Start by marking “Confessions of a Little Black Gown Large Print Edition” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Little Black Gown Large Print Edition

Confessions of a Little Black Gown Large Print Edition (Bachelor Chronicles #4)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,288 ratings  ·  70 reviews
She spied him in the shadows . . .

And in an instant, Thalia Langley knew the man before her was no saint. He might claim to be the Duke of Hollindrake's unassuming country cousin, but no man that handsome, that arresting, could be anything but . . . well, he simply "must" be an unrepentant rogue. His cat-like grace and power leave Tally shivering in her slippers at the not
Published August 19th 2009 by Thorndike Press (first published March 24th 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Little Black Gown Large Print Edition

Angelc
Unfortunately, I didn't finish this one, so no star rating for me. I felt like it was one of those romances where the 'mystery' takes up more of the story than the romance. I loved the basic idea of the rakish hero masquerading as a nerdy vicar, but the lack of interaction between the hero and heroine made me uninterested in them. If you are a big fan of the rest of this series, I'm sure you would like the book because the supporting characters are a huge players in this one. One thing that disa ...more
Isalys
I LOVED this book! One of my favorite qualities in any book is if it could make me laugh - and while reading this, if I wasn't giggling, I was trying to unravel the mystery of the missing American pirate that was freed from one of England's most secure prisons.

In the very beginning, the book didn't seem anything out of the ordinary [for a historial romance:] but at about chapter 3, it really started to come to life. Tally (Thalia Langley) was such a fun, flirty character who was anything but or
Blodeuedd Finland
I enjoyed this book a lot, I even giggled from time to time. And it was sure hard to keep a straight face while reading if there were others having lunch at the same time. I do love a good historical romance, there is just something sweet, and sometimes oh so wicked about them. Not to mention that I love the time and the manners.

I liked Thalia, she was strong, and she knew what she wanted, a wicked rake, pirate or perhaps a spy. So when the man she spies in the shadows actually is a vicar she is
nurmawati

ceritanya ttg lady thalia langley, kakaknya felicity langley menikah dengan duke of hollindrake (di buku sebelumnya)...
disini thalia yang biasa dipanggil tally terlibat dengan sepupunya, lady phillipa (pippin) menyelamatkan seorang pirate yang di cintai lady pipiin (juga dari buku sebelumnya )..dengan menyamar mereka membebaskan dashwell dari tahanan dan menyembunyikannya ( cerita ttg pippin dan pirate dashwell bakal ada di buku lanjutan buku ini )...
eniwei....kerajaan menugaskan lord larken, se
Cynthia
There were some ideas with potential floating around in this book:
Little Black Gown, Spy/Vicar, playwriting heroines, pirate jailbreaks, secret female spy order, and such. Too bad it came together in a boring inane mush. Ugh.

Honestly, I don't really care about Tally or Larken, especially when they aren't all that admirable and don't have any depth. Boyle tries to give them life but they fall flat.

Also, I'm assuming the sister Felicity and the Duke were the H/H of a previous book, but Felicity ca
Melis
Larken ve Tally'nin eğlenceli ve bir o kadar komik halleri için sizleri Okyanusun Sözleri'ne alalım ^_^
Yumru
Keyifli bir hikayeydi.Hayvanların kitaplarda yaptığı muzurluklar çok güldürüyor beni.Burada da köpek çok güldürdü birde erkek karakterin köpeğe bakış açısı iç sesler komikti.Seriyi beğeniyorum bakalım sıradaki kitap nasıl olacak ama 3.kitap daha iyiydi.
Erica
Elizabeth Boyle's novels are a fun and engaging read, and I always look forward to her next release. I read this one a bit out of order, so I was familiar with some of the later storylines and the future development of the characters.

