A Supremacia de Cristo em um Mundo Pós-Moderno

A Supremacia de Cristo em um Mundo Pós-Moderno

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  300 ratings  ·  18 reviews

In a postmodern society where “absolute truth” is a foreign concept and religion is without morals, Christians often wonder, “How can I share the love, joy, and truth of Christ with a hurting world?”

Six of today’s leading pastor-theologians—John Piper, Voddie Baucham, D. A. Carson, Tim Keller, Mark Driscoll, and David Wells—have joined together to offer Christians a pract

Published 2007 by CPAD

To ask other readers questions about A Supremacia de Cristo em um Mundo Pós-Moderno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Supremacia de Cristo em um Mundo Pós-Moderno

Jeff
A couple of weeks ago I finished reading a collection of essays that was edited by John Piper. All of these essays centered around the idea of Christ's supremacy in the postmodern/relativistic culture in which we live.

These essays are the product of a conference in which these different theologians gathered together to talk about this exact issue.

The contributers to this collections are:

David Wells

Voddie Baucham Jr.

John Piper

D.A. Carson

Tim Keller

Mark Driscoll

When I first opened this book and jum...more
John Gardner
How can the church teach the gospel of a man who claimed to be “the Truth” to a world that hates truth claims? That was the topic being addressed at the 2006 Desiring God National Conference. This book is basically transcripts of the plenary sessions from that conference.

Each chapter corresponds to the message presented by each of the speakers at the conference: David Wells, Voddie Baucham, Tim Keller, Mark Driscoll, D.A. Carson, and John Piper… not a bad lineup! There is also a chapter titled “...more
Michael Preston
When I bought this book, I bought it because of it's interesting title. I was taking a lot of philosophy classes at Belhaven and I thought this would look good on my shelf. For whatever reason I decided to pick up the book and start reading. The next thing i new I was underlining, writing in margins, circling and looking up definitions for words. The book had gripped me philosophically, theologically, missionaly, culturally, practically, and so much more!

I couldn't decide what "Shelf" to put th...more
Janice
This book is edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor and has some topnotch Reformed pastor/theologians contributing: David Wells, Voddie Baucham, D. A. Carson, Tim Keller, Mark Driscoll, and John Piper.It is a great addition to the library of anyone who wants to put Christ above all things in this postmodern world. At the end of the book there are two different discussions lead by Justin Taylor that help even more to flesh out their theology particularly in regards to the emergent church. The boo...more
Lori
Informative and definitely a resource, enjoyed conversations in the back of the book.
Vaclav
this was great! Christ lifted up to the highest place, supreme in all of life! i love Piper! ;)
Chris
Good read - compilations of several different authors, all writing towards a common theme of the "centrality and absolute supremacy of Jesus Christ."
Sean
This was a breath of fresh air. The men who wrote this book have great insight into the Postmodern world and explain their ideas with intellect and with tact. I enjoyed this read because it put into terms many of those things I've thought about but couldn't articulate. Great stuff if you have a desire to engage our culture for Christ.
Kurt
Some of the essays were much less effective than others (Wells was a little too dry and philosophical for me, and Baucham's political references sounded wrong), but this is an alright book overall. I can't think of a situation in which I would recommend it with any enthusiasm, though.
Andrew
Great summary of that DG conference. Each speaker has their own view but I continually found myself challenged too share the Gospel on the home front. A big reminder that personal testimony paired with Scripture is probably the best postmodern witnessing tool.
Ryan Burns
Great book by some of the top christian leaders and speakers today. Pulled from their talks at the '06 Desiring God Conference, each chapter can be read as an independently. These men do a great job of explaining how postmodernism is changing the world.
Jared Daugherty
This book is a compilation of many different pastors across the country talking about the attack on truth and how to effectively point to the truth which is only in Christ Jesus in this postmodern world. Great read!
Jonathan Cavett

No new information here, but it is the sound reformed theology that one would expect from these faithful men.
Aaron Carlberg
This is an excellent book you should all read. The chapters by Voddie Baucham and Mark Driscol are wonderful.
Sally
I appreciated the variety in the authors and the subject matter. Food for thought.
Daniel
A Brilliant collection of essays from the best of contemporary Christian theologians.
Mark
Some of the authors are a five star and some could bot keep my attention.
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Kimberly Erskine
Kimberly Erskine marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
  • Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications
  • The Radical Reformission: Reaching Out Without Selling Out
  • What Is Reformed Theology?: Understanding the Basics
  • Christless Christianity: The Alternative Gospel of the American Church
  • The Glory of Christ
  • No Place for Truth: Or, Whatever Happened to Evangelical Theology
  • Treasuring God in Our Traditions
  • In Christ Alone: Living the Gospel Centered Life
  • What's So Great About the Doctrines of Grace?
  • The Gospel According to Jesus: What Is Authentic Faith?
  • According to Plan
John Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. For 33 years, he served as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

He grew up in Greenville, South Carolina, and studied at Wheaton College, Fuller Theological Seminary (B.D.), and the University of Munich (D.theol.). For six years, he taught Biblical Studies at Bethe...more
More about John Piper...
Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist Don't Waste Your Life The Pleasures of God: Meditations on God's Delight in Being God The Passion of Jesus Christ Let the Nations Be Glad!: The Supremacy of God in Missions

“If there is not radical, concrete growth in humble love towards everyone (even your enemies), you don’t really know you are a sinner saved by grace. And if there is not radical, concrete growth in confidence and joy (even in difficulties), you don’t really know you are a sinner saved by grace.
- Timothy Keller”