Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)

Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi #8)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  283 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Eric Thompson’s wolf howl can ruin electronics and send aircraft tumbling from the sky. Considered dangerous even by his fellow Sazi, Eric has become a lone wolf, living in self-imposed isolation. Yet when the very foundations of Sazi life come under attack, Eric knows he must defend his fellow shapeshifters at any cost.

Attacked by a band of vicious Sazi, Holly Sanchez sho...more
Published March 2nd 2010 by Tor Books (first published 2010)

Melindeeloo
The romance this time was okay but really took a back seat to the background story in which an attack leaves the Sazi world in turmoil and the leaders are taken out of the picture. We finally find out why Charles kept Tony around and it was interesting to see how the Sazi leader/seer set things up in the past in order to give his people a future now. I also thought that the part of the story where the lead Holly, a 'turned' wolf who had grown up human in a shifter family, opens the eyes of a for...more
Lillie
Gail
This book arrived in a package from B&N yesterday. I pulled it out and started reading after work, and finished it last night. (Stayed up too late.) It's that good.

This was the "wrapup" book of a series, but it's not the end of Clamp & Adams's Sazi books from what it said in the opening acknowledgments. Just that it completes this story arc where the Sazi are fighting this horrible millennial monster quetzalcoatl creature.

The heroine is Holly from an earlier book (I almost gave her the...more
TinaMarie
Darcy
All the behind the scenes maneuvering and bad guy build up all comes to a head in this book. We find out why certain people were saved when fate deemed otherwise, people were corrupted to help the bad guys and betray those that would protect them, and socially acceptable behaviors from the past were brought front and center. The Council and Wolfven can no longer ignore what has been going on around them and it is a fight for their very survival. During this life and death battle Holly runs into...more
Serena
While the Sazi were awesome, Tony was back, and so were the spiders and there was an awesome new big bad...this book was a fizzling end to an awesome series. I was saddened in a few ways by this book. The romance of the book was slapdash and kind of blah, the good guys were kind of annoying, and Holly was inconsistent. What could have been an epic battle was really kind of stilted and Tatya needed a bitchslap like no one's business.

I wish they could go back and redo this :( alas, it is not to b...more
Lynn Calvin
Lots of checkin stuff with previous characters that I don't fully remember, but finishes up a longish story arc and does some interesting stuff about non-shapeshifters in relationship to shapeshifters in the same families and closed communities that I thought was well done.

Also plays a little with the "mate bond" stuff and that it may not be the magic solution to relationship issues.
Karen Desmond
The individual books in this series can be a little confusing as there are so many characters involved in each one but each has an individual couple at the core of the story. A good read but you do need to have read the other books in the series first.
Ruth Ellen
There was a lot of info to help clear up storylines from other books in this one book. It was a good story and the characters are great
Maria
This story seems too short. One of the problems with my favorite authors is that I could read 600 pages and still ask for more.
Sam
the book was good but I didn't like the way the book ended. It ended abruptly and didn't seem to tie all storylines.
Kari
love this series
Melissa Jackson
Melissa Jackson marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Trang
Trang marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
P. A.
P. A. marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves #5)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Nocturnal
  • Once Bitten Twice Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Thief of Light  (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4)
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Crimson & Steam (Crimson City, #8)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • Good Girls Don't
Also known as Cat Adams, a dual-partnership writing team with Cathy Clamp.

She spent seventeen years in the Denver metro area and now resides in Texas with a large dog and pet cats. Office work provided a living while she pursued the goal of becoming a novelist. Forming the partnership with Cathy Clamp was the catalyst that led to publication and the two have enjoyed a long and fruitful collaborati...more
More about C.T. Adams...
Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) Touch of Evil (Thrall, #1) Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2) Howling Moon  (A Tale of the Sazi, #4) Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3)