Start by marking “How to Make Your Man Behave in 21 Days or Less Using the Secrets of Professional Dog Trainers” as Want to Read:

One of the funniest and most astutely observed works on the sexes since James Thurber, How to Make Your Man Behave in 21 Days of Less Using the Secrets of Professional Dog Trainers (over 207,000 copies in print) turns the often-expressed axiom "Men are dogs" into a howling little handbook on men for contemporary women.

Doggie Dos and Don'ts: "Gentle strokes and playful pett
Published January 4th 1994 by Workman Publishing Company

Be the first to ask a question about How to Make Your Man Behave in 21 Days or Less Using the Secrets of Professional Dog Trainers

Manny
Jul 12, 2010 Manny rated it it was ok
It doesn't live up to its title. But then, what could?
Amanda
Nov 27, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
Cute gag gift.
Lady Ozma
Jan 26, 2008 Lady Ozma rated it it was ok
Recommended to Lady Ozma by: Susan
Shelves: 2008
This book reads in about ten minutes flat and the pictures are the most enjoyable part of the book.

With a promising title, I expected more than the few humours tidbits. Oh the places the imagination wants to go when looking at the cover!

If you see this nugget in a bookstore, library, or a friend's shelf go ahead and pick it up. When you put it down in a few minutes, having completed it, remember the tips within for dealing with the troublesome man in your life.

I will give the author she speaks
Kate
I love Karen Salmansohn's other books and I was hopeful that this would be another that I'd absolutely fall in love with.

Unfortunately, I felt like this book was kind of "Ok, I've got a really great title, I'm short on cash this month, let me throw in some pithy sayings comparing men to dogs and we'll call it a book."

The idea behind the book is kind of "All I need to know about men I learned from dogs" and the suggestions are things like, "show him a treat and he'll do what you want" and "be fi
Lydia
May 05, 2008 Lydia rated it did not like it
It's a funny story how I obtained this book...The other day, my son received a Amazon.com package in the mail from his Grandma and Grandpa, and we couldn't wait to see what book they had sent. We were a little confused on the message my parents were giving us when all that was in the box was this book. My mom was absolutely horrified and embarassed because it was supposed to be the Beatrix Potter series. Just had to give that disclaimer before I received any judgments on why in the world I had ...more
Ghostwriter
Mar 17, 2013 Ghostwriter rated it did not like it
Just replace the word "Man" in the title with "Woman" and see how many women (especially those screaming "i'm a feminist" types) will find it equally amazing and funny to be compared with an animal. But hey, if it's a man, then it's ok, it's a fluffy satire no big deal.
If so then recommended for those who are into bestiality.
Sydney
Sep 29, 2012 Sydney rated it did not like it
Shelves: mock-me
Ehh. I enjoyed some of Karen Salmansohn's other books (namely, "The Bounce Back Book"), but this one seemed to be going for cute-with-a-wink, but I don't think it made it. I picked it up at a garage sale for a quarter, so I gave it a shot. I'm glad I didn't pay full price.
Bgordonsgirl
Aug 17, 2008 Bgordonsgirl rated it it was amazing
This book is a hoot! It compares various types of men to breeds of dogs--the terrier, for example, is aggressive, feisty, persistent, and makes a loyal companion, but he has a tendency to try to dominate. Corrective measures are listed...
Maria Alfonzo
Oct 24, 2008 Maria Alfonzo rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all women in a relationship
I just picked up this book today and read the whole thing. It's funny. I was captured by the title, of course =)
Jo
Dec 19, 2010 Jo rated it liked it
Shelves: humour, non-fiction
Just goes to prove the old adage that men are all dogs. Very amusing and really quite true. I recognised various doggy traits in the men in my life!
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Mandy
Mandy rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2013
Julia Mitchell
Julia Mitchell rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Tamara
Tamara rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2015
Melissa De la cruz
Melissa De la cruz rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2015
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2007
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Nellie
Nellie rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2008
Bernadette
Bernadette rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2013
Mimi Marten
Mimi Marten rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Royale
Royale rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2012
Irene Mallya
Irene Mallya rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Celeste
Celeste rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Laura S
Laura S rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
It'sMe
It'sMe rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2009
Kenneth Waweru
Kenneth Waweru rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2013
kym
kym rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2011
Jo Barton
Jun 24, 2013 Jo Barton rated it liked it
Quirky , funny - not to be taken seriously.
Claire McGinn
Claire McGinn rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2011