them. Then, night came. Eddie told ...more
David Santos
This is, what, book 27 that I review from Goosebumps? And I have yet another bad review.

What I really dislike about this book is the transition from reality to fantasy or "flashback" It was terribly one. It all happened in a blink of an eye....speaking of eyes who's idea was it to have these Saw Movie like contraptions in a children's book? It's one thing to have torture chambers in a book, but is it necessary to explain what they do?

"...the prisoner was stretched and stretched..until their bone
Maria del  mar QueLeerQueQuieroLeer
Soy fan desde niña de esta serie de libros y de su serie Tv jajaja claramente ya no me producen el mismo sentimiento de terror como en aquellos tiempos ... pero me traen buenos recuerdos :)

Al estar dirigida a un publico infantil el vocabulario es simple, mostrando una letra grande y clara y un lenguaje poco sofisticado con el objetivo de llamar la atención del lector joven. Los capítulos son breves (bueno en si el libro es muy ligero, pero piensa que el libro va dirigido a niños de 7 - 16 años m
Gary Gotham
A Night in Terror Tower is a chilling tale about a brother and sister who gets separated from their group, whilst on a guided tour. Eddie and Sue are left to roam around, desperately searching for their group and civilisation. Their harrowing experience only gets worse when they run into what they believe to be the nights-watchman…

I would recommend this book to upper K.S.2 pupils. They could read this book independently or part of a guided reading session. It is a short book so it shouldn't take
Aaron_ebert
"A Night in Terror Tower" by R.L.Stine is a book about Sue and Eddie's trials and tribulations as they travel through London, England.

The Plot of the story starts off as they enter the castle for a tour of Terror Tower. Terror Tower is the place that the debtors and criminals go to either live the rest of their live out in or wait for their execution. The tour guide goes on to say the children of the old King and Queen were taken to the tower to be smothered with pillows after the King and Queen
Elijah
Christy
Jan 01, 2015 Christy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who wants good scare
Recommended to Christy by: Goosebumps
Think about the worst day you could possibly have, picture that in your mind for a moment. It seems like it couldn't get worse then it does. Well, that is nothing compared to Sue and Eddie's worst day. They are living their worst night and day.

They are visiting London and since their mom and dad are at a meeting, they are on a tour. They go to the Terror Tower as the last stop of the day, but when Sue's camera falls Eddie and her are too busy arguing that their tour leaves without them.

They are
Teneka Howland
3rd - 4th grade

Stine has once again provided young readers with an amazingly suspenseful and thriller. As part of a series, this book follows the pattern of the other Goosebumps books. The front cover reels the reader in and the the text that follows keeps the reader hooked. The chapters are short, typically about 3 or 4 pages. The descriptive words used in the book creates the setting in the readers mind and creates a reality in the reader's mind. The author develops the plot quickly and the ch
Francisco
Nov 15, 2011 Francisco added it
Shelves: 12th-grade
While their parents attend a conference in London, Sue and Eddie go sightseeing. Inside "Terror Tower," both see ghosts and moving statues. The kids linger behind their tour group to investigate. They find an ancient carving inside a chamber where a young prince and princess were once left to die.
Fleeing from a dark-robed guard, Sue and Eddie rush to their hotel. Strangely, they can't remember their own last name, and their parents have vanished. Returning to Terror Tower, they find themselves i
Grant Garvis
This story is about a brother a sister that are on a vacation. They go a visit a old castle for a tour and get lost I terror tower. They lose their tour guide and see people in the shadows. When they finally escape they cant find their parents but soon find them and head back home.
Jeff
Jan 16, 2015 Jeff rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeff by: The voices in my head.
1st Read: (February 8 - March 16, 2014)

I started it and read a few chapters and then put it down for a month. I had completed it in under an hour when the time came to finishing the story. It had interesting moments, but was not good enough for me to keep in my collection. It is in very bad shape as well.
Kayla Mcminn
Read the goosebumps books and collected them at 10. I use to love them as they were a simple easy read, read multiple books a day.
R.L.Stine was my favourite author and I am currently reading his new book 'Red Rain' some years later. Such great childrens books.
Amy D
Read this quite a while ago now XD as I got my hands a loads of second-hand Goosebumps titles. But I think this was possibly my favourite <33 scary, mysterious and wonderfully bizarre I recall. Certainly recommend!!
Jewels Emily
**LIKES**
I'm a little obsessed with medieval times right now so this was definitely the book for me
The sibling rivalry between Eddie and Sue was really believable
The story from beginning, middle and end was amazing.
The way they travel between time periods was really clear and understandable
The ending was by far the greatest thing ever, it was a great way to end the story
Making Eddie a pick pocket was a great little detail to the story

**DISLIKES**
the fact that you never know what Eddie and Sues l
Leah Bundy
3 stars for 3rd grade nostalgia. ;) No more because as I revisit it now, it's one of the corniest things ever. Ever.
Noelle Walsh
This book did creep me out somewhat when I read it the first time. Maybe it was the getting separated from the main group that creeper me out originally, but I didn't read this very much before I gave up on the series.
Bailee Fontenot
Very interesting and a little scary I did not expect some of the parts in the book!!!
Kayleigh Marie
I love re-reading all the goosebumps books! It takes me back to my childhood :)
Anson Ng
This was really scary back when I read it.
Anand Srivastava
very interesting book by r.l. stine.
Natsu
I like the ending haha..
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

I don't remember ever reading this book, but I remember the episode well. This is another fantastic entry in the series! The action starts off fairly early in the plot, and I found myself becoming more intrigued and involved as the mystery deepened. Is the story completely farfetched? Yes! But in my opinion it's done brilliantly. Loved this one. As did my inner child.

Read from October 3, 2013 - October 3, 2013
Nasser
This book i about two kids and their grandpa and they just won a trip to the tower which is themed like the middle ages so whoever goes in there knows what the middle ages feel. But the problem is when they enter the tower their whole life gets turned upside down because their whole life style ends up in the middle ages and its becomes a very scary thing for them but they escape the middle ages life once they helped each other and pulled through. I really liked this book.
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Matthew Ledrew
Tried to think of books that have given me the willies, and it’s hard… Honestly, because I’m a horror author, nothing much gets to me. It doesn’t register as “scary fiction,” just as “fiction.” But when I thought back to my childhood, the Goosebumps series jumped out at me… And A Night in Terror Tower returned to my mind. This book taught me so much about suspenseful pacing at a young age, it’s likely to blame for my ability to pace horror fiction now.
Tracey
I saw the twist coming from 10 miles away but I still thought it was a good one. This would have made a great fantasy novel for young adults if it was more fleshed out.
Caroline
I was hooked on these series as a kid. I remember when this first book came out and all the hype surrounding it, and quickly joined in on scarfing these things down. They were fun at the time, although even in grade school they had me rolling my eyes at some of the goofiness (and the cliffhanger chapter endings! Every chapter, without fail!).
Drucilla
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. I would have given it 4 stars, but I thought it was stupid that (view spoiler) Other than that, I really enjoyed it. It's one of the few Goosebumps books I think could have been a full length novel.
What's The Name o...: kids discover that they're brother and sister, trapped in a dungeon on a school trip, merlin involved? [s] 3 27 May 30, 2013 08:21AM
reading log # 8 2 5 Jan 25, 2012 06:30AM
reading log #7 2 5 Jan 18, 2012 05:59AM
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • The Decision (Animorphs, #18)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)