Start by marking “Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)” as Want to Read:
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  2,188 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Yotsuba met a robot at Ena's house! Betcha haven't met one ever! It was THIIIIIS big - but not bigger than Jumbo or anything - and it ate money! Yotsuba's never met anyone who ate money before! Maybe it gets more powers with more money!? Yotsuba should try giving it more money next time! Huh...what happens when money-eating robots get full? Do they have to go to the little ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by Yen Press (first published April 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05

Caleb
This series is the best thing ever. EVER.
Carrie
This was a good collection. Yotsuba meets a robot named Cardbo, she helps out with chores around the house (watching laundry is fascinating,) and she meets her father's good-for-nothing friend Yanda, who just shows up, eats their instant ramen and tries to steal Yotsuba's ice cream. Yotsuba is not impressed.

They go stargazing with Jumbo. While in the dark park, Yotsuba shines a flashlight in her eyes, blinds herself, and then runs away into a garbage can. (I laughed for at least ten minutes.)

My
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
This volume features the best scene ever... a bored-by-days-of-rain Yotsuba creating an army of ghost creatures while Daddy isn't looking. All. Staring. At. Him. "Geez!! That's creepy!!" doesn't begin to describe how funny these two pages are. Awesome.
Crystal
Loved this one, especially the beach, the robot ("don't crush Yotsuba's dreams!"), and Yotsuba's fury towards the visitor who eats her ice cream. Girl, I understand.
MissAnnThrope
30 May 2013

Danbo (aka Cardbo)!!
(view spoiler)

What I love most about this series is Yotsuba's contagious joy, her effervescent personality, and her ability to never let anything get her down. That is, until she meets her arch-nemesis, Yanda! To her credit, he is a turd and would probably make Mother Teresa want to knock him out. Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 shows an unexpectedly aggressive different side to Yotsuba that somehow makes her even more adorable and will leave you howling wi
Sue Moro
Yotsuba helps out with chores at the neighbors, splashes about in the rain (her father says she is bad at umbrella), visits the beach, and goes one on one against Yanada, her father's associate. The scenes versus Yanada had me laughing out loud! Yotsuba makes me smile and want to go jump up and down in a puddle!
Amin
یاتسوبا واقعا شیرینه . باید به مانگاکا این مجموعه به خاطر خلاقیت های خوبش و طنز های موقعیتش تبریک گفت
- برای یه مدت خوندن بقیه جلد هاش رو متوقف میکنم . حس میکنم برای برگشت به دنیای یاتسوبا ریکاوری لازم دارم
Vanessa
Yotsuba&! mangas never fail to cheer me up. The main message of any of the little stories within them is that it's important to enjoy life, even the little things (which is definitely something I forget on occasion).
Yotsuba is an excitable child who expresses joy and wonder at everything she comes across, and the stories in this volume were at times sweet and at other times hilarious. I love her facial expressions as they never fail to make me smile.
I can't wait to pick up the next volume
Anna
I know I love it. You know I love it. No surprises today. Yo!

I you need a good ol' laugh (it's really funny! For me, at least) and a cute'n'light manga, READ IT! Yotsuba is a gem.

That's all I'm going to say and last time I recommend you to read it (maybe, muahaha). It's healthy and good for your page count. Juuuuust sayin'.
Joy
I especially loved the chapters with Cardbo and Yanda.
Amy
Yotsuba shows you how to love life! I love how this whole series shows Yotsuba enjoying all kinds of summer activities. This was a good time of year to read the series, because it's gotten me excited for summer fun!

I just finished this series, of which there are five volumes (hopefully a sixth volume will be coming out this summer). I haven’t read a ton of comics series, but I would have to say that this is my favorite. Yotsuba, the titular character, is t

Sarah Hayes
Originally posted here at Anime Radius.