I enjoyed this book, for the most part. The characters were fun to follow and easy to like. However, some of the ending pages felt forced and unnecessary. In addition, some aspects of the plot seemed underdeveloped, so I found myself backtracking to see if I missed
Kristal Kitap
3,5

Ben Tally'nin hikayesini okudum değil mi? :) Kitap boyunca Tally'nin başına neler gelecek sonuçlar ne olacak diye değil de daha çok Pippin için meraklanıp durdum. Haliyle yetmedi bana. Yazar 5. kitap için neler neler hazırlamış. Tally yazık arada kaynadı gitti benim gözümde. :))

Düşesede nedense çok soğuk bir karakter havası çizmiş yazar. Biraz zorba biraz kibirli birine dönüşmüş. Okudukça diğer kitaplarda ki Felicity bu mu diye kendime sorar oldum. :) Son sahneler olmasa Felicity'de ki bu değ
Mary
There's a lot of spying going on at this little house party! Lord Larken, master spy, is undercover to find an escaped traitor pirate who happens to be his friend. The women in the Langley/Knolles family are scheming to pull off a great escape. And a deadly assassin is trying to tie up loose ends and retrieve a certain sexy black gown. Meanwhile there is the serious business of matchmaking to attend to.

Larken and Tally made a great couple. They were both very skilled at espionage and just plain
Freja ☼
This book is so funny! I love, love, love the epilogue ending!!!! I mean, how genius is that?

The story is really sweet and I love the turnout, for most of the characters. Though the Pippin part makes me a bit sad.

I think that Tally is an amazing girl! She's just so lively and cute and gifted. Mr. Larken is a very good con artist, and oh, how I love him for it! He's like the most epic dude ever!

This story is just great, and I really, truly think that people should read this book, if not for th
Shelly
Momma
From the moment Thalia Langley first caught a glimpse of him in her brother-in-law's study, she knew. He was the one. And then he stepped forward and proved to be a bumbling vicar. Somehow, despite his appearance, she knew from that moment that the rake she desired was hiding underneath. Tally has more intuition than I do apparently :)

With twists and turns, secrets, spies and intrigue this one will keep you on your toes and interested throughout it all.

In the interest of not ruining the book for
Amber
Kimberly
Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/revie...

Upon hearing the voice of a mysterious stranger in her brother-in-law’s study, Thalia Langley thinks she just might have met her destiny…or not. How could the duke’s bumbling, poorly-dressed vicar of a cousin be the man of her dreams? From the moment she meets the awkward Milo Ryder, Tally knows there must be more to him than meets the eye. And when a mysterious little black gown lands in her lap, Tally knows just ho
This was an intriguing and thrilling story. I was caught up in the suspense it had. Thalia, our heroine, is being matchmaked by her determined sister at an upcoming house party. Along comes Lord Larken, our hero, disguised as Mr. Rider, to spy on Thalia and her cousing Pippin, the suspects of a jail break-out.

I really adored the storlyine, the plot. It was refreshing to read in a historical romance, and I was eagerly wanting to know if Thali and Pippin really were the culprits of breaking out L
Linda
This was an accidental re-read but the novel is actually better the second time round, since I'm now reading the The Bachelor Chronicles series in order. This title is strongly connected to the previous book, Love Letters from a Duke.

Thalia Langley, better known as Tally, is up to no good. She's assisting her cousin, Pippa, in her tempestuous romance with Dashwell. They have a plan...

Then, Lord Larken, disguised as a vicar appears. Tally sees through his masquerade quickly, but he's in search o
Pınar
2.5

En sevdiklerimin bile arada beğenmediğim kitapları çıkıyor maalesef. Bazı noktalar dışında sevmedim. Ki istisnasız haftalardır sürünüyor elimde. Yazık oldu. Umarım bir sonraki kitap daha iyi çıkar. Tabii biz çıktığını ölmeden görebilirsek

description
Leya
The characters were likable. I found both the hero, Lord Larken, and heroine, Thalia "Tally" Langley very compatible, they just clicked. They're both adventurous, inquisitive and humorous. The only thing missing was chemistry. Alright, it may just be me, but the "umph" was missing.

