Memoirs of the Soul

Memoirs of the Soul

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Teaches readers how to use writing to recognize and celebrate the "spiritual" connections in their lives -- moments of wonder, the sources of their strength, their creativity, resilience and times of personal transformation.
Published December 15th 2001 by Walking Stick Press (first published December 1st 2001)

Crystal
Jun 01, 2012 Crystal marked it as to-read
Shelves: memoir-writing
I have reviewed this book as a reference for my thesis. It is full of writing exercise toward creating a spiritual memoir. The author is very well versed and very well educated to teach writing and this book can lead even the nonwriting type into the serious project of writing a memoir. I would highly recommend using the book to accomplish such. She covers everything from getting started to editing and publishing. I hope to use some of this in developing a memoir workshop.
Elizabeth
I was looking for something to enliven an action character for my next book and began reading this at the local library, I liked it so well I picked it up for my private writing library. (Note: I am not writing a memoir, but I do write in limited third person or first person in extreme circumstances.)
Shauna
Jan 01, 2009 Shauna marked it as to-read
I was gifted this book from the author. I really should read it. She was the presenter at a writing retreat I went to and she is very kind.
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2013
Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Laurie Larson Caesar
Laurie Larson Caesar marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Ray
Ray marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Priya
Priya marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Leanne
Leanne added it
May 19, 2013
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Ivy
Ivy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Rita Peterson
Rita Peterson marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Jaymi
Jaymi marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Ken
Ken added it
Jun 26, 2012
L Adlem
L Adlem marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2012
Ceanne
Ceanne marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2013
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2011
Tristy
Tristy marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2011
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
Easing Into Essays: Getting Ready To Write The Ged Test Essay/Teachers Guide Easing Into Essays: Getting Ready To Write The Ged Test Essay Writing Your Life: Developing Skills Through Life Story Writing