Start by marking “Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5” as Want to Read:
Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5

Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5 (Classic G.I. Joe #5)

Larry Hama's original G.I. Joe saga continues with another ten-issue installment! Witness COBRA's continued manipulation of the JOEs, Destro captures a squad of new JOEs on a training mission, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow seek revenge against Zartan, and much more. The classic Marvel Comics G.I. Joe gets new life in this fifth collection of must-have JOE stories! This actio ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by IDW Publishing (first published December 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5

Don
Jan 13, 2015 Don rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great set. G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero issues #40-49. This had some epic moments from the series. You find out who killed the hard master, Cobra launches an ingenious plan to trick the Joes into creating Cobra Island, Zartan jnfiltrates The Pit, Serpentor is created, and finally Ripcord tips off the Joes to the location of Springfield, leading up to a massive assault in issue #50, a special double issue. Great story arc, some of the best of the series I remembered and it's still gr ...more
Reepacheep
Feb 07, 2012 Reepacheep rated it liked it
So handy having these things compiled into book form like this, and then discovering that my local library system carries the series! I screen these before letting my sons read them, but I enjoyed G.I. Joe toys and cartoons back when I was a kid, so it's fun for me, too, to read these stories (which I didn't do as a kid).
Patrick
Mar 19, 2008 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall it's pretty good... if you can overlook the poor art and editing. Dr. Mindbender was called Dr. Brainwave multiple times in the beginning and then at the very end again! Stalker was colored as a white guy in a panel and Gung Ho was drawn in two separate transport planes at the same time!
Timothy Boyd
Jan 25, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent blend of the comic superhero style storytelling and a military war comics. Huge cast of characters and a great evil villain and organization balances the series well. Very recommended.
Brian
Dec 31, 2015 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just keeps getting better and better! If there was any complaint at all, it's that the new characters keep rolling in and older characters get lost.
Brent
Aug 04, 2008 Brent rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gi-joe
See G.I. Joe #1
Matt
Feb 05, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: g-i-joe
More awesome. The story where Rip-Cord and Zartan get switched is awesome, and the assault on Springfield/rise of Serpentor is FANTASTIC. I freaking love this comic.
Jdetrick
The end of the Golden Age of the GIJoe comic. The crazier elements begin to creep in here, but Larry Hama keeps them grounded. That won't always be the case.
Nick Schroeder
Nick Schroeder rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Michael Dulock
Michael Dulock rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Peter Nordgren
Peter Nordgren rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Ngô Khánh
Ngô Khánh rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2013
Joseph
Joseph rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Jerry Martin
Jerry Martin rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Jon Schafle
Jon Schafle rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2012
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
May 06, 2011
Rick
Rick rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2012
Charles H Berlemann Jr
Charles H Berlemann Jr rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2010
Brian Penick
Brian Penick rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Daryl
Daryl rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2008
Shannon Haddock
Shannon Haddock rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Jeffrey Garfield
Jeffrey Garfield rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2016
David Brzezinski
David Brzezinski rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2011
Ryans_Comics
Ryans_Comics rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2009
Doyle
Doyle rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Larry Hama is an American writer, artist, actor and musician who has worked in the fields of entertainment and publishing since the 1960s.

During the 1970s, he was seen in minor roles on the TV shows M*A*S*H and Saturday Night Live, and appeared on Broadway in two roles in the original 1976 production of Stephen Sondheim's Pacific Overtures.

He is best known to American comic book readers as a write
More about Larry Hama...

Classic G.I. Joe (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero,  Volume 1