Start by marking “Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania

Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania

Published January 1st 2010 by Summerside Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania

Lori
Nov 24, 2009 Lori rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lori by: Carman
As this is Cerella's debut novel, this was my first time reading her work; however, it will not be my last. She has quickly been added to my "must read" author list. YAY! Her book is easily my favorite Contemporary Romance so far for 2010. It would be nice to see a sequel, because I would love to find out what happens to some of her secondary characters. Though I'm not a huge fan of cooking or baking myself, for some reason, I love reading about characters who enjoy it.

We meet Sadie after she ha
Renee
Jan 01, 2010 Renee rated it it was amazing
Okay I should have waited until the end of the year to read this book...you know save the best for last and that sort of thing. I LOVED this book and I'm so excited to add Cerella Sechrist to my "must read" author list. What a way to start the new year!

You all know that I love the Love Finds You series but Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania, is by far, my favorite. There's a little bit of everything in it, including romance (*sigh* some scenes in this book are soooo romantic, think Romeo an
Carman
Jan 05, 2010 Carman rated it it was amazing
Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania is the sometimes sweet, sometimes sour tale of Sadie Spencer’s journey towards learning to trust and learning to let go. This book will really make you think about your priorities. What are you making into a big deal that doesn’t need to be? What are you neglecting that is really important? I’m definitely going to be shuffling some things around since reading this book.

Jasper is amazing! He had so much patience and forgiveness, that I was shamed at my own
Amber (CurrentlyAmber)
Random read for me, I buddy read this with my mom.

I couldn't stand the main character Sadie. At all.
She walked all over her 'Best friend' later love interest. He was her babysitter, (All the time) Her diver, Her cook, Her cleaner and her doormat. I couldn't stand it. I don't think I've ever been so disgusted with or hated a character as much as Sadie. I gave this book two stars instead of one because Of Kylie's cuteness. Which was the ONLY thing that kept me reading.
Teresa Snyder
Jan 18, 2012 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it
This was a laugh out loud book. It had a few unexpected twist and turns. Although it was a good book, it lacked a little in the romance department. Not sure what was missing ... All in all it was a good book.
Dec 20, 2010 Melissa rated it did not like it
I really didn't like this book. I thought the main character was horrible to her best friend, turned love interest. The child was written in an obnoxious way, as if the author doesn't know any kids. I wanted to like this book, but it was bad.
Michelle Hart
May 23, 2017 Michelle Hart rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
Just as saccharine-sweet as you would expect 'love finds you' set in Chocolate Town. I expected that and was ready for it. However, the leading lady was SO annoying! She loves her daughter, but hands almost all parenting duties off to her best friend. A cute guy best friend that she never notices is a cute guy or that they're basically married since he takes care of her house and kid, runs her all over town, and is always always always there for her when her latest calamity strikes. The daughter ...more
Victor Gentile
Dec 11, 2009 Victor Gentile rated it really liked it
Cerella D. Sechrist in her new book, “Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania” which is part of the Love Finds You In… series published by Summerside Pressl takes us to Hershey, PA. Though it is part of a series all of these books are stand alone novels so you can read this one alone without missing anything. All of the Love Finds You In… series are set in real cities in states across our great nation and are set in different time periods by different authors. What makes these separate books par ...more
Apr 16, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: LOVE FINDS YOU IN HERSHEY, PENNSYLVANIA
Author: Cerella D. Sechrist
Publisher: Summerside Press
January 2010
ISBN: 978-1-935416-64-7
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary romance

Chef Sadie Spencer is working her way back up from the bottom. Years earlier, she’d written two successful cookbooks, ran a television program, and had a successful eatery. Now, she only has a moderately sized restaurant in Hershey, where she has a small, but loyal following. Sadie has a four-year-old daughter, and her lon
Ashley
Jan 02, 2010 Ashley rated it really liked it
Contemporary fiction isn’t usually my thing but, Love Finds You in Hershey Pennsylvania was heartfelt fiction at its best. I loved Sadie. She is very much a perfectionist and thinks if she could just have a little more of this or a little more of that, then life would be made. Instead of be happy with the talents the God gave her. But when it comes to desserts, Sadies' sure they have a vendetta against her .But shes' not alone in this "duel with deliciousness". With her, is her adorable little d ...more
Amber Stokes
Apr 11, 2010 Amber Stokes rated it really liked it
Note: Re-read for the Contentment Reading Challenge 2013!

