Start by marking “Sinful (Addicted #2)” as Want to Read:
Sinful (Addicted #2)

Sinful (Addicted #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,867 ratings  ·  321 reviews
He must find redemption in the most unlikely bedchamber...

While these numerous dalliances fulfill Matthew's every
Trade Paperback, 360 pages
Published May 1st 2010 by Spice (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sinful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinful

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Huge 5+ stars

To say I love Sinful is an understatement, which is why I'm baffled it's been so difficult for me to write this review. This book had a profound effect on me, yet I'm having trouble expressing the reasons why.

The characters in this story are richly layered with the complexities that make up human nature. Such as, prejudice, jealousy, envy, ego, insecurity, environment, cruelty, and discrimination, as well as kindness, generosity, charity, love, understanding, tenderness, and the mir
Shawna
May 22, 2010 Shawna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Addicted, steamy Victorian-era historical romance, angsty reads, & tortured rake heroes
Shelves: charlottefeatherstone-sophierenwick, historical-romance, erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, hero-cad-rake-rogue‎-scoundrel, sizable-packages, historical-romance-victorian, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, i-read-own-faves-keepers, 2010-reads, best-top-favorites, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, favorites, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-addict-excon-lawtrouble-thief, hero-alpha‎, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, hero-im-gaga-over, heroine-i-adore, made-me-cry, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, favorite-beautiful-lush-cool-covers, heroine-plain-jane-ugly-duckling, doctor-or-nurse-in-the-house-shrink, best-faves-of-2010, cheating-hearts-fidelity-issues, hh-addiction-recovery-sobriety, hh-blind-eyesight-impaired, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, 5-stars-or-higher, hero-brooding, star-crossed-lovers, heroine-mistress, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-servant-serving-working-class, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hh-big-constant-misunderstandings, heartbreaking-gutwrenching-romance, controversial-memorable-event-scene, heroine-commoner-lower-class, hero-authentic-uber-rake, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, tearjerker-tugs-at-heartstrings, a-all-time-best-of-best-fave-dik, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, hero-titled-wealthy-lord, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, hero-pissed-me-off-and-turned-me-on, hero-black-sheep, love-triangle-vying-courtships, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, a-all-time-best-top-50-fave-dik, betrayal-is-such-a-bitter-pill
5+ stars – Erotic Historical Romance

I’m a bit late writing my review for Sinful because I left for a trip almost immediately after I turned the last page, but I couldn’t resist doing a little bit of gushing over such an evocative, sensual, heart-wrenching, and lush read.

Addicted was one of my favorite reads of 2009, so my expectations for Sinful were extremely high, and I’m elated, ecstatic, and thrilled to say that it lived up to the anticipation, and more. In this emotionally hypnotic, darkly
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

3.5/5.0 Whenever I give a book a 1/2 star rating, I almost always give it the 'rounded up' Goodreads star rating.

My Review:

I have such strong feelings about this story. It’s one of the few books I’ve read that grabbed me from the first page and kept my attention all the way to the last. Why 3.5 stars? Because I loved the book up until the last 20 pages or so, then I hated it. And honestly, I struggled between a 3 or 4, which is why I ultimately chose 3.5. If you care to know why, read on…

We were
Auntee
May 10, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of lush historicals
Ahhh, this was a good one. I don't usually read many historicals but this one caught my eye because of the glorious cover, and I figured if it was half as good as its cover...I was pleasantly surprised when the story more than lived up to its cover!

I won't get into much of the plot, since the synopsis does a good job of it, and I doubt that I could write about it without giving away some spoilers. Just know that Sinful is a story about a devilishly handsome aristocratic, notorious, cold, jaded r
Karla

WOW WOW WOW!! Such a sensual and emotional read. I was drawn to Wallingford in Addicted and wanted to learn what made this angry, virtually unfeeling man tick. He had hints of kindness in Addicted and it would have to be someone special that would draw him out and reveal who he really was.

