Start by marking “Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5” as Want to Read:
Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5

Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5 (Classic G.I. Joe #5)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Larry Hama's original G.I. Joe saga continues with another ten-issue installment! Witness COBRA's continued manipulation of the JOEs, Destro captures a squad of new JOEs on a training mission, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow seek revenge against Zartan, and much more. The classic Marvel Comics G.I. Joe gets new life in this fifth collection of must-have JOE stories! This actio ...more
Published September 22nd 2009 by IDW Publishing (first published December 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 5

Jdetrick
The end of the Golden Age of the GIJoe comic. The crazier elements begin to creep in here, but Larry Hama keeps them grounded. That won't always be the case.
Reepacheep
So handy having these things compiled into book form like this, and then discovering that my local library system carries the series! I screen these before letting my sons read them, but I enjoyed G.I. Joe toys and cartoons back when I was a kid, so it's fun for me, too, to read these stories (which I didn't do as a kid).
Patrick
Overall it's pretty good... if you can overlook the poor art and editing. Dr. Mindbender was called Dr. Brainwave multiple times in the beginning and then at the very end again! Stalker was colored as a white guy in a panel and Gung Ho was drawn in two separate transport planes at the same time!
Matt
More awesome. The story where Rip-Cord and Zartan get switched is awesome, and the assault on Springfield/rise of Serpentor is FANTASTIC. I freaking love this comic.
Brent
See G.I. Joe #1
Les Hoppe
Les Hoppe marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Adam
Adam added it
Jun 07, 2015
Bethany Hall
Bethany Hall marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Jon
Jon added it
Feb 15, 2015
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Larry Hama is an American writer, artist, actor and musician who has worked in the fields of entertainment and publishing since the 1960s.

During the 1970s, he was seen in minor roles on the TV shows M*A*S*H and Saturday Night Live, and appeared on Broadway in two roles in the original 1976 production of Stephen Sondheim's Pacific Overtures.

He is best known to American comic book readers as a write
More about Larry Hama...

Classic G.I. Joe (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero,  Volume 1
  • Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 8
  • Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 9
  • Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 10
  • Classic G.I. Joe, Volume 11
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero,  Volume 1 G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Volume 2 G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Volume 3 Essential Wolverine, Vol. 2 G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Volume 4