Oh, readers, what a sweet, fun book! I so enjoyed my time reading this story, and I loved being immersed into Hershey, Pennsylvania. And if you think I'm biased because I'm a chocolate-lover, well you could be right! However, I believe this story would be scrumptious even if I wasn't such a fan of chocolate!

I loved the characters so much, from adorable Kylie to charming Dmitri to Belva (everybody's dream mother-in-law!). One aspect I reall
Loraine
SUMMARY: Chef Sadie Spencer is livig the sweet life, running a successful eatery in the charming town of Hershey. That is, until a handsome stranger arrives with plans to open a competing restaurant. Will Sadie melt under the pressure…or find a love that's simply icing on the cake?

REVIEW: Throughout most of the book, I found the main character, Sadie Spencer, self-centered, ditzy, prideful and controlling. Her one redeeming quality was her love for her daughter Kylie. How her good friend Jasper
Jules Q
Feb 27, 2013 Jules Q rated it really liked it
As a rule, I'm not a fan of inspirational fiction nor typical romantic comedy, but Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania expertly transcends the stereotypes of both genres. It is engaging from start to finish, the characters are just like people I've known in my life, and the situations that Sadie Spencer encounters are fully believable and often hilarious. Even the two or three scenes that serve simply to further the plot do not seem forced or the least bit preposterous. And this is one of th ...more
Jane
Sep 11, 2010 Jane rated it it was amazing
Sadie moves back to her home town after her husband passes away. She takes care of her Mom with cancer until she goes to heaven. Then her best friend, Jasper, helps her take care of Kylie, her 4 going on 5 year old daughter.
Sadie has gotten used to having Jasper around. She has grown comfortable with him. but then a Russian starts coming to the restaurant she manages and she gets shook up and becomes very competitive.
So competitive that when there is a dessert contest she enters even though she
⚜Trea⚜
The first time I read this book, I called it an "Excellent book that made me laugh and cry, and one I could not put down!" After re-reading it this time around, I find that my perception has changed somewhat. It is still a good book, worth reading at least once, but I can't really find a reason to read it again and again. It still made me cry, which tells me that I was still able to identify with and connect to the characters, but it didn't have that laugh out loud quality for me the second time ...more
Doris
Apr 18, 2012 Doris rated it it was ok
I just couldn't get past page 50. I usually give a book 100, but this was the second book in a row that was bad. There is an "almost 5 year old" that talks like a 2 year old. Nowhere was it mentioned that she was impaired. This child speaking seems to be a big part of the story, and it was tiring.

I really wanted to like this book. I visit Hershey regularly and the author lives in the next county from me, but alas........

This was my second attempt at the "Love Finds You" series (the other also l
Janet
Oct 07, 2012 Janet rated it liked it
This book held my interest for the lesson it was trying to teach. At this point I have not decided if I will continue reading the series located in other cities and states.
It was nice to read the story located in an area I am familiar with and shows how business in a small town can be tough as well as a great competition. This story also shows how love can be right in front of you without you knowing it right away.
This is a book I would recommend for light reading but definitely not a book tha
Marvy Herrera
So i love hershey chocolat, this it's not the usual love story Sadie it's let's be honest a big hot mess and Jasper it's the best lovely and the best friend anyone will ever wish for..This book took me for surprise and must say i'm grateful i read it i realise about a couple unfinshed things i let on the air..I learn this reading: Never take the love of someone for granted, you must forgive in order to recive forgiveness,fears will never let you move on and be were God want you to be and that wh ...more
Patty LeBlanc
Feb 20, 2011 Patty LeBlanc rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book. The main character, Sadie, cracked me up time after time. Her type A personality with being such a perfectionist hit close to home. I felt for those around her when she had her moments. But then again, we all have those moments. Sadie has been through a lot and is trying to get her life on track, but that which eludes her is something she just can't get past. Sadie gets so focused that she loses sight of what matters most. I really liked this book and would definitely r ...more
Maureen Timerman
Feb 08, 2011 Maureen Timerman rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Sadie has been through a lot of heart ache in her life. She has had a missing Dad all her life. When she falls in love, her husband dies right after her baby is born. She moves home and loses her Mom to cancer.
She starts relying only on herself and is afraid to trust.
I loved the interaction between Jasper and Kylie! So funny! What patience Jasper has! Watch out for the volcano's!
This book will make you happy and sad...and a lot of flying desserts! I would recommend this book to anyone who wants
Robin
Jul 28, 2014 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: love-finds-you
Honestly I was't really impressed with this book. It lacked the interesting spark the others had. I wish she would have gotten together with the awesome Russian guy. It just wasn't very interesting. I give it a 3 star rating.
I've loved all the other Love Finds You books, don't get me wrong I liked this book, but I didn't blown me away. Wished it would have had more in the romantic side. But I do hope you enjoy the other books!
Lori
Feb 17, 2012 Lori rated it it was ok
I picked this one up because I live near Hershey and have always loved the magical charm of this town. but I felt like the author tried too hard to tie in Hershey and it didn't feel like the Hershey I know. The main character was selfish and unlikeable. The small mob tie-in seemed unnecessary and a bit ridiculous. The ending was completely predictable. just really didn't like much about this book.
Aug 21, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
I really truly wanted to like this book. I gave it 2 stars because I was able to finish it, and the daughter and mother-in-law were the Characters that stole the show.