The woman that becomes Matthew’s obsession is not the beautiful, sexually skilled women that he's involved himself with in the past, but a compassionate, virtuous, hard working “plain Jane”. He falls in love w
Eastofoz
Jun 16, 2010 Eastofoz rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who don't mind misery & a stagnant plot
Why do erotic historicals more often than not have to be seeped in a dark and depressing misery? It seems to be that they all have something sordid about them and this one is no different. What is different is that while the others have a non-stop sex-athon with various “what the ** ?!?” acrobatics and a modicum of story, this one stays stuck in the same place for over 300 pages. The plot just doesn’t move.

I had so much hope for this novel, thinking that I’d like it even better than Featherstone
Rane
Charlotte Featherstone has a true way with words, as they come alive as dark poetry off the pages. Sinful had so many moments within it’s pages, you were just quickly pulled into the story of Matthew, the Earl of Wallingford and Jane Rankin. As the heals the wounds placed on their hearts and souls.

Matthew really drew me in as he appeared in Addicted, there was something about him, that made me wanna know more about him. With Matthew sometimes it felt like there were two people living in the sa
valee
2.5 STARS
How and Why all my friends in here gave such a high rating to this book is beyond my understanding and comprehension. It's not that I did't have a nice time reading it because it had some really good parts which I liked a lot, but in the overall I just can't say I loved it, not even enjoyed it much. Some parts I could only pray for the book to end soon, specially at the end. Maybe with a better ending I would have given a higher rating to the book but I just couldn't after reading it.

WH
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Jan 05, 2012 Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter by: Karla Kristen
"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her."
- Author unknown -

4 1/2 stars.

Sensually beautiful!

Matthew, Earl of Wallingford knows exactly what human nature consists of - temptation and physical pleasure. Matthew is a leader in things such as depravity and scandal and he avoids any emotional entanglements. He had a secret. A secret he had to hide. Sinful. Matthew says:

"I am a creature of darkness, whose element is night and shadows. I belong in the
Zeek
Lord Matthew Wallingford is known as a scandalizing wastrel and womanizer and he’s fine with that for he knows he’s a broken man. He needs the appearance he’s carefully erected to shield himself and keep everyone at bay because he’s been used too many times before. Then one night, he’s attacked on the eve of realizing his fondest goal- to own his own art Gallery.

Jane Rankin is a plain Jane with no family and no connections- except for the self-made oddity Lady Blackwell. By day a companion to La
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

SINFUL FIVE STARS - FANFUGGINGTASTIC!

So my first impressions when looking at this book – “ Wowza, look at the size of that’s mans back”

My husband’s first impression when look at this book – “What’s that green stuff near his ass? It looks like fart gas”

- My Dave, the charmer.

So once I get over the lovely comment Dave makes I start reading. This is my first Charlotte Featherstone book, so give me some credit when I say; I didn’t know what I was going to be r
Sammy, Halloween Monster Sex Guru
Sexy Historical with an Unexpected Ending!!!

The Earl of Wallingford is a debauched womanizer. He feels love for no one. He never sleeps with the same woman twice, and never in a bed. That would be too intimate of a setting. Against a wall will do just fine.

Mathew, The Earl of Wallingford
description
"Has there never been one special woman whom you thought highly of, whom you felt something for?"

"No. I have never allowed a woman to touch me with anything more meaningful than sexual superficiality. I fuck wo
Stephanie
What an incredible moving story. I only wish that it didn't have to end.

There is nothing remotely cliché about Matthew or his actions throughout his journey in this book. He is often times cruel and more times than not heartless, as he so often refers to himself. In reality he has been so damaged by his past that instead of making peace and moving on, he lets him define who he becomes as an adult.

Jane is a tortured and damaged soul also, but instead of wallowing in self pity she moves on from
Lil' Grogan
You've got to be kidding me. The "hero" is a spoiled child who goes around moping about having no soul and snapping at everyone around him. He won't learn how to manage the ducal estates, he throws a tantrum when his father cuts his allowance, and doesn't even think of earning his own money to support himself. He's too weak to face his past, so lashes out at other people. Wow. Yeah, I want me some of that.

