Start by marking “Sleep, Baby, Sleep” as Want to Read:
Sleep, Baby, Sleep

Sleep, Baby, Sleep

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  26 reviews
If a parent could vocalize all her deepest hopes for her child, this is what she might say...

Every parent has hopes and dreams for their children? that they will play and explore, learn and grow. That they will experience life's many wonders and persevere through its many challenges. That they will one day leave the protection of home and go off into the world strong, ha
Published October 29th 2009 by Philomel (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sleep, Baby, Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep, Baby, Sleep

Rosa Cline
Jun 26, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rosa by: Dolly Parton Imagination Library
This is a very sweet bedtime-reminder we love you type book. Would be perfect for a baby shower gift! My 2 year old granddaughter has enjoyed it since she received it as a 11 mth old from her monthly Dolly Parton Imagination Library books. The illustrations are soft and gentle (not to over stimulating) the verses are gentle and very touching. Many various animals involved with the story on each page. Adorable book
The Library Lady
The art is lovely. I don't recognize the Mother Goose rhyme cited, but the words fit the German cradle song that translates to: "Sleep, little one sleep. Your daddy tends the sheep..."

Used with the tune, this might work as a bedtime book. But some of the verses are more in touch with concepts a parent would understand rather than a baby or toddler, which diminishes its child appeal.
Marie
The language in this book is lovely, though the concepts are beyond a child to understand. This would be a wonderful book to share with a child on your lap.

I'm considering using it with my babies & tots but singing the first line, the 2nd line, and then skipping to the 5th line. We'll see how that goes.
Jim
This quiet, gentle bedtime book will be a favorite of kids at bedtime. The quiet text is rendered in gorgeous watercolor and line art by Maria van Lieshout, whose little book series (Bloom, Peep, and Splash) are favorites at our house. A fine book your kids will love.
Emily Webb
My daughter is 19 months, she can't get enough of this book! She knows the animals on every page and she knows the word associated with the page. We read it before naps and bedtime. It is a great book of encouragement and love for your little ones!
Amanda Fletcher
I read this to my 6 month old at bedtime and she sat spellbound. Great rhythm and rhymes. I loved the message of each verse and had tears at the end. I want to keep reading her this book as she grows and understands more of the content.
Allison
A beautiful book that expands upon the original "Sleep, Baby, Sleep" lullabye. My only complaint is that it doesn't include any inkling that it is a song, so you would have to know that yourself if you wanted to use it that way.
Tricia
This book reads like a lullaby with repeating lines setting a calm tone for the verse. Excellent bedtime book for birth through preschool...repeated readings of this title will add to the child's enjoyment.
Heather
Inspired by the rhymes of mother goose, the author creates a story in rhyme encouraging babies to sleep, dream, laugh, and grow.

The rhymes are awkward at points upsetting the flow.
Alicia Scully
A good bedtime story, filled with lullaby-like language. It also coveys the love from parent to child through its rhymes that children will find wonderful.
Boni
While this book is obviously aimed at the sentimental parent more than the child, I love the artwork and it's a soothing read-aloud.
Zaidee
Sweet book going through different animals and characteristics of each and Z is LOVING.
Marisa
This book is clearly written for the grown up, not the kid, but I like it anyway.
Michelle
This is a picture book that has adult appeal and not so much kid appeal.
Sherri
Pre-school appropriate. Lovely illustrations. Phonological awareness.
Prplpckl
A sweet night time rhyme with interesting watercolor pictures.
Sherri
Such an adorable bedtime book. I love reading this to my kids.
Jennessa
This is a beautiful book, I absolutely loved reading it to my kids.
Valerie
Shorten for storyime read - removing a few of the rhyming passages.
Gentle rhyme with lovely art. Just right for bedtime.
Carla Wallace
My son always quiets down when we read this book together.
Rachel
Recommended to Megan by: Mom
Shelves: 2013, fiction, kid, own, tripp
So sweet!
Hannah Talecki
Hannah Talecki marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
sarji
sarji added it
Nov 10, 2014
Renee
Renee added it
Oct 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
You Are My I Love You You Are My Miracle You Are My Wish You Are My Wonders Beyond Sovereignty: Issues for a Global Agenda