Why I couldn't give it more? The female character was ridiculous. Yes, I know that in romance books there must be conflict, but her behaviors were over the top and not healthy and I wanted to tell her boyfriend/best friend to run (not walk) away.
Jul 08, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
I have read a big majority of the books in the Love Finds You series and while I have found most of them to be delightful and fun to read, this book was ok but not my favorite. It was kind of slow and drug on a bit more than necessary and there was no exciting plot line. You knew after the first few chapters how it was going to end but it took a while to get there.
Dawn
Mar 02, 2010 Dawn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: For anyone who enjoys Christian Fiction.
Recommended to Dawn by: It caught my eye because I love Hershey, PA.
A light story that takes place in one of my favorite Pennsylvania towns. I enjoy Christian Fiction. Sadie, the main character, really annoyed me through most of the book. I felt she was very self centered and didn't appreciate all that she had. Fortunately, she redeemed herself before the end of the book. I look forward to reading more books in the "Love Finds You" series.
Laura Walker
Aug 02, 2014 Laura Walker rated it really liked it
Have you ever wanted to win a contest so badly that you gave up every other important thing in your life to do it? Sadie realizes she's made a huge mistake when she almost loses her relationship to her best friend/love of her life and her father due to her obsession at creating the perfect dessert. Even chefs have an Achilles Heel! Good read! Eating chocolate with it is even better!
Pam
Jun 10, 2015 Pam rated it liked it
The book was okay. The heroine was a dramatic, needy type. I was glad she finally showed some growth and wised up to become more worthy of the very nice hero. I enjoyed the daughter in this book more than the mother, though I do think she should have been told "no" more often. All the toys down the "volcano" (toilet) were a bit much.All the supporting characters were very good.
Megan
Jul 20, 2011 Megan rated it it was ok
The story we decent, but misleading. The main characters were hard to care about because they are either neurotic or 'door mat' like. The highlight was the daughter wonderful and needed comic relief.

Read the book as part of a series.

Mildly entertaining, a great airport book read and leave without much remorse.
Jenny
Feb 10, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
My favorite "Love Finds You" book. Very witty and entertaining (though the heroine is extremely quirky). I laughed a lot and really enjoyed it. This is the one of, if not the first, book by this author, and I look forward to reading more of her work.
Sara
Jan 15, 2012 Sara rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian, chick-lit
Wasn't too bad, a fluffy read. Although I didn't think it terribly realistic that she couldn't make any deserts, even cookies, and that she didn't taste her contest "creation" at all before submitting it. Isn't that one of the cardinal rules of cooking?
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 05, 2015 03:01PM
  • Love Finds You in Camelot, Tennessee
  • Love Finds You in Silver City, Idaho
  • Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada
  • Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire

“What you hold in your heart is far greater than the things you hold in your hand.” 2 likes
“Some people thought spring was the time of renewal, but Sadie had always equated that feeling with autumn. It felt like a shedding of mistakes - falling leaves, crisp breezes. As if you could cast off an old skin to work on a new one.” 2 likes