(view spoiler)
Cyn Mistress Kitty
I have been looking forward to this book for months and I wasn't disappointed.
What amazing characters. When Wallingford is in residence, he is mean, vane, cynical and hurtful. At those times in the book, I would actually gasp at the things he said and did and want to slap him and tell him, What's the matter with you? But when Matthew is in residence, he is so caring, loving and sensitive. At those times I would just melt and want to hold him. After reading about all the things he has gone throug
Caroline The HEA Lover
(This review was originally posted on Book Lovers Inc)
I read Addicted a few weeks ago (here is my review) and I couldn't pass the chance to read Sinful, which is Lord Wallingford’s book. I received this ARC for review from NetGalley.
I should wait for the tears to dry before attempting to write this review, but I can’t. I need to share with you why this book moved me so much. I am torn, because just like Addicted it left me crying and I hate to cry but Sinful is wonderful, it’s heart-wrenching,
Gina
Wow, what a book! This story was emotional, heart wrenching ,sensual. It was about damaged souls, and the healing that can be found in forgiveness and true love and acceptance. This story made me angry, made my vision blurry from tears as i tried to read, and finally made made my heart swell with happiness. It is hard for me to write down my feelings about this book. I am sitting feeling so emotional and moved by this story. It will stay with me for a long time.

I am spent....

*the awesome epilogu
Wendy
Wowee, I really enjoyed that. Matthew a Duke with a sordid past and sinful ways, but with a heart of gold when he meets his true love, Jane. This book had me totally absorbed, that I couldn't put it down. I also felt teary in parts for what he had to endure growing up. All in all a great read.
Nikki
Jan 01, 2012 Nikki rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Historical romantica fans who like a bit of angst.
4.5 stars.
"I know the man you were," she whispered as she closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side. "I've glimpsed him since. Where is he, Matthew?"

"He's broken," he rasped as he ran his lips down her cheek to her jaw. "He's fucking ruined, Jane, and he'll destroy you."

-----

"I don't want to hurt you, but I will. But I can't let you go." He pressed his eyes shut and fisted the hem of her chemise in his hands. "God," he growled, fighting the memories, the fierce wave of emotions that crashe
Jen
Dinjolina
I did some unthinkable things.
First of all, I never read Sinful up till now.

I know! Evil me!

But then I did something more wicked.
I hated it.
Yes, I confess!
I hated Sinful!
OMG!
Why,right?
Well,find out at your own peril:

(view spoiler)
Rach~The Highlander luverrr
How do you begin to explain the power of emotion this book spills through you
How do I write in words the agony and pain my heart has endured whilst reading this amazing book

The truth is I cant… I simply can not provide it in words

And so I will tell you as I write this review with the best of my ability what it is and how it is to feel completely attached to a book character so much that a HEA ending is just not enough to bring you out of your heartache…

After reading this book … I felt down ..
Fani
I didn't like Featherstone's writing style; I loved it! It was emotional, melancholy, lyrical, heartwrenching and poignant. I also liked the characters in this one much better than in her first novel. However, this was in truth more like 3 stars than 4 stars for me. Why?

My bad mood during this weekend is probably reason enough for me to not appreciate this as much as it deserved (that's why I rated it with 4 rather than 3 stars which was what I felt like when I finished it). But, there was some
 ~*~Princess Nya~*~
This book was some straight up Bull Sh*t!

1st of all I need to make it known that I am not big on historical romance/Erotica. But there have been a few times, very few times, that I have been pleasantly surprised with this genre. So since this book was on my Kindle already, I decided to finally read it.

The 1st 6 chapters I was like "This is gonna be awesome!"
It had the right set up, the right Hero and enough intrigue surrounding him I couldn't wait to find out what closed him off from emotions? W
Mimi Smith

I was going back-and-forth on the rating, so I just decided it'll be 4.5 stars.

