Start by marking “Famous” as Want to Read:
Famous

Famous

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Famous follows one year in the life of thirty-three-year-old Samantha True, a self-confessed SPG (Single Professional Girl) living in the heart of Auckland City. She works as a "suit" for one of the city's leading advertising agencies and is definitely happy with her life exactly the way it is - no emotional ties, no relationship hang ups and plenty of money, clothes and g ...more
Published June 17th 2005 by HarperCollins New Zealand (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Famous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Famous

Katherine A.
This is definitely a "just for fun" book...if you like the humor of Absolutely Fabulous (which I do) I think you'll enjoy it, even if deciphering the New Zealand slang was a bit dodgy at times.

Of course there are parts that stretch credibility...the amount of public fascination with Sam (that stretches over months), her utter and abject horror (and ineptitude) after arriving at the "shack," and ehh, to some extent, the ending. (view spoiler)
Annie
I don't usually read romance novels anymore, but it was free on Kindle, so what the heck. It wasn't too bad, I had no trouble getting to the end. Didn't understand the Kiwi terms. Must take a trip to NZ to learn the lingo!
Susan
Giggles to the point of getting my husband's attention at the antics of these three besties! Sam, 'Mands and Lizzie live unbelievable glamorous fun lives, full of champagne, designer clothes, fabulous jobs, cars, homes . . . perfect book lives. Reading along as Sam's accidental brush with fame sends her life into hell after she sleeps with a famous soccer player was hilarious! I truly cracked up laughing, out LOUD. I will forever more refer to champagne as bubbles!
Bev
It's a good choice for a vacation book, when you want to get away from it all. She writes very well & there are some funny moments that you can almost see yourself in. This is not the type book I normally pick up & if it had been I would most likely given it another star. I actually would have liked it if the book were a bit longer & you could see her choices and how she ended up making the choice she did. I would certainly read another Kate Langdon book.
Sandy
This was just a good book. Enjoyable characters, nice story. It's not an edge-of-the-seat page turner or a literary masterpiece but I enjoyed settling down with Sam, Mands, Lizzie and Elsie at the end of a busy day. I recommend it if you're looking for a good story.
Brian
Not bad

funny in many ways,tends to drag some. no real development of the love story, but not a shocking end. tedious in parts if you aren't British or a social diva. enjoyed it for a casual read though.
Jessica
It was alright. The story is basically about a girl who sleeps with someone famous and while she didn't know who he was at the time....it upsets her entire life. It ends well. If you are just looking for something to read, this could be it but there is nothing terribly special about it.
Belinda Camarena
This is a fun book about three friends and how glamorous there lives are till one of them has to run from that life. It's a little slow but it was relaxing and fun to read. I enjoyed it very much.
lucy
Great book

A little slow to start but was a definite good read.It's not often you find a book that makes you laugh out loud. This one did just that.

Pam Balog
Fun read

This story made me laugh out loud so many times, I lost count. A warm story about friendship, family, growing up and love.
Becki Friesen
This book definitely made me giggle a lot...... But it kinda dragged in areas and I wish that there was more in depth with the vet and jock....
B. Yvonne Haney
It was ok

This story was ok.
Why are all this books condensed? it's hard to read with the bits and pieces missing.
Heather
This was a nice break from the serious stuff I've been reading lately. Funny and believable. I was so glad she chose the good guy.
SandraE
I finished this book hoping I would eventually not hate the main character and it did not happen.
Debbie Zahurones
This book had a slow start, but enjoyed the humor and characters.
Beverly
A bit over the top, trying to be funny. Easy read!
Kim
It's a Bridget joes meets shopaholic book. Fun read.
Jw Hart
Laugh out loud hilarious!
Hilary
This book was SO fun! It was funny and I really enjoyed it.
Kristin
This book was a slow start for me. It felt like there was too much getting to know the character in the beginning before we got to the incident. After that I really enjoyed the story as a nice light read. The end was a little disappointing for me. I personally don't enjoy a short epilogue ending to tie up lose ends. It always feels like the author wasn't sure how to get from the end of the book to where s/he wanted it to end. Personal preference.
Lisa
Chick Lit, most definitely, but don't let that put you off.
As far as chick lit goes this was quite humorous, and it had a good flow to it.
Some very funny moments with bikini waxing and un-invited wild animals.
I'm not normally a fan of NZ based books, but it was nice to read something I could really picture in my mind since I have lived in Auckland, and driven through if not stayed in similar small Kiwi towns.

Karen Carney
Funny. Better then I thought. Very enjoyable.
Julie
I am all for fluffy, mindless chick lit. That being said, this book took that a little too far. It took me a while to read it because it kept putting me to sleep.
Linda T
the catty fasionista characters were not for me.
Beth
Enjoyable and fluffy book that had a "feel good" flavor to it. It was somewhat predictable although that didn't take away from the enjoyment. Happy ending!
Ebony
My New Favorite Author... Dont know how I missed this at publication Date! a fantastic read :) Cant wait for her to write the next one.....
Nikki
For the first three fourth of the book I desperately wanted to stop reading. It only won me over at the very very end.
Erika Campbell-duritsky
Horrible book... It jumped around and the ending seemed forced. Boooo! Don't waste ur time!
Deyara
Mostly liked it because it was set in Auckland :)
Becky
Not a bad book.
  • Bias Cut
  • When Girlfriends Make Choices
  • My Christmas Curse
  • Treasure Uncovered (Bellingwood, #3)
  • Young Love Lost
  • Summer Dreams
  • Relentless (The Fallon Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Just Add Trouble (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #3)
  • Living Lies (Agent Melanie Ward, #1)
  • Deep Fried and Pickled (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles #1)
  • Coco Pinchard's Big Fat Tipsy Wedding (Coco Pinchard, #2)
  • Death Waltz in Vienna
  • Crazy, VA (Lil and Boris #1)
  • The Jewel Box
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Toad (Cindy Eller, #1)
  • The Explosive Nature of Friendship (The Greek Village, #3)
  • The Seven Steps to Closure
  • Secrets on the Sand (The Billionaires of Barefoot Bay, #1)
Making Lemonade That Slippery Slope Miss Geschick Roman

“While lying in traction in the hospital the next day, I informed Jerry that he could promptly take his cake, hideous football photo and smelly socks and fuck off out of my apartment.” 0 likes
“champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and” 0 likes