Start by marking “Christmas Belle (Frazer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Belle (Frazer, #2)

Christmas Belle (Stewart-Frazer #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Once they were lovers. Isabella was a fledgling actress, struggling to survive. Jack Frazer was a youth as innocent as he was handsome, consumed by love for this girl he could never make his wife.

Their year together was bliss; their parting bitter with jealousy and anger. But that had been long ago. Now Isabella is the premier star of the London stage. And Jack is the city
Published November 1st 1994 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Belle

Suzanne
'Christmas Belle' is the second book in the Frazer duet by Balogh, following 'The First Snowdrop'. This novel focuses on the reunion of a world weary aristocrat and the successful young actress he kept as a mistress ten years previous. Their love for each other has never died despite misunderstandings and grief. However a future together still seems impossible, and their emotional connection is tortured and poignant. Still, a rewarding and touching HEA awaits in the wings amidst the house party ...more
Monique Takens
Tot in de late uurtjes opgebleven om dit boek uit te lezen , ik WILDE gewoonweg niet stoppen met lezen van dit geweldige kerstverhaal en ik weet zeker dat ik het volgend jaar in december weer ga lezen .
I finished this book in the very late hours because I simply dit not WANT to put it down before reading it to the end and I am sure I am going to read it next december again .

Andere reviewers hebben al omschreven hoe het verhaal verloopt dus dat laat ik achterwege .
Wat ik mooi vond aan dit verha
Ana T.
Notes from the archive:

I did liked it because the characters were strong and believable but I didn't love it for 2 reasons: I think the misunderstandings went on for a bit too long - I had already guessed what Jack finds out almost at the end - and because when they admitted their feelings for each other I felt they should have acted on it and not rely on fate - or in this case Juliana - to allow them to be together.

2nd read
This is a book I have read a few years ago. I noticed I hadn't written a
Linda
Maybe it's just the Frazer family that overwhelms me with indifference. The second book in the series with a Christmas theme to boot. Even that didn't save it for me.

The heroine, Isabella is okay but I never warmed up to Jack her former lover. Isabella is a famous actress engaged for theatrics with Jack's grandparent, the duke and duchess. She is a widow of a French noble and comes with her two children.

The same people inhabiting the first book are back with several more marriages to add to the
ARomanceLover
This story of Isabelle and Jack is very typical of Balogh's Christmas stories with all the obligatory merry-making of an old-fashioned English Christmas. Sugary sweet but bittersweet at times it is a cozy read for any time of year.
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Oct) 2.5* Kind of boring - I find some of Balogh's earlier short books to be quite hit-and-miss with me.
Janet
Good but not great. Like A Snow Angel, "events" conspire to makes things work out.
Ewa
Dec 13, 2013 Ewa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: my-own
Sweet.
Merry Christmas :)
Gabriela
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Tricia Murphy
Tricia Murphy marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Carole Dulong
Carole Dulong marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
riri73
riri73 added it
Feb 23, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Caroline G'wattage
Caroline G'wattage marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Feb 07, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Ania
Ania marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • A Regency Christmas I
  • Regency Christmas Wishes
  • Libby's London Merchant (Nesbitt, #1)
  • A Double Deception (Regency Duo, #2)
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • Christmas Angel
  • Viscount Vagabond (Regency Noblemen, #1)
  • Emily Goes to Exeter
  • Christmas Revels
  • A Debt to Delia
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
Mary Jenkins was born on 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high-school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and curl ...more
More about Mary Balogh...

Stewart-Frazer (2 books)
  • The First Snowdrop (Frazer, #1)
Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6) Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1) A Summer to Remember (Bedwyn Prequels, #2) First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet #1) Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga, #3)