I liked the premise of the book, liked both Matthew and Jane. I'm not sure what, exactly, I think about the writing style. It's...different.
Statements like this appear often...

“I am a creature of darkness, whose element is night and shadows. I belong in the dark with the other sinful creatures.”

It sounds...a bit off and melodramatic. Yet in the context of the book, it fits perfectly.

Seeing the other side of
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Mar 15, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna (Bobs Her Hair) by: Mimi Smith
3.5

This book had a good start then fell flat for this reader. The dramatic last third of the story saved it from tedium. The conflict felt authentic and the obstacles realistic. Then, the author unexpectedly delivers an unconventional ending. Kudos!

The Story
Sinful contains a dark tortured hero and a plain Jane. (Ironically, the heroine’s name is Jane.) Matthew, Earl of Willington, is a libertine. He believes women are good for one thing (view spoiler) and every woman ha
Mandi Schreiner
Why I read: I have been wanting to read Charlotte Featherstone for some time now and this was offered through NetGalley.

Favorite Quote: Yet somehow he knew she was different from all the others. Somehow he knew she was forbidden. Forbidden to be tainted by someone as debauched and amoral as himself. But damn him, he could not resist this temptation – this woman who made him yearn.

Matthew, Earl of Wallingford is a very talented artist – but his art is of the disrespectful kind, usually including
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
To say that Matthew, Earl of Wallingford is a rakish, skirt-chasing scoundrel is the understatement of the century.

After chasing the wrong skirt -- seeking a celebratory shag, a most unfortunate incident lands him in the hospital for a prolonged period. During his stay, he falls for Jane, the...well, plain Jane nurse from the wrong side of town who care for and nurses him back to health. Once his health returns, the royal ass returns as well. Honestly, I really despised the handsome but snobby
 ✿Alyssa✿
To sum it up: In Victorian England vice of every kind can be purchased, and Matthew, the Earl of Wallingford, makes certain he avails himself of every possible pleasure. Bored and jaded, he is as well-known for his coldness as for his licentious affairs with beautiful women.

While these numerous dalliances fulfill Matthew's every physical need, they secretly leave him numb and emotionally void. Until one night when he finds himself beaten, eyes bandaged and in the care of a nurse with the voice o
Adrienne
5+ Stars..........Review to follow after I've read the epilogue on Charlottes website

Ok after I finished this and read the epilogue, which is sweet and ties up any loose ends the reader may have, I went off to read the reviews,now, this is not something I normally do for fear of plagiarism however on this occassion I felt it necessary, just to see if everyone else felt they way I do and yes it seems the general consensus is what a worthy read this is. Very few authors have the ability to make me
  • Anchor and Storm
  • Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • Passion (Passion Quartet, #1)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Dancing on Coals
  • Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • The Lady's Tutor
  • Everything Forbidden (Albright Sisters, #1)
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2)
  • Hot in Here
  • Tempt the Devil
Hi I write erotic historical romance for Harlequin Spice, as well as erotic paranormal romance under the name Sophie Renwick. In 2011, I'll be debuting my mainstream, Victorian set historicals through HQN.

I love talking about books, and have found some new friends, and really good book recommends here on Goodreads. I really love this community.

More about Charlotte Featherstone...
Addicted (Addicted #1) Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1) Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2) Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3) Sinful: Epilogue

“Jane, you are my confidante, my helpmate, my friend. My lover. You are everything the word wife means to me. In my heart, we are wed. In my soul, you are mine.” 77 likes
“She was breathtaking in her beauty and her human spirit, he thought, unable to speak as he gazed upon her. Hers was the sort that would not fade or grow jaded with time and years, but flourish, grow more radiant with life and its experience. Hers was a beauty that no other possessed. A beauty he longed to keep, to hide away, to bask in, himself alone. She had become his. He didn’t know when, whether it had been the moment her fingertips had touched him when he was hurt, or if it had grown, like a seed, slowing spreading until Jane had become the root anchoring the shattered pieces of his heart, pulling them tight together until it resembled the organ it should.” 57 likes