The mystery, well not really a mystery...I found it a little tedious at times, and the reason for it was I was expecting more of Pippin and Dash in the book. I really enjoy those two, and I cannot wait to get my hands
Shirley Granados
Michelle
I'm a little behind with the Elizabeth Boyle books so this is only the second I've read behind Lord Langley is Back in Town. Since I'm reading these in the wrong order I am a little confused with some of the background and secondary characters but I've found that in the end this didn't matter to me. I loved Tally. She was the right kind of sassy and independent. She knew what she wanted and she went out and got it. What she wanted was Lord Larken and he was a great hero. I've always enjoyed a no ...more
Siobhan
Standard sort of historical romance, but the date-rape (of the hero) was very distasteful, NOT romantic.
Rox
The Bachelor Chronicles is indeed a good series and this is one of the best after Felicity's story.
Christina Rosenberg
This one had me laughing out loud, but you really need to read the other one first. I read this one out of order and missed a lot.
Wynn
It was just OK. A little mystery. Couldnt really feel the spark from Tally and Larken...
Bibliothekerin
I love the unique title--it helps me remember the book and the series!
Mandy
In this story, both the hero and heroine are keeping big secrets from each other. I shouldn’t have liked this book as much based on the secret identities, lies, and the amount of time devoted to the spy story. But, I did. I didn’t even know the characters from the previous books and I still smiled while reading this book. That’s because the characters are so distinct and entertaining. But, the mystery/adventure absolutely takes the lead with the romance falling behind. When finished, I really wa ...more
Di
Love historical romances.
Yun Zhen
I liked this book the way I like all books. It was an enjoyable read. Some parts were quite funny. Some parts were quite thrilling. But something felt missing. After I finished reading it, it just didn't feel like that much of a satisfying read. I'm not sure what really. Maybe the mystery part could have been more well-developed. Some characters could have also been more fleshed out rather than used as plot devices. And the female and male leads definitely needed more interaction.
Lynne Tull
Great read! I loved the characters and the story. This book covered it all: history, romance and suspense. The emphasis was on the suspense; the "sex" was secondary. It was a refreshing change. Although I knew that there would be a happy ending, I was on pins and needles until I found out how all would be resolved. Also, Ms. Boyle throws in a curve or two that will surprise you! I have already started the last book of the series: Memoirs of a Scandalous Red Dress.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 05, 2015 11:11AM
  • The Sins of Lord Easterbrook (Rothwell #4)
  • Three Nights of Sin
  • Love with the Perfect Scoundrel (Widows Club, #3)
  • The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton (The Burgundy Club, #3)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)
  • Always a Scoundrel (Notorious Gentlemen, #3)
  • Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • The Duke's Indiscretion (Duke Trilogy, #3)
  • To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • The Dangerous Lord (Lord Trilogy, #3)
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family #4)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2)
  • Sins of a Wicked Duke (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #1)
  • Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)
  • One Good Reason
  • At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Quintet, #3)
19842
Elizabeth Boyle was an antipiracy paralegal for Microsoft before settling down to write full-time. Her first novel, Brazen Angel, which won Dell's Diamond Debut Award in 1996, also won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award for Best First Book, and was a finalist for Best Long Historical Romance. She lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington. She is also the author of Brazen Heiress.
More about Elizabeth Boyle...

Bachelor Chronicles (9 books)
  • Something About Emmaline (Bachelor Chronicles, #1)
  • This Rake of Mine (Bachelor Chronicles, #2)
  • Love Letters From a Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #3)
  • Memoirs of a Scandalous Red Dress (Bachelor Chronicles, #5)
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • Mad about the Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #7)
  • Mad About the Major
  • Lord Langley Is Back in Town (Bachelor Chronicles, #8)
Love Letters From a Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #3) Something About Emmaline (Bachelor Chronicles, #1) Along Came a Duke (Rhymes With Love, #1) And the Miss Ran Away With The Rake (Rhymes With Love, #2) This Rake of Mine (Bachelor Chronicles, #2)