Christmas Belle (Frazer, #2)

Christmas Belle (Stewart-Frazer #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Once they were lovers. Isabella was a fledgling actress, struggling to survive. Jack Frazer was a youth as innocent as he was handsome, consumed by love for this girl he could never make his wife.

Their year together was bliss; their parting bitter with jealousy and anger. But that had been long ago. Now Isabella is the premier star of the London stage. And Jack is the city...more
Published November 1st 1994 by Signet

Suzanne
'Christmas Belle' is the second book in the Frazer duet by Balogh, following 'The First Snowdrop'. This novel focuses on the reunion of a world weary aristocrat and the successful young actress he kept as a mistress ten years previous. Their love for each other has never died despite misunderstandings and grief. However a future together still seems impossible, and their emotional connection is tortured and poignant. Still, a rewarding and touching HEA awaits in the wings amidst the house party...more
Ana T.
Notes from the archive:

I did liked it because the characters were strong and believable but I didn't love it for 2 reasons: I think the misunderstandings went on for a bit too long - I had already guessed what Jack finds out almost at the end - and because when they admitted their feelings for each other I felt they should have acted on it and not rely on fate - or in this case Juliana - to allow them to be together.

2nd read
This is a book I have read a few years ago. I noticed I hadn't written a...more
Linda
Maybe it's just the Frazer family that overwhelms me with indifference. The second book in the series with a Christmas theme to boot. Even that didn't save it for me.

The heroine, Isabella is okay but I never warmed up to Jack her former lover. Isabella is a famous actress engaged for theatrics with Jack's grandparent, the duke and duchess. She is a widow of a French noble and comes with her two children.

The same people inhabiting the first book are back with several more marriages to add to the...more
Asya
This story of Isabelle and Jack is very typical of Balogh's Christmas stories with all the obligatory merry-making of an old-fashioned English Christmas. Sugary sweet but bittersweet at times it is a cozy read for any time of year.
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Oct) 2.5* Kind of boring - I find some of Balogh's earlier short books to be quite hit-and-miss with me.
Janet
Good but not great. Like A Snow Angel, "events" conspire to makes things work out.
Ewa
Dec 13, 2013 Ewa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: my-own
Sweet.
Merry Christmas :)
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Blacky *Romance Addict* marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
SmittenKitten
SmittenKitten marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
April Dykes
April Dykes marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Gloria Hogg
Gloria Hogg marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Katheline Schmitt
Katheline Schmitt marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Mckris10
Mckris10 marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Jody
Jody marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
  • Summer Campaign
  • Regency Christmas Wishes
  • A London Season (Regency Duo, #1)
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Fallen Angel
  • A Seduction at Christmas (Scandals and Seductions, #1)
  • Finessing Clarissa (The School for Manners, #4)
  • Daring the Duke (Lords of Intrigue, #2)
  • Lady Elizabeth's Comet (Clanross, #1)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Viscount Vagabond (Regency Noblemen, #1)
  • Marrying Harriet (The School for Manners, #6)
  • A Garden Folly (Country House Party, #1)
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
  • Emily and the Dark Angel
  • Christmas Revels
Mary Jenkins was born on 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high-school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and curl...more
More about Mary Balogh...
Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6) Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1) A Summer to Remember (Bedwyn Prequels, #2) First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet #1) Slightly Wicked (Bedwyn Saga, #2)