Tsuku-tsuku boshi! It's the end of summer - and spring is right around the corner! Oh, it's not? It's fall that's up next? Okay! As the fifth volume of Yotsuba&! opens, the summer season is drawing to a close. That can only mean one thing: try to fit in as many sunny summer day activities into one book as possible before autumn! This includes everything from ice cream cones to airing out futons in the sun to even the ubiquitous trip to the beach (one th
Marissa Suddreth
Content Rating: G
Star Rating: 4.5 stars (really liked it)

Check out my review on my blog!
(http://thebookcharacter.blogspot.com/...)

Opinions:
I enjoyed this short and pretty much easy read. At first though it was hard for me to get use to reading right to left (as you must do in this book), and I was also confused about Yotsuba's relationship with everyone in the book. She calls the mother of her neighboring friends "Mom", but she is not actually Yotsuba's mother. I would recommend reading this se
Elaine Lin
Yotsuba is still an outstanding little girl growing up in a small neighborhood. She is still learning many ways of life along with her family and friends. She is a cute girl that doesn't give up until she finally succeeds. Yasuda, a new character in this novel, jokes around with Yotsubaby taking a bite out of her ice cream cone. She doesn't surrender to him so she takes his phone during his phone call and yells " IDIOT!" to that random person. She doesn't give up until she thinks it's even or sh ...more
Sara
Definitely one of my favorites in the series. Yotsuba has so much joy and energy- it just lifts your spirits reading it. Amazing! This little girl can be so infectious and just make your heart laugh. I love her!
Kathleen
Recycling and Robots? Yotsuba works hard at everything she tries! Of course, a five year old naturally encounters obstacles others might not.

These continue to be some of the cutest manga extant.
Swety Retna
I loove this series so much! Hey, what about the chapter about Yotsuba and Helping?! you know, I read this chapter for sooo many timeeesssss!!! really, this is the most interesting and the funniest story I read. I sometimes think about what Daddy Koiwai has in his mind about Yotsuba's behavior, ha ha but He always lets yotsuba do whatever she wants and just look at her with blank look :D ha ha
when Yotsuba climb in Mom's back, Daddy was just looking! so cute.
And I really love Yotsuba activities
Johara Almogbel
The chores one killed me. I need to have a kid as easily amused as Yotsubato, I really do.
Harun Harahap
Makin konyol aja nih Yotsuba. Paling kocak pas bagian berantem sama Yanda. Ahahaha, sikoplok...
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
My 8 year old enjoyed this book. She said the ending was a little strange. Now I need to go check out the next couple books in the series for her.
Diana Jaber
Love it <3 can't quit reading this series.
Ivy
So cute! sad it stops at 12 but, oh well!
Nada
Yotsuba & the robot was extremely cute! lol
Amanda
It's the end of an endless summer, and Yotsuba is out to make the most of it. First, she'll go toe-to-toe with a cardboard robot, then help out the neighbors by eating their grapes and spearheading an impromptu trip to the beach. But when her ice cream is stolen by Yanda, Koiwai's understudy, Yotsuba may have to admit she's finally met her match!
Ruba AlTurki
Chapters: 28,29,30,31,32,33,34 .
Yotsuba meets a new friends Danbo the cute cardboard robot that she really liked , and Yanda her father's friend who she had a huge cute funny fight with !
they had some trips this Volume to the mountains for watching the Stars and for the Beach ..
»ƒranxine«  Bau†is†a
Took me a while to finish this...Got hugely distracted is my only excuse :P

Glad I finally finished this funny manga..It's easy going and you'll get some great laughs. Yotsuba is certainly a very interesting little girl who is full of LIFE (haha,that's an understatement)!
Grace
Yotsuba tries to make the most of the end of summer vacation. She meets a new enemy, Yanda.
I picked this book up because I'm a Yotsuba fan.
I finished it because it's funny.
I would recomend this to Rachel because I think she should try a manga book like this.
Alice Bliss
Yotusuba is the funniest preschooler ever!!!!!!!!The series is pretty funny and shows u what it was like 2 b young again,it really should have been in an anime!!!!!!!
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Bunny Drop 3 (Bunny Drop, #3)
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture 2 (Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, #2)
  • Mushishi, Volume 7
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 6
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Yotsuba&! (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 06 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1) Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)